Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 08:00:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We're on our way home. . .sniff. . . .sniff!  (Read 746 times)
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2007, 09:20:32 AM »

Well, the TBR2007 is pretty much over  Cry and we're headed on north  Cry, back to Oklahoma, back to our life of drudgery and work. . . .drudgery that IS work?. . . work that IS drudgery! Angry

We had such a great time, and I know everyone always says that, but seriously guys, we had a wonderful weekend.  Grin These smaller rallies are just so nice, because you actually get to remember who you met, and you get to actually KNOW them, not just meet them.  There was such a good group of people here, and so talented and knowledgeable, that to be honest, Larry and I were just a bit intimidated. . .well, hell, we were a LOT intimidated!   Embarrassed

And FUNNY!  Cheesy Oh, some of those guys were just a hoot!  Cheesy Everyone was so patient with me and politely ignored all the hacking and coughing I did this weekend. . .I really appreciate that!  Kiss And foooood, Lord my tummy hurts from stuffing too much barbecue into it!   Tongue

Paul was constantly scurrying around making sure everyone had all they needed and we appreciate his and Sonny's hard work at not only scheduling this rally, but then punting when they needed to switch locations.  As it was, this was an excellent location as far as I'm concerned, and I really wouldn't change a thing about the rally if it were me!  In fact, if you guys could order the same weather for next year, that would be really, really awesome.   Wink

Anyway, we'll be back next year Grin, if you'll let us that is  Huh, ha ha.  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:43:01 AM »

Isn't it a shame that the rally's have to end?  Just when everyone is starting to really get to know each other and having so much fun, suddenly it is time for someone to head out.  We are lucky here though. We still have 2 buses here, although one is leaving in a bit, from our rally that ended a week ago.  We have had lots of good food, good laughter, and I got a much better puter built while we were sitting around.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 05:20:11 PM »

Quote from: Christyhicks
Paul was constantly scurrying around making sure everyone had all they needed and we appreciate his and Sonny's hard work at not only scheduling this rally, but then punting when they needed to switch locations.  As it was, this was an excellent location as far as I'm concerned, and I really wouldn't change a thing about the rally if it were me!  In fact, if you guys could order the same weather for next year, that would be really, really awesome.   Wink

Anyway, we'll be back next year Grin, if you'll let us that is  Huh, ha ha.  Christy Hicks

Come on Christy if ya gonna talk football lingo get it right! That was a 2 point conversion if there ever was 1 LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

PS You and Cat are both correct about the small rally's and them having to end! Next yr if my bus goes anywhere it'll be with a HIRED DRIVER as there were too many things and people I missed! By the way Christy we expect to see Larry & you next yer! This is 2 yrs in a row you've dodged us! Also Captain Ron has voted for us to go back to a later date next yr, and well if he's gonna show up and entertain again and there are not too many objections we'll think about moving it back a little! But then again that'll be up to CAT for the final ruling on that!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 05:45:34 PM »

We would have loved to have attended your rally, but  by the time we found out about it, well, we had already started sanding TempBus down and getting her ready for her paint job.  There was no way we could rush the job fast enough to have it done in time, but maybe next year! 

Just don't move it too late. . .speaking of which. . hey, you know, you guys COULD motor on over for the Jersey Roundup in Carthage, MO on Oct. 12!  tee hee hee, Plenty of room for you!  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: