Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 05:33:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Non-Rally at The Cove, October 12 thru 14th  (Read 39722 times)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2007, 09:00:47 AM »

Kyle, I hope you had a great birthday...spent with other nuts. er...busnuts.

Ok, everyone else...lets have some details.  I know we will have Gary's story in picture form when he gets a little rest and has time to get them all uploaded and captioned.  Thank goodness for his hard work and patience at doing this. 

Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2007, 01:59:45 PM »

It would be great for the attendees to chime in with their comments. Let me know what you liked & what needs work.

If you don't want your input public, send me a note off board. There will be more non rallys at The Cove & I'm wanting to improve so I can 'bump my gums' more (if that is possible  Grin )

Still grinning from the weekend  . . . . . .  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2007, 02:10:59 PM »

And a fine time was had by all who attended.  The kids were all great and had a fine time. The adults probably ate a bit too much but with all the great food provided...what the heck...who wouldn't.

Gary and Charley Davidson were joined by many of the Nuts and, of course, ol' stalwart JR was therewith the finest bass around. Terry joined in with her mandolin as well.

Music, libation, fantastic food and a spirit of overall volunteering made for another perfect week end.

Man! We gotta do this again, and again, and again.  Look out Jack!

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2007, 02:12:31 PM »

Dang, The rallies over, we are home, it just went too fast.

Our family had a great time.

First, Ye Ole 4905 ran great,  1105 miles round trip.  Only hiccup was my 3-4 shifter fork jumped off the rod once just before we got
there...A little persuasion and we arrived fine....Added a washer on the shifter and she drove home smoother than a babies rear.

The rally was a lot of fun..I was sandwiched between NCBob, Jackie and Charley Davidson(CaptRon) and his Dad...

Ron has a cool little dog (sporty) who climbs out on the drivers panel when Ron has it up, thru the toll window.
Since it was on our door side we saw Sporty a lot....By the way...Ron's Dad could not have been nicer...A true country gentleman..

Bob and Jackie's was the place to get a cold one mid day...Bob had plenty of seats out and we helped fill the 20 gallon can he had.
Anyone who brings a 20 gallon garbage can is ready for a party!  Jackie made up a fresh pot of coffee for the Guy Gang while we BS'd in the cold on Sunday am...If you missed Jackie's Rum cake and sauce...Well there's a reason to live until next year...

We had some really good food, and everyone pitched in to help in one way or another...Many thanks to all the cooks, side dish providers, dessert makers, and those who generously provided various items for our consumption and to use in the preparation.

The part of the rally I always enjoy most is meeting people from the board for the first time.   And this was a smorgasbord for me.  So as not to leave anyone out, I will just say it was my pleasure to meet all of YOU.  You were all better looking and nicer than I thought you would be!  LOL Grin

The music provided buy all the talented artists and Busnuts was just super...JR and his gang of pickers put on a musical treat.  I will say that if you have not heard the "1st time" by Ron, you need too.....Gary showed off his talents on the organ and vocals...OK the re-verb did help...Just kidding Gary...LOL  Wish I could sing!

It really was all about the fellowship and just hanging out with your friends and new found friends.  It seemed sometimes like we ate, talked, ate, talked, music, ate...the days were over and gone before we knew what happened...

I really enjoyed the tours of the coaches and everyone I met.

We did gather a few of the "I am not going to sleep club" hanging out by our coach in the cold evening, we had cold drinks and sat by my burner for my frier to keep us warm, it was just fun.

By the way, if you have kids, ours had a blast, the kids played until they passed out.  We shot/launched 2 liter bottles up with Kyles(aka-Big Kid) launcher, made ice cream, played in the creek, rode bikes, skate boards, shuffle board and the crafty candy spiders by Nancy...

Last but not least, our Host and Wagonmaster(as he was heard too be called) Kyle.  This Guy walked the tight rope of keeping everything going, the politics of dealing with the some of the Coves members with this unknown Busnuts thing(in the end they LOVED us and WANT us back) and just everything that goes on behind the scene to make something like this happen....Before, during and after...

THANKS KYLE   Cool   OK enough of resting on your laurels,   Start planning next year....

Cliff

« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 02:16:53 PM by FloridaCliff » Logged

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
ake1994

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2007, 04:37:40 PM »

Hello all,

When I started reading the boards 3 years ago and started this bus project, I never imagined I would meet such a wonderful group of people. This was the maiden voyage for my MC-9. I don't know a lot about Rallies, err Non-Rallies, but I don't think we could have picked a better one for our first. I was blown away when at least six people met us as we pulled in, shook my hand and helped me get backed into my site. We would have been sleeping sideways if it hadn't been for the wood blocks Kyle provided to us.

I have never felt so connected so quickly. But I guess everyone there shared a similar love, buses. It was really good to swap stories with people who you knew really appreciated what you were talking about. They had been there and in my case done that much more than I.

The camp ground and facilities were very nice. If you didn't make the walk down to the river you missed something really nice. We walked on the rocks and my daughter's ferret even went for a swim.

I know all of the kids had a great time. My daughter and I made our first bottle rocket out of two two liters bottles. That thing flew at least a hundred yards. After three flights it's nose was a little crushed and Alison didn't want to fly it anymore. She wanted to save it and take it home as a souvenir! Thanks Kyle for providing this activity for the kids. Also a special thanks to the gentleman that was helping us launch the rockets, I know I never got your name right, but you made Alison feel very welcome. I am terrible with names, Kyle what was his name?

The food was oustanding! I brought my Dad down with us, and I have never seen him eat like that at home! He really enjoyed the trip and meeting everyone. Thanks Tom for providing him with early Morning coffee. He really enjoyed talking with you.

I feel like we took a lot more away from this rally than we contributed. But I was consumed with getting the bus on the road for the first time and even getting there. I am really looking forward to contributing more next year. I know it was everyone contributing in some way or another that made this such a wonderful event.

Kyle......ya done good Grin!

There is no way I could individually list all of the great people we met and all the things we enjoyed, but thanks to everyone for making us feel so welcome.

Look forward to meeting everyone again somewhere down the road.

Breck, Cathy, Alison & Shy
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2007, 05:39:16 PM »

. . . Also a special thanks to the gentleman that was helping us launch the rockets, I know I never got your name right, but you made Alison feel very welcome. I am terrible with names, Kyle what was his name?
That would be Vern Little. (He came with his brother Dulmas (sp?) who was the one who came to the rescue & the pasta cooked faster, excelled at pancake turning, & running the bids up at the benefit auction Smiley
(If not for Dulmas, we'd probably still be waiting on the pasta due to my oversight in preparation  Shocked )

I feel like we took a lot more away from this rally than we contributed. But I was consumed with getting the bus on the road for the first time and even getting there.
Don't sell yoursef short. You & yours added much to the fun & fellowship. Your dad is welcome back anytime, anywhere Smiley

I am really looking forward to contributing more next year.
You've messed up now, you put it in writing so we can hold you to it.  Grin

I know it was everyone contributing in some way or another that made this such a wonderful event.
So right you are!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
captain ron

« Reply #186 on: October 15, 2007, 08:07:54 PM »

This was the most fun I had in my bus with my cloths on  Grin. Looking forward to doing it again. My dad has been threatening to go with me somewhere in my bus and hang out with me for a few years, finally made that happen. It was a fun and relaxing time and meeting some of the nicest people. I'm sure some had their reservations about me but hopefully they were put to bed. I got some great ideas there and got to see some magnificent buses there (the flex was a busnut's wet dream). I seen some old friends again and met some new one but it was great to see all of you. I was able to rid my bays of some junkI mean treasures (sinks, windows) and replace that valuable realestate with more junk a profile sander, heat gun, turkey cooker, 2 new batteries from cliff and a flashlight I forgot to return (oops) I'm at Gary Lombard's house now and will probably leave hear Wed. night or Thur. morning headed North, South or west, not sure yet.

P.S. If you own a bike you need to bring it and ride Caesars"s Head, It's a blast.

Thanks everybody for Putting up withentertaining my dad.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: October 15, 2007, 08:33:31 PM »

Cliff..thanks for the heat!  I owe you some bucks for the propane you used on Sat night's personal chat session!   The "heater" was another excellent idea from "Cliff and family!"   Busnuts are a creative lot!   Wink
I'm expecting to see a 5 foot art deco heat reflecting gizmo on that cooker next spring!   Grin
And your bus is taller than mine.  I concede!  Wink
Regarding the bottle "rockets."  You know, I was wondering how a 2 litre bottle got jammed in my sat dish?   Roll Eyes
In addition to Ron's dad (Ron also), there were at least 3 dual generations at the rally...Breck brought his dad, Kyle's dad was there too (the one-armed bandito?  Wink)  They were all really friendly and a pleasure to visit with! 
Glad to see that our long-distance folk returned home safely!

All bummed out, JR    (bummed because the PARTY's over!)

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Charles in SC

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: October 15, 2007, 08:42:20 PM »

Charley, I had a great time at the non rally as well. I enjoyed your music friday night and wish I was a good enough banjo player to keep up with you and JR. Music is not my strong point but I keep trying. As to motorcycle rideing I live only 50 miles from there and have seen most of the roads around the Cove. There are some great rides there! Do you have a website or something with your schedule on it? I might catch up with you sometime.

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: October 15, 2007, 09:06:49 PM »

Charley, Dianne got to spend some time with your dad and said it was just a wonderful time.
We like everone else are just in awe of the whole weekend!
Dianne said she was shocked when we got ready to do the chicken the ladies came out of the woodwork and helped out!
Louis (Or Lewis) you are a trooper buddy, came over and was stripping that chicken off the skewers like you had done it before!
Again, the weekend was GREAT!
Dianne called me yesterday and said she made the trip through the woods to our "DEAD" bus and was looking at it and visualizing where "HER" kitcen was going, etc.  To that I owe all you fine folks that gave us the tours.
Dave and Carol, Mike Middaugh had some kind words about you two and your beauty!  Got me thinkin' Starliner...........
Great folks, great food and a great time...let's do it again soon!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2007, 12:13:27 PM »

What a combination of ingredients!Yes this is truly Gods country(as we anticipated) ! There were sunshiny skys,lots of GREAT food, a GOOD WARM WELCOME from folks we had never saw before, lots of good Music,Good ,and I MEAN GOOOD water, Clear Mountain Streams, the overwhelming sounds of the Children having GOOOD times,And  a lot of useful information,and FELLOWSHIP shared together. I am very seriously thinking of putting KYLE down for the next PRESIDENT!!!!!
Bill & Phyllis

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2007, 12:38:16 PM »

I thought you said he did a good job...why punish him by making him president?

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2007, 02:14:16 PM »

Kat;
 I have to do something to keep Kyles mind off of those Scenics. As the ole saying goes a diesel mind is a terrible thing to waste. I wish yall couldva been thar!
Bill & Phyllis

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
gene lewis

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2007, 12:23:51 PM »

Man I feel bad -- knew I would though. 
There are some things that we have no control over and that is where i found myself during your Non-Rally.  Your ears should have been burning because I was thinking and asking my wife the ??  Cheesy 'wondering  what Kyle, Gary, JR, NCBob and many others are doing now'.
Gary taking pictures, picking & singing; Jr picking and grinning; NCBob keeping something going.  Good to see my friend Tom Hamrick there and enjoying the non rally as well and i am certain that there are others that were there that we don't know as well.  So glad everything went well.
Looking forward to seeing Gary's pictures - That will be a real treat.

Have been toying with the possibilities of having one in the spring somewhere along the southern part of I-95 here in NC. Just a ways north of Timmonsville.  JR and I have talked about it a little.  Have got some sites to check out and go from there.    Hate we lost that site -- that was an enjoyable event.

Enjoying the journey in NC,
Gene   05 Eagle

Work like you don't need the money; Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody is watching.
What a journey in NC.
Gene - 05 Eagle

I-95 at Dunn, 12 miles W. on US 421. Some tools and know-how. Coffee on-we'll talk buses. Bus troubles – can & will assist as far as cable-toe will permit.
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2007, 06:02:49 PM »

Since nobody has posted photos, here goes...if I am smart enough to do it!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: