Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 09:18:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Non-Rally at The Cove, October 12 thru 14th  (Read 41311 times)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2007, 04:34:15 AM »

Jr & Kyle,
I will be coming with my keyboard this time and not my Karaoke system.  I am having terrible back problems again, but caused by lack of medicine and will explain.  I will have help loading up my equipment in my S&S but I will need help to remove when we get there at the cove.  I will have a PA system with me and a couple of Mic's for anyone to use.  As Kyle has said we will have to work around the schedule of the airstreamers but I have no doubt they will enjoy being entertained by us all.  We can do it perhaps in the daytime etc. or anytime but we will get something hopefully where we can all jam etc. 

I have been practicing for two weeks now on keyboard, as I previously stated on another post as I have not used my keyboard in 5 years now, well since I bought the Rustless Money Pit.  I will do my best to do many Merle and Hank SR songs in the BLUES style.  I am really looking forward to us all having a good time, the size of this rally will sure grow in the next two years to bounds not imagined.  I Promise you kyle!!  No doubt the boys from up in Delaware will all caravan down here one day real soon and many more from other areas also will join us at Kyle's Rallies. All you guys coming now and the excitement expressed in these threads has just got to get a true bus nut wanting to get involved if they are within a decent travel range for their budget.

Those of you traveling long distances, (Fred & Carolyn & Cliff & Julie & Family, Captain Ron & Dad) and those I do not know of your travel distance, travel safe, slow and come hungry for food and song.  We will look forward to the travel caravans arriving at the cove for Kyle's annual fall "Non-Bus Rally".

Gary

Gary
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2007, 05:24:28 AM »

Sounds like between Ron and Gary we'll have plenty of evening entertainment...so I'll get the banjo player down for the afternoon and we'll plan on an outdoor (preferred) picking session Sat afternoon.  Won't be too cool to enjoy the great outdoors during the day! 
I have no problem with entertaining the Airstreamers, or working around them for a warm place to pick Sat nite...or any other nite! Wink 
It'll be up to Ron and Gary for Thursday and Friday...Anita, John and Greg will be down on Saturday afternoon....Anita and John are now living in Brevard. 
Gary, you'll get plenty of help with your equipment...back problems are a bummer~!  Sad
See you, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2007, 11:26:24 AM »

Well; we are starting to pack up (in a few minutes) my ole NJT 9-B and get her headed towards THE COVE Wednesday morn! I am rounding up all the stuff I aint gonna need on my coach ,and share it with yall!I am trying to find Kyle,and Jack a 50 lb bag of PD4501 GM Scenicruiser,8v-71 Detroit Diesel smoke(to make up for not showin the last time)I Wanted some 4-53 smoke ,but its on back order.Kyle, I will have that memorbilia,with me as well, so look us up when you get thar! JUS remember to drive safely,and keep a song in yer HEART!!!HAPPY TRAILS!!!!***----------------[Bill & Phyllis

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2007, 12:09:55 PM »

I might have to call in sick for the rest of the week. LOL

I have a portable wheel scale, is anyone interested in a side to side weight on their coach?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2007, 04:44:17 PM »

I have a portable wheel scale, is anyone interested in a side to side weight on their coach?

At last!!  the REAL reason Kyle wanted to have a Rally!!!!!!! Cheesy Wink

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2007, 04:48:19 PM »

Oh yeah,  if anybody would like to rid themselves of a 24V 160 amp(or more) alternator and or a small diesel engine, i might be interested.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
captain ron

« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2007, 05:41:51 PM »

I'm looking for a 200 amp 12 v alt.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2007, 07:43:18 PM »

I might have to call in sick for the rest of the week. LOL

One could establish the total weight of the bus by weighing all the wheels?  That's a question. 
Could get all wheel weights and then one would know where the next case of beer..ummm malt beverage should be stashed!  'course, then you gotta factor in the 'shift' in weight related to the blackwater tank.  Would that be considered a "Yellow Shift"...you know. Like "Red Shift" and "Blue Shift"??  Einstein?   And then there's a lateral shift related to freshwater relocation.... Sorry.  I digress.  Roll Eyes
Are these scales 'drive on?  Like DOT uses to lighten truckers pockets?  That'll get you legal in a hurry.
I'd like to make an appointment for the scales on Thursday, 12 noon.  Since your taking off the rest of the week.  Calling in sick eh?  Cannot hire good engineers anymore...especially bus owning engineers!   Wink 
Don't worry about Thursday Kyle.   If you have'em, I might want to see what the lateral weights are on Sunday when I get ready to go.   Don't bring the scales for me...don't want to put you to that much effort unless someone else wishes to weigh their bus.
Reckon it'll be me an Bill entertaining those Airstreamers on Thursday.. Bill and Phyllis gets the job on Wednesday!  Who's coming on Thursday? 
BTW, in the unlikely event anyone has not seen the weather forecast, bring your snowsuit!  Low in lower to mid 40s.   Be sure the heater's working!  Highs will be upper 60s to low 70s.  It was 93* here today...gawd!~
The big Lowes Motor Speedway race is this weekend and the local worrying class are worried about all those cheapo campers having enough heat.  They won't be running around nekkid in the infield this year!  Probably not...?  Shocked
Bus is sitting out beside the home...all washed up and ready to go!  PARTY TIME!!   Grin
BTW II, anyone know what the park accepts for payment?  Credit cards, checks, cash? 
Bill, call me when you figure that out...I'm gonna park next to you  We have identical buses and all that!   Cheesy

JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2007, 08:40:38 PM »

Mom asked what beverages we were having with the meals. Oops! I forgot that since I usually drink water. So bring your favorite beverage for meals.

A side note (not that any of us drink the fruit of the vine or what have you), the park rules strongly encourage 'drinking' to be limited to your site. Not in the buildings. & please be as discrete as practical.
If this rally is like the others I've been to - the above comes naturally.  Smiley

I know they have taken cash & my personal check, but I'm not sure about the credit card, I haven't tried that since mine stays at it's limit LOL

I'll bring the scale & run-up block. It's an old dot scale. I don't know how accurate it is, but it should be good for the side to side check for balance.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 08:42:44 PM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Kirby-4104-FL

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2007, 07:12:17 AM »

Well, seems like we are the first ones to get here.  Nice place.  Because there are two other groups who have booked their rallies for the same weekend, they will putting the buses in unused spaces between Airstreams that are parked for storage (quiet neighbors, LOL).  There is a large meeting hall with cooking facilities, tables, chairs, etc. which we'd guess is "Palmetto Hall".  There is also a large covered pavilion (pole barn type structure) with picnic tables.  Attached to the pavilion at one end is an enclosed game room/social room, but we don't know if the use of that is restricted.  The Airstreamers have built nice facilities here and it's clear that they take good care of it.

To answer one of DML's questions, there is a Men's room and a Ladies' room accessible from the outside of the game room, at the end of the building.  No showers, but very clean toilets and sink in each room. 

They take only cash and checks, no credit cards.

The grocery store (an IGA in Marietta) is about a 25 minute drive, one way.  The larger grocery store (Ingles) is 3 or 4 miles beyond that, in Traveler's Rest.  At the Ingles, diesel fuel is available -- yesterday's posted price was $2.79 IIRC.

Kirby & Linda
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2007, 07:27:40 AM »

Kyle, regarding Credit Cards...I believe when I was checking in last time there was a sign that said they DO NOT accept Credit Cards.  FWIW.

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
captain ron

« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2007, 07:28:28 AM »

What are you using a access the internet there?
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2007, 07:55:37 AM »

What are you using a access the internet there?

There is a land line you can use in the lounge. I think there is a time limit on how long you can use it tho.  Sad

It is unusual for cell phones to work there. Jack Conrad was able to use Paula's cell phone to access the internet once when he was there.

Kirby-4104-FL

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2007, 09:33:28 AM »

Just to clarify our earlier post about the facilities here.  Spoke to a gentleman cutting the grass and he indicated none of the buildings or the pavilion could be used by the bus group as they are reserved for the Airstreamers group, but if they invite us to use them it would be okay.  I suppose it will sort itself out one way or the other, and gathering under awnings is just fine too.

Our cell phones say they have a signal (on Roam) but they don't always work well -- static issues.  For Internet, I'm using a Sprint air card which is also on Roam at this location.  Slow, and not good for opening or sending attachments, but it works.  Not sure what the roaming charges will be but we're not looking forward to the ultimate billing.

Linda

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2007, 10:24:59 AM »

As Kyle has stated many times... the bus group is welcome to use any facilities as long as the airstreamers are not using them at the time.  The people working there are volunteers and know nothing at all about the bus group or any arrangements that have been made by the airstream board.

Cingular phones do not work at the park at all, neither do most cell phones.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: