Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 15, 2017, 09:34:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 24v alt.  (Read 2595 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 07:51:50 AM »

Of course an 8KW generator running whilst going down the road will power 2 rooftops also

And to me, this is the best suggestion of all.

You can also run the microwave and coffee pot and anything else including the TV if desired. Personally I would have hated having to rely on the bus alternators and an inverter for all my travels. How many times did I stop at a rest area or a Flying J for an hour or so? With the genset, I just left everything running, and when stopping overnight at a WalMart or rest area or wherever, I always had A/C.
If I had to choose between a genset and the inverter/alternator setup, the genset would win, hands down.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
rdbishop

'68 MCI-7 892T, 740 Richard & Missy - Texas

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 08:41:22 AM »

Richard,

I've been running about 4 yrs now without an alt. I've been using either the gen. or the invert. I still have my OTR air and it works great. So now with the truck 24v alt i'll get back to normal?? I now need to know... 140a or 160a?

Richard
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 09:41:42 AM »

Richard,

I've been running about 4 yrs now without an alt. I've been using either the gen. or the invert. I still have my OTR air and it works great. So now with the truck 24v alt i'll get back to normal?? I now need to know... 140a or 160a?

Richard

Sorry but I can not advise on that. I think either one would be sufficient to operate your OTR air and I believe that should be the main consideration.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: