Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 10:05:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie...Propane!  (Read 835 times)
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2007, 09:58:59 AM »

I can hardly believe what happened this morning. Phil, my propane driver showed up about 9:30am today ready to fill my 86 gallon, outboard LP tank. Before he started, I asked him when he was here last...He said "April 27th".
Since then I've cooked with LP, and used hot water every day. I've also been on three, 3 day trips, where I used my LP powered Onan to run both rooftop AC units for much of the time.
So here it is slipping towards mid September, and my tank only needed 46.3 gallons of LP to be full again. At the $1.85 per gallon rate I pay, my propane cost for over 4 months was just $85.66.

I've heard Propane called dangerous, expensive and inefficient, but I ain't seeing it. The more I use it, the more I like it.

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
captain ron

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 10:59:55 AM »

If you wants some cheap heat at a price you can't beat Propane, (Sung to the tune of "Cocaine" by Eric Clapton) Grin
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 11:25:20 AM »

It's all right,... It's all right,.......  Propane

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 06:48:31 PM »

Pinkard and Bowden did the "Propane" song.  They were a major hoot to see.  They would insult any and everyone in the audience.     
They still play some of PB's stuff on the radio.   
LP was expensive and inefficient...when gasoline was $1.00 a gallon.
LP is a deal now.   I use it and love it. 
And you don't pay highway use tax on it!  Wink
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
captain ron

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 07:00:39 PM »

They also did "save the beer"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: