Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 08:29:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TBR 2007 Has Begun!  (Read 2616 times)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 04:19:45 AM »

Now you have one more job when you can do it, with the picture posting of your rally we all will enjoy seeing.  You will see what I go through each time I do it in sorting, classifying and actual posting.  But it is worth it when you sit back and watch a slide show of what you, your wife and Darrin and everyone that contributed to your rally accomplished.  Everyone have a safe trip home, Don't forget, Kyle is having another one very soon, in October and located in SC in the prettiest country view you will ever see. Maybe some or all of you that attended Paul's (TBR) can wonder on up  in your self contained bus, RV, S&S or if you are a day tripper in a vehicle.  Everyone is always welcome.

OH NO, another weekend off working on the Eagle Jerry!!  I'll never get that Eagle done having fun every other weekend or so.
Gary

Gary
Dreamscape

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 05:27:37 AM »

Well the last day has arrived.  Cry

Now we all have to get back to reality and break camp!  Cry Cry

I will work on assembling the pictures into albums this next week after the dust has settled.

Gotta go find some coffee!!!!! Grin Grin Grin

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 12:39:02 PM »

Paul, Darrin, Sonny, and everyone.  Thanks for your hard work, we had a great time.  Good company, good food, and a great opportunity to swap ideas.  Sorry we had to leave early, we really missed the chance to get to spend more time with everyone - I really wanted to hear what George is doing with the Flx, and Phyllis really wanted to do the bus tour with Becky. 

In our haste to get going (once it was obvious that Phyllis wouldn't recover), I forgot to leave our contribution to the door prizes - I'd turned a wooden bowl out of some tropical hardwood (cocobolo).  On the other hand, that really means we'll have to come next year.  By the way, Phyllis is now feeling better, but it really was the right decision for us to leave.

Arthur & Phyllis   
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 12:48:20 PM by Runcutter » Logged

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 01:04:23 PM »

I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you guys when you left.  Cry We didn't know you were leaving or we sure would have been right on over! 

Glad to hear Phyliss is feeling better though!   Grin

Good luck on your project and if you feel like you missed out on too much, well, just motor on up the the NJT rally in Carthage, MO in a month!  We'd be glad to have you. . .plus, instead of being between all those birds,  Wink um, I mean, Eagles,  Cheesy you can be in the majority with all the GMC's scheduled to come, tee hee hee.  Grin Grin Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Dreamscape

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 03:18:20 PM »

Arthur and Phyllis,
Glad you made it home OK. Also nice to hear Phyllis is doing better! Good idea saving the bowl for next year, can't wait to see it!

We arrived home safe and sound with no problems at 4:45 pm. We stopped in Witchita Falls for a burger, walked the dogs then headed south to Hawley. Great drive, a little warm though. We fired up the gen for some A/C, which was nice.

We had a great time with everyone and made a lot of life long friends!  Wink Thanks to everyone for attending and to Darrin for his hard work!

Need a nap so I will say goodbye for now.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
dwbruner

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007, 10:42:08 AM »

One bad note though, my coffee pot is not working today! I am not a happy camper without my coffee!    

Paul,
  I too have suffered that feared dilemma.  Quick! go knock on your neighbors door, tell then it is a medical emergency, you need COFFEE. Being a fellow busnut they will quickly fill your cup.  Right NCBob?
  Jack

I was the neighbor and thankfully I had coffee to spare! Roll Eyes  It might have got ugly if I weren't able to fill his cup with some fresh brewed Hawaiian Kona coffee (how about that Christy?? Grin)

The morning ritual was everyone congregating somewhere in the campground, coffee in hand and talkin' buses!  It was a beautiful thing! Cool

Until next year! Cheesy
Darrin

Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10
Dreamscape

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 03:33:44 PM »

Between Clifford, Sonja and Darrin I got my coffe fix every morning!  Wink My wife says THANK YOU VERY MUCH!  Grin Grin

Next year I will make sure we have at least two working coffee pots in case one goes south!!!!! Wink

Paul
beckthespeck
Becky Lawry

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2007, 08:22:37 PM »

Phyllis and Arthur-
I am sorry Phyllis was so ill!  Sure hope it wasn't something we fed her!  So glad you feel better - hope you are back to your usual self by now.  Gotta cheer for my birth year buddy!  We have to stick together.  I look forward to getting to know you both better in the future.

Cynthia and Darrin -
You are such a lovely family - thank you for sharing your precious girls with all of us!  Children light up my life and yours are no exception.  (Why don't you get Ashley some knee-pads to go along with her helmet?)  HA!  Thanks for all you did to help make this possible, Darrin....and for the KONA coffee those 2 mornings!    God bless your family! Grin

Brenda & Mike -
Thanks to both of you also, for sharing your Ms. Paige!  What a blessing she is.  You two are fantastic parents and Paul and I wish you the very best with the upcoming proceedings.  Our prayers are with you.  Please keep us posted, okay?

Kathy & Frank -
Really enjoyed visiting with you and look forward to more chances to do so.  Enjoy Kerville!  Frank, you have a lovely lady there!

Patti & Ricky -
Thanks again, for the benedryl!  Yoshi recovered just fine.  He lost his big lips after about an hour and slept all the way home.  You two are a great couple and I am thankful to have met you!

Sonya and Clifford -
I am so pleased to have finally met the two of you!  What an experience we shared at TBR.  Please let us know how your grand-daughter is doing.  Hope you are having a blast in Houston.

OK - that's all for now.  Bedtime is here and that alarm clock will shake me out of bed in the morning early.  Happy trails.......
Becky
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 08:27:59 PM by beckthespeck » Logged

Mrs. Dreamscape
Sanity Fix

Mike Crouch and Brenda Britt

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 08:37:12 AM »

TBR 2007 was fantastic- totally laid back- with a lot of camaraderie

M.C., Paige and I enjoyed this gathering tremendously (except for his cold).  It was quite uneventful for me in the fact that nothing happened.  We have only been to two rally's previously.  The first one I pinched a nerve in my spine the night before we got there/Branson.  Couldn't walk but thanks to my good friend Pattie Gray and the use of her electric chair, Paige and I did get to see some of the sights and had the ducks chase us, via a set of wheels.
"Go Christy on the brownies but never, I say never, lean over sideways to get a baggy out of the drawer, the consequences are not pretty.
The second rally was in Arcadia a couple of months later.  Still on wheels, Paige and I once again got to see the sights, collect shells and had a great time until Paige took control much to my dismay and almost ran over a small child in a stroller.  Talk about embarrassing, but everyone survived and no one was hurt.
During all of this time, M.C. got to visit, talk buses, etc. and was able to meet quite a few people.  I didn't but at least I had wheels.

At NTB 2007 Nothing, and I mean Nothing happened.  It was great meeting everyone.  Sorry I didn't get to visit more with Sonya (Hope your tooth is better).  Don't want to make you feel bad but the scrapping and creating with my sister turned out to be wonderful.  Thank you Jackie for bringing your mountain of stuff to play with.  The location was ideal.  We didn't have to worry about Paige or Ashley getting lost.  Give them a tricycle or a bicycle and they were happy.  That was great because normally there are no small children. (I think)  I have figured out Darrin and Cynthia that if you provide Emily with scrapbooking or card making material you never have to worry about her either.

Ronnie from Big Ronnie's BBQ had quite the time.  Said he would be glad to be back next year if invited.  His BBQ is heavenly. Next year, he will be more prepared and said he would make sour dough biscuits on the back of the big old smoker and might even make bread pudding.  We are so glad everyone enjoyed it, as well as his tails.  Believe me, they are not tall, for those of you that heard them. 

Becky, you are sweet to say the things you did about Paige and Patty you were a doll playing with Paige and sharing your time with Jackie and I.  Pat, get that laptop out and hook up to wi-fi.  Christy sorry I missed the brownie story and your dessert.  Not sure what you made.  Becky told me I made chocolate chunk brownies.  I had one and they were good, tasted just like those you get from SAMS.  (Imagine that~)  I also had magic cookie bars and they were outstanding. 
Christy, if you are reading I am disappointed  I didn't get one of the t-shirts that says I survived NTB 2007.  I hope everything was/is okay.  Pat told me that you guys had an emergency and had to leave.  Maybe we can connect up somehow and I can get a shirt from you.

Looking forward to next time and knowing it will be as great as this time.

Nonna/Brenda Britt

By the way Paul, if I had known about the coffee dilemma, I would have loaned you a coffee pot.  I am like Christy in the way of Folgers, Medium wake up in the morning, smell good, taste great coffee.  Who wants to get out of bed to go find a cup, but then I am looking at the sleep late, don't want to talk about bus brakes, radiators, cooling systems, etc.  (I'm bad)
That's a thought.  Maybe you broke that coffee pot so you could start those bus stories early.  I don't know, what do you think Becky.
BB

Mike/Brenda/Paige
Dreamscape

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007, 03:09:02 PM »

That's OK Brenda, I needed an excuse to go outside and talk bus stuff with the guys anyway.  Grin I do like my morning coffee though! Just the aroma wakes me up.

I'm glad everyone had a good time, we sure did.

And yes, Ron's BBQ was fantastic. I already metioned to him that we would like to have him back next year. He said "Sure". He know what he's doing that's for sure.

Hope to see you guys soon.  Wink

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
beckthespeck
Becky Lawry

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2007, 06:04:48 PM »

Hello all! 

Hi Honey!  (That's for Paul - he's in Gulfport.)  Wish you were here - that tasteless, saltless, butterless, 94% fat-free popcorn I had for dinner was delicious!  I'm washing it down with one of your cold Pepsi's because my Cokes are still in the bus. 

Glad to hear folks made it home safely.  I can't help but wonder where Christy is - didn't see a post from her today. 

Brenda - please thank your sister again for me.  She was so sweet to give up her time and materials and share them with us. 

That reminds me, I need to get busy cutting fabric.  I got this wild idea it would be fun to make a quilt throw for everyone in our families......for Christmas!  What was I thinking?  I have several quilt tops completed but they will still have to be QUILTED.   Better go sharpen my cutting blade and get busy.

Keep these posts coming - it's fun to hear from you all.  Enjoy your evening! 

Becky
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 06:16:30 PM by beckthespeck » Logged

Mrs. Dreamscape
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2007, 06:35:09 PM »

Oh, I've been around, mostly lurking. . . and coughing. . . and whining. . . ask Larry, he'll tell you, I'm a big weinie! 

We sure had a nice weekend and it was a drag to hit the old grindstone again this week.  After having fun and yakking with everyone all weekend, we realized once again just how great busnuts are.  We feel lucky to belong to such a diverse group of people who are so much fun!  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: