Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 12, 2017, 08:06:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with GM P/N and Supplier for Plastic Window Latches  (Read 1120 times)
Mrbill4108

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2007, 01:41:12 PM »

I have a GMC  4108 and my side windows that slide need new latches. 
Iíve looked through my GM parts manual but have not been able to find the number yet. 
Anyone know what the part number would be for them and maybe who would have them? 

Thanks for you help,

Mrbill4108

79 GMC 4108A
S/N 228
Florida Space Coast
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 02:18:09 PM »

I think I have a box of those new
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 04:46:33 PM »

Try Mohawk?

There are newer styles of those still in active use in the transit fleets, but not for much longer.

Everyone going to drop top windows.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Mrbill4108

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 01:00:45 PM »

Thanks but already tried Mohawk and they needed a part number.... also tried MCI but without a good part number no luck.

Don't want to risk getting the wrong item without a part number. 

Thanks again,

Mrbill4108

79 GMC 4108A
S/N 228
Florida Space Coast
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 05:03:03 PM »

Hey guys, I just had a thought after seeing this picture. could these kind of latches be used to keep your fridge doors closed. I would say mounted on the side of the fridge & end of the doors to pull them closed. Has anyone used window latches for this before?

WVaNative

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
belfert

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 06:45:30 PM »

Hey guys, I just had a thought after seeing this picture. could these kind of latches be used to keep your fridge doors closed. I would say mounted on the side of the fridge & end of the doors to pull them closed. Has anyone used window latches for this before?

I investigated using double hung window latches for my fridge latches, but I realized the gap for the seal is pretty wide.  I ended up using some stainless steel hook latches I ordered from McMaster-Carr.  I just came in from installing them and I found out the metal on a fridge is really thin.  I'll have to use JB Weld to hold some of the screws tight unless I come up with something else.

I got the idea for the hook latches from someone here who used the brass version of a similiar hook latch.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 04:56:12 AM »

Brian,
   We attached our brass door hooks using GOOP. Goop is a clear adhesive sold in a "toothpaste type" tube at all the big box home supply stores. It has held up well.  When we installed the hooks, we kept them in place overnight while the Goop dried by using duct tape.  We had tried double faced foam tape before the Goop, it did not hold up very long.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: