Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 05:17:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy Towing???  (Read 3867 times)
maria-n-skip

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »

"which would have left the front 7-8 feet of the bus hanging off the back of the trailer"

FWIW
Skip
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2007, 05:34:27 PM »

"which would have left the front 7-8 feet of the bus hanging off the back of the trailer"

FWIW
Skip

And that apparently included the front axle which he neglected to mention. I think everyone would know that you could not transport the bus with the front axle not supported on the trailer.

It is not at all unusual to see an equipment trailer going down the road with six or eight feet of the equipment hanging off the back. Always with all the wheels on the trailer however.
Richard
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 05:37:34 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2007, 09:21:18 PM »

Do they have your signature on any paperwork? Did they tape record your original conversations or advise you that they were going to tape record your conversations. If not, then I would lack recollection or suffer " I cannot recall" syndrome regarding any and all conversations with anyone from the incompetent tow company and that it was purely accidental that they showed up to offer their services of which you politely declined.

Have a great day!

UBNLDC

United busnuts legal defense counsel, LLP

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
coachconverter

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2007, 05:33:21 AM »

Nope no signatures or anything, just a lot of shuckin' and jivin'

I'm glad it all worked out this way, I had a well respected company that I've worked with before pick the bus up last night, due here in a few hours.

I would have used them in the first place, but this other person was supposed to work on it for me, so I was trying to wrap the deal together.

Live and learn I suppose...
maria-n-skip

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2007, 05:37:24 AM »

I certianly hope you are finding someone else to work on it!

Grant...

I thought "I don't recall" only worked in the senate Smiley

Skip
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2007, 07:14:25 AM »

Skip,
I didn't think anyone or thing actually worked in the senate  Shocked Grin Roll Eyes Grin Wink

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
coachconverter

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2007, 07:49:10 PM »

Yes, the bus arrived at my shop tonight, very professionally done.  The driver managed to load it by himself and unload it himself with zero damage, full liability coverage and for about $1k less than the first jokers.

The company is Aber's Towing in Ashland OH, they'll go anywhere in the country and I can't speak highly enough of them, used them twice now.

http://www.aberscrane.com/

1-419-289-1741

Thanks
Todd
captain ron

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2007, 08:14:47 PM »

I know Abers and they are a high dollar outfit that has been in business for many years. But I don't believe they hauled anything cheaper, I think your just trying to make someone look worse in your post or ruffle feathers. Even if they were cheaper (which I don't believe) was it a mile for mile deal? This thread should die as there are 2 sides of every story and the other side probably has a very different account of what happened.
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2007, 08:57:30 PM »

Ron,

Do you know something we donít? You came across a little hard on coachconverter, whats up?

Laryn
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 09:52:57 PM by Barn Owl » Logged

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
coachconverter

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2007, 06:48:23 AM »

Yeh really.

Actually, the haul was a couple hundred miles further and was about $1000 cheaper.  The Facts

The post can die, that's fine.  I just wanted to pass on contact information for a reputable hauler, which I think we can all benefit from finding someone that others have had good luck with.

Did that make sense, forgive me, I'm switching to Sanka
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 06:50:56 AM by coachconverter » Logged
cody

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2007, 06:59:51 AM »

Unfortunately, there seems to be little if any standards set for pricing in the towing industry, we've seen this time and time again over my career in law enforcement.  The prices quoted seem to be at the mercy of the driver and mood he's in at the time, reputatable outfits seem to try to be consistant or somewhat in how they base their charges but the actual driver seems to have the final say based on what he encounters when he arrives at the scene.  I've seen a couple of times where a "nuisance" fee has been attached simply because of the difficulty of the tow.  I feel that a reputable towing service should be experienced enough to know what is needed and can quote an appropriate price for the job based on the information given at the time of the call, but as always the human element can come into play and some of the lesser quality outfits think they have you over a barrel and might try to take advantage of it, your option is to send them on their way and get a better one.  I've seen outfits give price breaks and others overcharge.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: