Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 21, 2014, 08:59:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Puppy!! (w/picture) Suggestions??  (Read 3486 times)
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 02:43:40 PM »

Congratulations on your newest addition!
He's awesome looking. I'm sure you'll do a great job making him part of your family.
We have a 1 year old Black Lab and a 5 year old Golden Retreiver - our "kids".
Best of luck.
Sammy  Cool
Nissan_DownUnder

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2007, 11:42:51 AM »

Giday Chaz

Sorry to hear about your father.

Great to hear the progress with your pup.  If your working with him every day, there is no doubt he will turn out to be a brilliant addition to your family.  Like so many other things, consistency is the key to working with dogs.  Make sure is gets out in vehicles as often as possible, so he will be used to traveling.

On a minor note of caution, remember not to over-work a young pup too much.  A young dog needs regular moderate exercise.  Also, you should restrict the hight you allow him to jump until he is older.  For example, dogs are not allowed to compete (or train over jumps) in agility until they are 18 months old.  You need to wait until the shoulder joints have properly developed.

Keep us posted with pictures

Peter

Peter
Nissan UA440,  Wellington, New Zealand
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2007, 07:39:06 PM »

Thank you all for the nice comments and condolences.
  Roo is doing well and picking up a little more everyday.

Peter,
    He really isn't jumping too much, except for his playing around. He's mostly just running around like a nut. I guess it's an occasional "manic phase"!!  Cheesy

Sammy,
    Yeah, he will be a good addition. The "puppy phase" can be a little trying, but I wouldn't have it any other way. He can be such a pain in the @$#, and turn around and make you laugh till tears roll. I think Linda likes watching me laugh at him the most.

Manasst,
    Next time he "drops a duece" in the house, I'll call ya and tell ya where we can meet for the exchange!!  Grin Grin Grin
   Naaaaaaah, all part of it. I just can't wait till he gets the hang of frisbee. If any of you have never seen the competitions - and your a dog lover - you owe it to yourself to see it. Either live or on TV. It is amazing and you have never seen happier dogs. Here is a site that you can see some pix of true agility: http://www.dogpatch.org/dogs/frisbee.cfm

Time to go back to the house and see if he ate his crate!  Wink Grin

Oh, by the way, from the time we brought him home, which was a 2 1/2 hour drive, he has been a perfect little traveler. THAT kinda suprised me a little. And when I'm "playing" inside the bus, he has found a little spot to the right and behind my seat that he likes to hang. Pretty cool.

G'nite,
      Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: