Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 15, 2014, 05:57:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Non-Rally at The Cove, October 12 thru 14th  (Read 38340 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: October 06, 2007, 04:58:18 AM »

I think I can get that bread too  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
captain ron

« Reply #106 on: October 06, 2007, 06:40:15 AM »

I'd get the bread but I just don't have the dough  Grin  I don't even have the bread to get the biscuits  Sad
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2007, 07:44:51 AM »

I'd get the bread but I just don't have the dough  Grin  I don't even have the bread to get the biscuits  Sad                   

Now you guys see why he's broke, and having trouble finding gigs! LOL! Man 10,000 comedians outta work an this guy try'n to be one! LOL!
But on the other hand he's a good cook, & an awesome cabinet maker! Also I'd be willing to bet if ya'll get the oversized bread he might even show ya's how to make camp fire pies!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2007, 09:57:26 AM »

I just got a case of sweet potato fries. . . Yum, yum!  Grin  Grin

Anyone have a turkey fryer with a basket to cook 'em in?  Huh  Roll Eyes

I'd rather not have to buy one just yet. . .  Wink

Need some oil to cook 'em in too - The good stuff, not that used Delo 40wt that BK uses  Grin  Grin
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 10:32:27 AM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2007, 09:59:10 AM »

Yeah I got one! Bring 'm on over and we'll fry 'm up! But ya got bring something good to! (I don't eat/like sweet tators) Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2007, 11:10:17 AM »

Need some oil to cook 'em in too - The good stuff, not that used Delo 40wt that BK uses  Grin  Grin

I have one sitting in the middle bay with the fryer basket........Yummmmmmmmm!   Tongue

I will have a full bottle of propane too and some peanut oil...

Cliff

« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 11:13:22 AM by FloridaCliff » Logged

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2007, 01:23:55 PM »

See I tell ya I just don't know how/where these NASTY rumors get started! I We don't use that NASTY Delo! Ask anyone that was here at our rally! We popped the top on a brand new drum of RotellaT 40W while they was here! (but only because we didn't plan ahead and order a barrel of Exxon XD-3 in advance and our distributor wanted to sell us 11 ~ 5 gallon pails instead, since he didn't have a barrel on hand!)

Grin  BK  Grin

PS Cliff I tried running the 60 series on that peanut oil but after 50 miles it was like water and really nasty! So I went bact to RotellaT 15W40! LOL!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2007, 02:59:00 PM »

Cliff, I have asked Bob to give Patrick and Kelsey a hug from me. Please make sure he doesn't forget.  I sure hate I won't get to see them...and you and Julie of course.  I did forget to ask Bob to pet Rosie for me so maybe you can do that.  I hope you guys have a great time, be sure to take the kids bikes, and have a safe trip also.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2007, 12:32:43 PM »

Cliff, I have asked Bob to give Patrick and Kelsey a hug from me. Please make sure he doesn't forget.  I sure hate I won't get to see them...and you and Julie of course.  I did forget to ask Bob to pet Rosie for me so maybe you can do that.  I hope you guys have a great time, be sure to take the kids bikes, and have a safe trip also.  Cat

Thanks Cat

Don't worry about BOB forgetting, he only uses that age thing when its to his advantage....... Grin   Cheesy   Wink

We look forward to seeing you both again sometime soon.

Hopefully sooner than later!

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2007, 12:53:17 PM »

Another note about Palmetto Cove Campground.

It is staffed by volunteers ( - no paid staff answering the phone)   Undecided

They DO NOT accept reservations!
We have the blessing of the board of directors, BUT, it was not planned early enough to be added to all of the schedules. So if you call asking about "the bus rally" or the "non rally" they may not know anything about it. It doesn't matter what some misinformed individual answering the phone says.

(A friend called & the person that answered the phone told him there was no rally & some other BS  Huh )

They have a laundry room, so bring your soap & quarters if you need to use it  Grin

They have some 50A sites & the rest are 30A. It is usually first come - first served for site selection. Since there are 2 other rallys there this weekend, they may try to park the different attendees according rally group.

Some bus nuts are getting there on Wednesday. I'll drive mom & dad (& his broken ribs) up in their motor home on Thursday night & drag the silver bullet up Friday morning.

captain ron

« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2007, 03:31:39 PM »

Are we all going to be in a group or just spread out? do they have a section for us? I need 30 amp for the bus but 50 for the dryer so if it's only one or the other I need 30 amp. Looks like I'll be there Thursday evening.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2007, 06:37:01 PM »

They usually let you pick the site from what is available when you get there.

Sorry I don't have better answers, but I'm new at rally planning Grin  That & the fact that The Cove is not like regular campgrounds. We'll just experience it & make notes for future improvements

I'm wanting to dispel some misconceptions that some of the regulars of The Cove (just a few, but they can be mouthy  Shocked ) have concerning 'bus people'. If we're successful, we'll have a much easier time with future rallys there.  Grin

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2007, 06:45:19 PM »

Hi Kyle,

You will surely have the biggest Non-Rally ever....lol

Have a great time!  and try and keep from breaking anymore records for the most posts to a thread on the bbs.. Grin Grin

Wishing I were there..
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2007, 07:06:53 PM »

Just put her in gear & come on!

Records are made to be broken  Cheesy

I guess that if I knew what I was doing, there wouldn't be so many questions LOL  Grin

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2007, 07:54:50 PM »

Kyle, looks like Jerry Campbell is going to make the trip too!  Jerry's got one of those w-i-d-e buses.   Amazing the difference 6 inches makes!   Cry
I agree with what Nick sez, your gonna have the biggest NON-Rally on the East Coast!
Regarding the power boxes, I only need 30A, someone else can have the 50A boxes.   The weather looks (I know, shouldn't talk about this) about perfect!  Won't even need the AC during the day.  May want a little heat at night! I'm bringing my bum-warmer!  Wink 
Mid 70s during the day...mostly dark and coolish at night.   
BTW, has anyone priced 'maters lately???   Shocked  $hi....nevermind.   Roll Eyes
I got condimentes for the 'burgers covered and also bought 28 hot dogs.  If we need'em, we got'em.  ALSO bought some honeybuns for Cliff's young'uns!  That oughta wire'em!  A sugar fix is good!
Not really sure what "jams and jellies" actually describes, but true to my redneck behaviour, we got grape jelly, and strawberry jam...Huh  Big jars too!  Wink  Oughta take care of a veggins sweet needs...if the horneybuns don't!   Maybe save some of NCBob's sausage....for me.  I love sausage and pancakes!  YUM YUM What time is brunch? 
Later, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: