Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 09:32:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Non-Rally at The Cove, October 12 thru 14th  (Read 36649 times)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2007, 04:07:52 PM »

We'll miss you and Miss Lazy Richard...but we're gonna miss Fred and Carolyn Hobe too.  They can't make it either. Ah well, there'll be another in the spring, the Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise......

Got a call from JR Lynch...he and Terry are already there.  Hope he has the beer on ice...... Wink

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2007, 04:31:45 PM »

Got a call from JR Lynch...he and Terry are already there.  Hope he has the beer on ice...... Wink

Bob
Bob, if JR is there, the beer is there and it is cold.  You know that without asking!  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2007, 05:13:26 PM »

Now, for those of you unable to attend...here's a link to the Weather Channel for the weather this week end at Palmetto Cove:

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/29635?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

I know this is almost mean....but i couldn't resist!

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2007, 05:38:11 PM »

Down to 39 here tonight. Brrrrrr. Cold. Took the great grand kids to the Black Walnut Festival and the Carnival and they had a great time but they got cold too.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2007, 08:09:16 PM »

I found a bunch of skewers, no need to bring any!
Thanks!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2007, 03:24:03 PM »

Has Captn Ron I mean Charlie Davidson made it in safely yet? Been wondering if all is ok, after his little stuck brake incicdent after leaving our place!  And I'm in Lynchburg, VA! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2007, 04:43:06 PM »

If you called Ron and couldn't get through, he probably made it.  It is almost impossible to get cell phone reception at Palmetto Cove.  I guess no word is a good thing in this case. 

Kirby-4104-FL

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2007, 08:07:41 PM »

Yes, he made it here safely. 
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2007, 09:16:46 PM »

Hey all,

Captain Ron & his dad &  tiny doberman made it!, there is quite the showing,  awesome Flexible with a cummings in the back.  MC9 with a Series 50.

Gary doing some singing

Had spagetti, Charles brought som Bar-b-Q and an auction tonight

Didn't Count, but there is roughly 20-25 buses there i guess.

Lots of lurkers who don't post much, some people who never heard of this board, some regulars.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Linda-4104-FL

Night Coach

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2007, 07:41:13 AM »

Kyle reports there were 20 buses and 3 S&S on site for breakfast this morning, and that the park powers are no longer restless and nervous about our group.  We are behaving ourselves!  We shared a spaghetti dinner last night with the Airstream rally group and they are invited to join our group for supper tonight.  Gary is out there taking pictures, so you'll all get to see stuff eventually.

Linda
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2007, 07:47:39 AM »

That's right, make us feel even more green with envy.  We sure wanted to be there this time.  Seriously, we are really glad things are going well for everyone and that the airstreamers realized that busnuts aren't so bad.  Have fun for us!  Cat

Dreamscape

« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2007, 04:30:30 PM »

Good to hear of your success!

Have lots of fun and enjoy!

Paul
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: October 14, 2007, 03:07:08 PM »

Just got home from my first Non-rally! Actually from my first bus gathering at all!  Grin  Had a great time and met some of the nicest folks, Busnuts and Airstreamers. It was nice to see all the buses and to finally meet some of the folks who post here. Wish I had the time to attend more of these get togethers. Everyone was more that willing to show their coaches and I gave lots of tours of the Eagle. Can't wait until I get the chance to attend again.

Hey Ned!! Was that you that passed my house about 5:30PM today blowing the horn?

Tom Hamrick

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: October 14, 2007, 05:39:51 PM »

That's right, make us feel even more green with envy.  We sure wanted to be there this time.  Seriously, we are really glad things are going well for everyone and that the airstreamers realized that busnuts aren't so bad.  Have fun for us!  Cat

Cat, feel GREEN!  Very green!  You missed an exceptional NON-Rally!   Grin
And, yes, the adult beverages were cold!  But I left with more than half of what I brought!  Very unusual!  And yep, Ron and his dad arrived on Friday...
We had to be on good behaviour for the Airstreamers...so we can do this thing again!
The campground is nice...very clean.  The only problem I saw was these shiny looking airplane like things sitting around.  People actually lived in them...something called an "Airstream"?   Now if we could lose those things...add a few buses...the campground would be perfect!   
Gary has lots of pix...he'll get them up soon. 
Anyone that wants to party ought to park next to Cliff and Julie!  Grin
Weather was about perfect, food was the best thanks to a lot of busnuts, but special thanks to
Dave Lang, NCBob, Jack Hart, Cliff, and Kyle...and a lot of others!   Cliff and Kyle did a lot of early morning cooking, and Dave, Jack, and Bob supplied (and cooked) some of the best sausage and chicken!   The attendees didn't really need to bring anything to eat...it was funny to watch...everyone running around with empty plates...running towards the barbeeQ grill or the Palmetto Cove Fine Dining Hall where the food was a'waiting!   The food was great!   A really pleasant weekend!  Busnuts are a friendly lot!  Smiley
Hope Kyle manages to get the Airstreamers to let us visit again!   
BTW, Cat, we missed ya'll!  You would'a enjoyed this'un!  Think of it as T'ville West!
Another thing, Christy is out in MO promoting and hosting the NJT Roundup....bummer...all the NJTs were at Kyle's this weekend!  Well...there were 3.   Wink Breck's 87 '9 is coming along nicely, and it will be a super coach when completed.   
There's a lot more...bus ran great, we left about 11A today and arrived home about 2:30P.  Stopped and filled the bus up at the truckstop...I-26/11.  Had fuel for $2.79...here in Charlotte it's $2.95.  It would only hold 75 gallons.  Not bad at all...that's two trips (almost) out of that 75 gallons of fuel!
Cheers, JR and Terri

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: October 14, 2007, 05:53:36 PM »

HOLY COW!, What a NonRally!!!

We came, we saw, we conquered the fears!  Cool

Everyone was so impressed with our coaches that they were begging us to come back ANYTIME!

It took me ~3 hours to leave because of all the Airstreamers & Cove members stoping by to thank me for having our gathering there.  Grin
(The Cove President said we were welcome to have as many events there as we wanted to, with the only condition being that the units had to meet RVIA & FMCA specifications. All they could say that meant was that they had to have a bed, shower, sink, toilet & holding tanks. Same as before, so we're all good!)

All I heard was good things. No one seemed to be lacking in fun or good time.  Cool

The shared meals were GREAT.

I'm suffering some from CRS, so I can't remember all I need to thank individually, but everyone there knows who you are.  Grin
The breakfast feast of pancakes, sausage, biscuts & gravy started the days off well.  Grin
The smoker grill was the ticket for lunch.
The master grill chefs used it to perfection.
The fried sweet potato fries disappeared as fast as they appeared.
The same for the grilled sausage, Yum, Yum!

The way EVERYONE pitched in was great!
The laid back pace made fun easy to find.
The entertainment was priceless.

We are booked for the first weekend in October 2008. Early arrivals can start showing up Sunday, Sept. 28th. The main dates are Friday, Oct 3rd thru Sunday, Oct 5th.

So, for those that couldn't make this one, you will have another chance.  Grin

The plan will be the same, I'll post a tentative menu & update it as busnuts pick & choose what they want to bring.

This Non Rally was a success because of who was there, NOT the instigator. I really didn't feel I was doing much since everyone was so helpfull.

THANKS Y'ALL
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 01:44:02 PM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: