Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 06:28:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TBR 2007 Has Begun!  (Read 2674 times)
Dreamscape

« on: September 14, 2007, 04:10:56 AM »

Just a quick note to tell you that we have 12 coaches here so far. More are expected today.

Last nights BBQ was a huge success! Lots of food and beverages were consumed and everyone was happy.

We will be taking pictures today with the owners in front of their buses for a future album. Of course other pictures of the campground will be posted.

The weather is great, cloudy yesterday, humid but cooler than the past few weeks.

It was a great feeling to pull in yesterday and find Sonnie already here, he sure has been a big help with helping us find and secure this group area.

Lots of fun and more lie telling today.  Cheesy

One bad note though, my coffee pot is not working today! I am not a happy camper without my coffee!  Cry Cry

The bus ran flawlessly yesterday, no problems to report by anyone else that has arrived.  Smiley

More coming soon, with lots of pictures too!  Cool

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 04:44:36 AM »

One bad note though, my coffee pot is not working today! I am not a happy camper without my coffee!    

Paul,
  I too have suffered that feared dilemma.  Quick! go knock on your neighbors door, tell then it is a medical emergency, you need COFFEE. Being a fellow busnut they will quickly fill your cup.  Right NCBob?
  Jack
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 09:55:01 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 06:11:31 AM »

Paul, we finally got the coach back from the repair shop yesterday afternoon.  Part of the good news is that the bill was much, much lower than I'd thought for the amount of work we had done.  I spent the rest of the afternoon getting the interior ready to travel, reinstalling the domestic water pump, loading many pounds of stuff (water, oil, parts) etc.  We have a little more to do this morning.  If my water pump install worked, and we can fill the water tank ok, we'll leave this morning, probably be there around noon or early afternoon.

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 06:56:40 AM »

Awwww, Paul, you should have strolled over here and had coffee with us this morning!  We could have had a pajamma party! Wink  I wouldn't wish a morning without coffee on anyone. Shoot, I don't even get out of bed till I've had my pot full each morning!

And, boooooooy was it gooooooooooood this morning! Cheesy Cheesy  Rich, steaming, Folgers medium blend coffee. . . fresh out of the pot. . .mmmmmmmnnnnn Wink.  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Dreamscape

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 07:46:52 AM »

Here is a tickler pic!

The first morning sunrise!

Enjoy!

Paul
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 07:56:48 AM »

Sounds Great Paul!  Wish we could have made it. My brother is in the area and we contemplated coming down for the rally and visiting him for a day.  Just couldn't get the time off from work ... :-(
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 08:14:51 AM »

Christy, that was just sooooo mean.  and  sooooo funny.  You think like I do.  HEHEHE  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 05:14:03 PM »

As I said Paul, your first rally will be a great success and the growth will be multiplied through the years I am sure.  I hope we can come next year but no promises yet, but this is a planned trip to do. I hope Sonnie and Christy and all the busnuts there this weekend will continue coming so we can all hear some of my dilemma's that just made Uncle Ned nearly die laughing.  We will all look forward the the photo's and don't worry about competing with me, I will enjoy someone else's for a change no matter how they are submitted and knowing you guys the quality will be superior I am sure.

I hope the weather is holding up for your guys, we are FINALLY getting some rain all day today nearly and no complaints by me or anyone as long as no flooding occurs.  Have a good but safe trip home when you all have to head back home, but have a great time now you lucky dogs!!
Gary

Gary
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 07:48:58 PM »

Well, we ARE having a great time and of COURSE we'll be coming back.  Cool

Now, for a little surprise for a few of you. . . scroll back up and take a look at that picture again. . . but look behind that Flex for a second. . . is it a bird?  Huh no, is it a plane?Huh  ???nooo. . .It's TempBus! Cheesy   Grin  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Dreamscape

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 09:18:37 PM »

Here is another pic tickler! This is the way to do a BBQ! We hope to have this at all future events.  Grin

We had another great day and the weather was perfect.  Wink

I hope to have the photo album available sometime next week. So for now enjoy this and others I will post over the next couple of days.

It's late and I'm tired! Wink

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 09:24:22 PM by Dreamscape » Logged
Dallas

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 03:50:11 AM »

Here is another pic tickler! This is the way to do a BBQ! We hope to have this at all future events.  Grin

We had another great day and the weather was perfect.  Wink

I hope to have the photo album available sometime next week. So for now enjoy this and others I will post over the next couple of days.

It's late and I'm tired! Wink

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

Paul,

I didn't realize you had an Eagle in such good shape!  Cheesy Cheesy

Dallas
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 03:53:22 AM by Dallas » Logged
Dreamscape

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 04:29:24 AM »

Dallas, I'll take that as a compliment, Thanks!  Grin Grin

Who's got the coffee?HuhHuh? Cry Cry Cry

I need my coffee!!!!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Another day in paradise is about to begin. Yesterday was a day for relaxing, enjoying the weather and of course talking BUSES! George Fields showed me some pics of a 1950 FLX he is restoring, it will be a real show stopper and it will get up and go with a Cat engine. He said he hopes to have it road ready late this year. Christy showed us pics of her and Larry painting thier GMC a couple of weeks ago. You should see her in the spacesuit she was wearing! So many stories and tales of how folks have or are what they are planning to do to their bus. Then of courese theirs Sonnie with his great looking Ealge with a screaming Cat engine! A fantastic job of installation for sure.
This is just a few tidbits of who is here, more to follow.

Here we are relaxing with our two traveling companions.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 07:05:45 AM »

Paul,
I will bet your original campground for your TBR is under water right now as we speak with the hurrican rains etc. You see, good things do happen to good deserving people when you may have some doubts of it happening.  Man, we wish we were there even in our S&S.  In fact, next year, Eagle or not, plan on us being there, hope you won't mind the ole S&S though.  It will be better than sitting here wishing we could go.
Gary

Gary
Dreamscape

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 08:51:54 PM »

Gary,

We had a S&S, Airstream and 12 buses. You or anyone is welcome in anything that you can drive. Already planning for next year, response was very positive. It was good to spend time getting to know one another, share stories, bus stuff and anything else that came up. Several groups would break up and talk about whatever the subject was at that time. No formal discussions, just bus nuts getting to know other bus nuts. What an experience we all had. Everyone at one time or another toured every bus that was here, finished or not.
Clifford and Sonja, left early to head down to Houston. Arthur and Phylis also left with her not feeling well. Kenneth left to go work on his '55 FLX. George and his wife in the S&S left to go do some work on his '50 FLX.
We had another great BBQ along with desert. Had a drawing tonight for door prizes. Several people got some good stuff.
Tomorrow is the last day, we will be leaving around 10 am to head back to Hawley. Sad that it has ended, but glad it happened!

Hope that many more will attend next year. Look for Texas Bus Roundup 2008 posting for date and place!

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 09:05:16 PM »

Hey Paul , Looks like your having a ball , take lots of pics ( Eagles) lol  Have fun . Maybe next year . Andy

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: