Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 04:02:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Non-Rally at The Cove, October 12 thru 14th  (Read 39791 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 06:32:18 PM »

Menu change - Friday night will be spaghetti instead of chicken & dumplins

The reason is my mom said so.  That & she is making enough for us all  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 07:23:12 PM »

Well I guess that took care of THAT! Grin
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 07:57:20 PM »

All looks great!  I've somehow missed this new thread, but we'll contribute....to whatever you need.  I'll have to get my spousal component to sort the food thing out.   I'll pick from the list on the first post?  Or, if you have any unmet needs, let me know.  We are still planning on coming down on Thurs afternoon.  I got nothing going on and T's off Thursday and Friday.  Lucky T!  We can assist with any setup or whatever may need attending too.
Put us down for two adults.  Or at least one adult.  Terri will be the representing adult. I'll be there too! Wink
Kyle, reckon the Airstream auction could use a couple Harley hats?  I will donate a couple.  Those things always seem popular. 
See that pancakes and sausage are being served...YUMMMY!  I suppose they couldn't start the breakfast at about 10ish?   Huh That would be sooo nice!   Tongue Grin    Just joking!  I'd starve to death before I'm ready for breakfast at 0830.    I'm a nighty owl.  You'll see.   
You know that last year in Arcadia, Gary, Bill, Ross, and me were the only ones up...@2000 hours.  And we were making TOO MUCH NOISE.    BTW, Gary, bring your guitar, we'll do some of that crying in your Beer  malt-beverage music.   Smiley
Hope the weather's nice...we were up just north of there last weekend with Anita and John (who are planning on coming) and the low was about 49*.  Cool huh Shocked
BTW, is there an indoor place for a small group if the weather does turn off coolish?   We'll pick a little music if it ain't too cold.   May I suggest the Ladies showers?  I find that the sound quality is usually good in that sort of environment. 
May have Greg Tollinger and his banjo lined up for Sat eve if he doesn't find a paying job.  You know how these banjo pickers are...hard to corral.  Now if any of our busnuts plays the bango...bring it on..and anything else.  We'll have a jam!
We don't care how may Airstreamers wish to join...no problem at all.  We all did a party job in Brevard, NC last weekend...just had a large time!  That was about 30 miles north of Palmetto CG. 
Kyle, if you need any specific help, call me  704-650-0235
Warning Gary, we are doing Chimney Rock again this year...same time same place.  You didn't sing last year?Huh You will this year!  BRING YOUR GUITAR!  The shindig is on Oct 19,20th.  Wynona will be there looking for you!   Grin

Best, JR and Terri

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 08:25:38 PM »

Hey JR,
There are a few Harley riders in the Airstream bunch, & probably some wishIstillcoulds Grin

There is a lounge that can handle ~20 people easily & there is Palmetto Hall that will accomodate as many as will be there, so we should be able to accomodate the weather  Grin
Sad to report there ain't no ladies showers Sad   I suppose we could construct some 'Les Nesman' (WKRP) style, might have to be carefull who we let use them tho . . .  Shocked

Wish my social security checks were started, then I'd be able to be there first. But, as it is, Uncle Sam wants me to work another 20 years.  Cry    So I'll see ya on Friday morning  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Dreamscape

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 03:12:31 AM »

Kyle,

Good Luck with your Non Rally!

Sounds like lots of fun.

Hopefully we can make it sometime down the road. Like Gary has told me, it will get bigger and bigger. Although I think the smaller rallies are more fun for all.

Enjoy and don't forget to post some pics.  Wink

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
jackhartjr

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 05:05:20 AM »

Now let's see; I own a;
Moutain dulcimer.
Fiddle, (The difference in a fiddle and violin is that a violin plays classical music.) Grin
A trumpet.
A hand piano.
An electric Lap Steel guitar.
A round neck dobro.
A square neck dobro.
A flute.
And a couple of other ones too.
Which do I bring?
Jack
PS, Oh I left out one tiny little tidbit of information; I can't play a single one of them!

Jack Hart, CDS
8V71 Detroit
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2007, 08:48:49 PM »

Now let's see; I own a;
Moutain dulcimer.
Fiddle, (The difference in a fiddle and violin is that a violin plays classical music.) Grin
A trumpet.
A hand piano.
An electric Lap Steel guitar.
A round neck dobro.
A square neck dobro.
A flute.
And a couple of other ones too.
Which do I bring?
Jack
PS, Oh I left out one tiny little tidbit of information; I can't play a single one of them!

Jack, this is bluegrass...skill ain't got nothing to do with it.  Bring all those instruments!   We judge "quality" of our music by who'll stand and play the longest...and maybe the loudest!    Wink
BTW, what's a "hand piano"? 
See ya, JR

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 08:50:24 PM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
jackhartjr

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 03:28:03 AM »

JR, I should have said 'thumb' piano.  It can be a gourd or nice piece of would hollowed out with a top and usually sound holes in the side.  It has between 7 and up to 21 little bars on topp that you strike with your thumb to make the music.  Kind of pretty when played well.  Not to loud though.
DId I meantion that I sung a special once in chuch...they didn't EVER ask me to sing again.....................

Jack Hart, CDS
8V71 Detroit
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 09:19:27 AM »

Sounds like a 'tater flute...with keys.   Gary may want a little "steel" backup.   Gary's our resident country music vocalist.
Later, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 02:00:17 PM »

Kyle, Jackie will make some scalloped potatoes, some brownies (for the kids), strawberry delight dessert and her world famous Rum Cake, of which none of the BusNuts has yet to partake.   She makes a side dish of Rum sauce for a garnish....so if you spot it...be among the first because in a bunch of alcoholics it doesn't last long!  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

But then there are no 12 step people in our group are there?

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 03:10:48 PM »

Oh, yes we did Bob.  She brought the cake to T'ville and I think it was gone before she sat down after uncovering it.  I heard lots of braggin' on that cake.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to the table in time to have any (woe is me) but everyone said it was yummy.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 06:52:05 PM »

But then there are no 12 step people in our group are there?
 Bob

OH Yeah.  I'm a 12 step dude.   About 12 steps is all distance I get...from the cooler.  After a while, it's 12 steps from the pottie.  Sorry...TMI.    Grin Grin
BTW, what's SMORES??  Huh   

JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2007, 08:01:05 PM »

JR 

Graham crackers with roasted marshmellows topped with a chocolate bar

They are so good, you gotta to have smore (some more).   Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Good stuff!

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2007, 08:12:20 PM »

JR 

Graham crackers with roasted marshmellows topped with a chocolate bar

They are so good, you gotta to have smore (some more).   Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Good stuff!

All topped with Rum Sauce?   Grin
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
gene lewis

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 10:16:26 PM »

Kyle,
I have been trying to arrange affairs so we would be able to join U at your Non-Rally at the Cove.  As of a phone call this afternoon everything has gone on hold at least till the middle of Oct.

I know everyone will have a grand old time.  We did in Timmonsville and we will do it again.

Enjoying the journey in NC,
Gene
05 Eagle

Work like you don't need the money; Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching.
What a journey in NC.
Gene - 05 Eagle

I-95 at Dunn, 12 miles W. on US 421. Some tools and know-how. Coffee on-we'll talk buses. Bus troubles can & will assist as far as cable-toe will permit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: