Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 29, 2014, 11:52:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easier to Read Board  (Read 4436 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« on: April 03, 2006, 05:38:22 PM »

Well, to try and get to 50 posts and not be a newbie (BTW, Congratulations Nick) I did a little exploring on the modify profile selection and found that the other profile available Classic YaBB SE theme is much larger type and much easier to read everything. I highly recommend you try it. While there you might try selecting Show Most Recent Posts at Top. Don't know for sure what it will do but I suspect that is what someone was looking for earlier.
Richard

Just tried the Yahoo Spell Check on this theme and it works much better.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 05:41:41 PM »

I do not like that my background is blue. Will try exploring to see if I can change it.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 05:45:15 PM »

Hmmmmmm. Lets see. The background on the first post was dark blue and the background on the followup was white. Lets see if this goes back to blue. Am I getting closer to 50 yet?
Richard

plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 05:56:54 PM »

OK - now, I have installed a new theme titled Simplicity.  It has an ALL WHITE background. 

Now, the only thing is, I sure hope I get LOTS of support from our members  Grin Grin Grin  as I can't possibly know how to discover and work all these cool   features across all these different layouts.

But - as busnuts are the BEST - that should be just OKEY DOKEY.   Wink  Wink  Wink

Best Regards - Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 06:00:18 PM »

Well, you win a few and you lose a few.

By doing the changes I made in Themes, I got a much larger size font which looks like about 12 and everything is much easier to read.

I got alternating Blue and white backgrounds on alternate posts.

Selecting the "show most recent post at top" rearranged all the replies to Phil's large sticky post. There are 49 replies and the 49th it the first one you see, so that is very nice I think.

I apparently lost in the changeover to a new theme, the ability to select at the top of the page unread posts and unread replies to my posts.

I wonder if there are some other themes available as that was a nice feature. Yes Phil it did solve the problem I had mentioned earlier.

Yahoo spell check found three typos in this message. It works great.

Richard

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 06:05:20 PM »

Hmmmmm. While I was preparing a post Phil entered information on a new Theme. Guess I will go try that now. Think I will get to 50 tonight?
Richard

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 06:14:01 PM »

I agree with Nick. I do not like Simplicity at all. Font is much too small to be readable. I am going back to YaBB SE. Nick, You ought to give it a try also.
Richard

BTW, the Yahoo spell check does not like Simplicity either.

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 06:22:19 PM »

Well, back to YaBBSE. This theme has a great statistic section and it looks like the board has had almost 10,000 hits in April already, if I am reading it correct. It also breaks down posts by authors and many other interesting ways. Try it guys, You will like it I think.
Richard

DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 06:31:53 PM »

MAK Publishing Bulletin Board - Statistics Center
General Statistics
 Total Members: 114
Total Posts: 309
Total Topics: 55
Total Categories: 1
Users Online: 9
Most Online: 19 - Today at 06:19:10 PM
Online Today: 19
  Average registrations per day: 2.33
Average posts per day: 6.37
Average topics per day: 1.12
Total Boards: 1
Latest Member: Merlin
Average online per day: 3
Male to Female Ratio: 9:1

Top 10 Posters Top 10 Boards
 plyonsMC9  66
Nick Badame Refrig. Co.  51
rv_safetyman  20
gumpy  20
Dallas  18
DrivingMissLazy  16
NJT5047  11
plyons  9
akroyaleagle  8
MCI 9 Tony  6
  All Topics ( click here for quick start! )  309

Top 10 Topics (by Replies) Top 10 Topics (by Views)
 New Board Jump Start  48
Board format  24
Picture, Gumpy  14
Bus Fire Fighting Information  14
I'm testing it out too  10
Separate Discussion Area for HOW-TO use the board ?  10
14 members  9
This is only a Test  9
Change your background!!  9
Hello  7
  New Board Jump Start  337
Picture, Gumpy  188
14 members  147
Bus Fire Fighting Information  127
Board format  106
I'm testing it out too  105
Shameless Use of the Board  99
Posting Pictures  97
Separate Discussion Area for HOW-TO use the board ?  85
You can now upload your own pictures ( avatars )  82

Top Topic Starters Most Time Online
 plyonsMC9  9
Nick Badame Refrig. Co.  7
gumpy  4
Dallas  4
rv_safetyman  3
DrivingMissLazy  3
akroyaleagle  3
JackConrad  2
Clarke Echols  1
RTS/Daytona  1
  plyonsMC9  21h 52m
Nick Badame Refrig. Co.  16h 57m
plyons  6h 36m
DrivingMissLazy  5h 54m
gumpy  4h 50m
Dallas  4h 30m
rv_safetyman  4h 26m
MCI 9 Tony  4h 8m
NJT5047  3h 34m
redbus  3h 20m

Forum History (using forum time offset)
 Monthly Summary New Topics New Posts New Members Most Online Hits
 April 2006  23 180 78 19 9643
 March 2006  26 101 30 15 1816
 February 2006  6 31 6 3 0

Some interesting statistics from the YaBB SE theme board.
Richard

plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 06:52:39 PM »

Fun stuff Richard   Smiley

Default theme users can find this also off of their main screen, under forum stats.

Best Regards,
Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 06:57:55 PM »

STAT,  STAT,  STAT,

Richard, I need more STAT,

Help!, I can't get enough STAT

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: