Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 11:17:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Survived the GoFast Games...and saw some sweet coaches too!  (Read 1034 times)
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2007, 07:55:46 PM »

As I promised Cat a few weeks ago, if I survived the 2007 Royal Gorge GoFast Games, I would post some pics.

Here are the first pics released from this years Games on the Mexico GF site. http://www.gofastsports.com/~mexico1/zonadeportiva/games2007.htm

I parked for 5 days up in the bus lot, had a great view of the whole park, and got to see/hear all the new tour coaches coming & going, and marvel at those sweet sounding engines.
The crazy, gorge air tour helo pilot would also buzz the parking lot I was in about every 15 minutes with a load of terrified/thrilled passengers aboard.

The GoFast chopper was on display there, as well as the guy that flies the GoFast Jet Pack. He did a 30 second flight on Saturday afternoon from the Sky Coaster platform, and a pic of that flight is on the top row of GFG pics.

I only bought one day of jumping, and decided to make it Sunday. Due to a jumper wall strike and the resulting injury/rescue that burned up an hour and a half, I was the next to last person to jump from the aerial tram before the event was called off due to dangerous winds.
My friend "The Pick" and I did a two way jump out of the tram, and I hope to have the pics or video of that jump in the next few days.

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 03:10:09 PM »

Jay sent some pictures of him jumping. I stole them from her.
I thought I'd post them and let Jay explain about them.

Dallas
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 03:18:37 PM »

Another one:
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 05:48:02 PM »

Wow!  Thanks for the links and the pictures!  It sure does look like a great time.  I'm glad you were able to actually jump before the whole thing was called off.  AWESOME
TomCat

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 07:40:33 PM »

Thanks for getting those pics posted for me Dallas. I haven't had much luck getting them to load properly.

The two pics you posted for me are the first batch of around 4000 that Colorado photographer Chris Bazil is releasing later this week.
I'm in the gold jumpsuit on the left, and the first pic was taken about .25 of a second after stepping out the tram door, then the next pic is about .50 seconds out the tram door. My friend cued off of me deploying first after around 2 seconds of delay, then he deployed his canopy as he saw my container unload.
We both landed on the RR tracks 1000' below, in spite of the wind being quite unfriendly to jumping at that time. If I could only get one jump this year, that one from the tram did nicely!

Now that I've had my fun for a while, if I can just get my ProHeat X45 mounted/plumbed before the snow starts falling...and a bi-fold door built for my shelter building, perhaps this winter in Colorado will be tolerable.  Smiley

Jay
87 SaftLiner

Dallas

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 07:48:02 PM »

No Problem Tom.

If you change the pictures you have from .bmp to .jpg they will be a smaller file size and fit on the upload option.

I so have one question,

Why would anyone want to willingly leave a perfectly good tram? Especially while it's hanging out in the middle of nowhere?

I did leave a acceptably good airplane a couple of times in the service, but then I was young and was more afraid of the DI and the Jump Master than I was of making peanut Butter and Jelly when I hit the ground!

Dallas
TomCat

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »

I so have one question,

Why would anyone want to willingly leave a perfectly good tram? Especially while it's hanging out in the middle of nowhere?

Dallas

Well, the door was open!  Cheesy

Jay
87 SaftLiner

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 01:01:51 AM »

I so have one question,

Dallas

Well, the door was open!  Cheesy

Jay
87 SaftLiner

Ya know Dallas, that reminds me of what I asked/told my cousin who was trying to get me to skydive with him (he was an instructor)! I said "you must be absolutely out of yer mind if you think I'm gonna jump out of a perfectly good airplane!" Well his reply was "you obviously ain't seen the planes we use yet!" LOL! Needless to say yes I did go out to the "jump park" with him one day, and needless to say I did a more thorough inspection of the plane than the pilot (who showed up 1/2 hr late) did. When the pilot pulled up, he jumped from his jeep that was still chugging to a stop as he shut it off and bailed out while it was still rolling in gear. Yelling "yeah, yeah I know I'm late give me a minute to check things out and we'll be ready to go, ya'll go ahead and load up!" I watched as he walked up kicked the wheel chocks outta the way(on that side), pulled the dipstick, looked at it, stuck it back in, walked around the otherside kicked the chocks outta the way twisted the fuel cap of stared down in the tank, mumbled something about "someone remind me to go by the airport and fuel up after yer all out". Then he jumped in started it up, and started yelling "come on everybody get in we ain't got enough fuel to stand around here think'n about it all day!" Ah to make a long story short I never did go up in that, or any other plane with that pilot!
So Dallas what makes you sure it was a perfectly good tram? Wasn't it in Mexico? And don't we know a little bit about Mexican maintenance policies from our trucking experiences? LOL? "Not me baby, you'd probably have a better chance getting me in the plane with the goony pilot! LOL!"

And lastly good answer JAY! (survey says ? oops they forgot to take a survey! LOL!) Great pics, and I must say better you than me! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: