Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 02:18:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sam Walker convicted  (Read 4974 times)
bruce_14

Ignore
« on: May 19, 2006, 01:53:38 AM »

An excerpt from the story:

"Walker was convicted of one count of deceptive business practices, five counts of theft by deception and five counts of theft by deception for receiving stolen property for taking $256,016 from five customers."

Full story: 
http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-b1-5walkermay19,0,5895955.story

gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 04:51:37 AM »

Well, that's a start, although somewhat surprising.

Must be some concilation to you, but I suspect you're not holding your breath about getting your money back, since there's probably none to give back.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 04:57:41 AM »

Bruce

I hope the trip home brings bigger smiles.
I know the one smile you really wanted to see and you got your wish.

Be well
darrenayres

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 05:15:55 AM »

I came real close to referring a friend to Walker. I became aware of Walker after seeing their website where they lengthened a MC-9 and put in a different engine. I contacted them about doing the conversion on a passenger bus and was told they didn't have FMCSA approval for that but they would make me a great deal on motorhomes--buy one get one at half price! That's when I began my research and discovered that Sam was having a small problem.

I'm happy with the conviction. I really liked his premise of converting older coaches but not the deceptive way he tried to make it happen.

Darren
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 05:39:40 AM »

Wonder if his website will be taken down.

Would be interesting for someone to contact them about doing a conversion to see what kind of sales pitch they'd receive. I suspect it'll be business as usual for him.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
coachcrazy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 03:00:05 PM »

they talking about this guy? http://www.walkercoach.com/main1.shtml
darrenayres

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 03:06:12 PM »

Yeah, Crazy. That's the scoundrel.

Darren
disabledhunter

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 09:40:05 AM »

I was checking this out after almost 10 years after. I think i and 3 other parties were the omly folks to actually get my money back from this creep. Now that i look back, it seems so long ago, but brings up alot of bad memories. However ive learned alot from this experience, i feel sorry for the folks he stole money from to pay me.

82 MCI-9
disabledhunter

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 09:43:40 AM »

At that time i was Bruce_14, since then i changed my name, so i guess im not really a newbie, since ive lived in my bus for over ten years.

82 MCI-9
dukegrad98

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 11:30:28 AM »

I remember seeing that guy's website way back when I was originally researching -- I recall it in particular for its focus on the double-decker Neoplan buses.  It doesn't look like there are any updates after 2008 or so, but that site is still up and running.  The original link about his prosecution is dead, so I didn't get to read the whole history. 

Cheers, John
boogiethecat

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 09:28:38 AM »

Current link to the old story:

http://articles.mcall.com/2006-11-17/news/3699662_1_customers-ritter-motor-coaches

1962 Crown
San Diego, Ca
disabledhunter

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 09:56:36 AM »

Hey Boogie; I don't know where you found this link, but thank you for posting. This pretty much sums it all up, i can't tell you how many folks i had contacted through this forum. Wish i knew then ,what i know now about this con, but as the saying goes hindsight is 20/20. I tracked this guy like a dog for years, sending letters to numerous authorities, it finally paid off, but would never want to go through something like this again. So many folks have been taken by this guy, so even i was surprised to get my money back, unfortunately it was other peoples money.

82 MCI-9
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 12:40:54 PM »

I think 6 months is just a slap on the hand....he needs to spend several years behind bars and every dime he makes when he gets out goes to the people he ripped.

I have 0 tolerance for crooks and thieves!

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"
dukegrad98

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 01:04:18 PM »

What happened to the guy that posted here who supposedly bought his business and was going to rebuilt it?  Dausch or something?  Just a matter of curiosity.  Search and you'll find a five-page or so thread about him -- edit, here's a link:

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=10871.0

Looks like he hasn't logged in since July, 2009.

The restitution that Walker paid -- however he got the funds -- appears to have saved him a much longer sentence.

Cheers, John
disabledhunter

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 01:30:17 PM »

Yes Dukegrade; that was the whole premise of getting the police involved, we knew if he was facing jail time, that he would miraculously come up with the money he owed us. However it took years for that to happen,thus giving him more time to steal from other folks.

82 MCI-9
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: