Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 11:42:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Non-Rally at The Cove, October 12 thru 14th  (Read 39632 times)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2007, 08:01:26 PM »

Oct 3-7th.  Got too expensive to operate vendors booth at Myrtle Beach.   I'm not going, several  friends are.   Leaving Wed this week. 
Just joking about the HD "infringement"....I didn't realize your real name was Charley.  I'm sure they'll accept that.   And settle.  Out of court.  Maybe!    Wink
See ya, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
captain ron

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2007, 08:15:13 PM »

I ain't skeered
captain ron

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2007, 08:49:04 PM »

Just out of curousity who all is coming to this non-rally?
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2007, 06:50:56 PM »

Hey Ron,
I'd just scan thru the posts on this thread to see most of who is gonna be there.  I'm guessing ~20 buses + a few s&s. I immagine there will be several busnuts that haven't signed up droping in too.  Grin

For those wanting to know what else is needed -
I'll do some chipering & post what else is needed this weekend.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2007, 07:46:47 PM »

Just out of curousity who all is coming to this non-rally?

I'm coming.   Serviced the bus today.  It even started right up. A good sign.
August and September has been a little slack this year.  Nothing really worth doing.  Too hot and to dry. 
Kyle, the food needs thing would help.  T is asking me what we are gonna bring...about every day.  I already said I'd bring some cheap beer liquid consumables...she didn't care for that idea at all.  I'll still do it!  T is the consumate organizer...she wants to get everything done up and a ribbon tied around it.  Amazing we've stayed together.  I'm the consumate "run what'cha got"...who needs plans?   Smiley
From the looks of the posts, a good many buses will be there. 
A sampling of bus owners that will be present:
Huggy Bear,  "Uncle Ned" and Wilma
Kyle
Jon "NewBee"
John and Anita Bishop (musicians, Anita is a great female vocalist)
Breck 
Bill Haga
Gary L   (a vocalist, and a good sound man! Dude has his own recording studio!)
Cliff     "FloridaCliff"
Bob      "NCBob" and Jackie
Tom Hamrick
Jack Hart   the "speedies" guy.  Gotta try that!
Me
This is about 10 buses that are about guarunteed to be there...more will probably  arrive. This is from the posts off this list only.  About the same group that came to the T'ville rally...with a couple of exceptions.  Gene Lewis was planning on coming down, but a family member is ill and the family has gathered there.  Thinking about him and his family.  Gene was the chef at the last T'ville rally and did a fine job! 
Let the rallying begin!  Grin
There are a good many bus owners in the area.  Bill is going to be over on Wednesday...I'll be there on Thursday...middle of the day. 
Hope to do a little picking on Fri and Sat evening.   
JR

« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 07:49:15 PM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2007, 07:58:29 PM »

Hey Kyle, you recon they'd be ok with the porta fire pit?

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Charles in SC

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2007, 08:23:19 PM »

Hey Kyle, I just wanted to confirm that I am going to be there probably just friday night. One bus, two people. I am going to bring some bbq or something to contribute to the eats. I will also gladly make a donation to the kitty to help with your expenses.
Charles

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
captain ron

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2007, 10:09:29 PM »

I'm blowing off 2 gig offers to come so it better be fun and some good jammin. I haven't got a total confirmation from my dad but I'm sure he will come also.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2007, 05:06:40 AM »

I'm blowing off 2 gig offers to come so it better be fun and some good jammin. I haven't got a total confirmation from my dad but I'm sure he will come also.

With this crowd, how could it not be fun?  Cool  Grin

As for the fire pits - I don't know. The shelter has a fireplace in it. And I think Ron's will be no different than a charcoal grill. As long as we don't leave a mess . . . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Kirby-4104-FL

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2007, 04:29:26 PM »

Kyle, our earlier reply (way earlier) was kind of vague, so we're confirming that we expect to be there.

Kirby & Linda
4104 - "Night Coach"
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2007, 05:38:27 PM »

I asked my parents about the fire pit thinggy. (Mom & Dad have been members of The Cove for many years) They have never had campsite fires in the past. Mom would rather us not push the issue just yet as some may still be a little nervous about "those bus people".

In the future, we will figure something out, but for now it will be best if we play it softly by their rules.

FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2007, 06:03:27 PM »

the fire pit thinggy.  They have never had campsite fires in the past.  some may still be a little nervous about "those bus people".

Thats Just Great!

Now where are we going to burn our sacrifices to the Bus gods?  Grin

I guess NCBob, JR and others will have to try to raise some other spirits!   Shocked

I can vouch for JR at the 1st Timmonsville, we gave it a Yeomans try, courtesy of Meinhart.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
captain ron

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2007, 07:01:07 PM »

I'll have mine with me so I guess we can ask when we get there. I'm either going to have my dad drive or see if Bob can bring him over so I don't have to go out of my way.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2007, 07:05:32 PM »

the fire pit thinggy.  They have never had campsite fires in the past.  some may still be a little nervous about "those bus people".

Thats Just Great!

Now where are we going to burn our sacrifices to the Bus gods?  Grin

I guess NCBob, JR and others will have to try to raise some other spirits!   Shocked

I can vouch for JR at the 1st Timmonsville, we gave it a Yeomans try, courtesy of Meinhart.

Cliff

Yep.  I remember well.  Cliff: down by 9P...Cliff's better half partying with us in the covered area  til 12!  Wink 
Cleaned out Bob's bus pretty good.  Burned thru Meinharts stash pretty good too during the first T'ville.    Cannonball Run BOB, whatcha bringing this year?  Smiley 
Regarding the fire....what about a nice burning man?   Something the Airstreamers could remember eh!   Grin
Ron, we were planning on backing you up.  You're the pro musician...
I'm not real sure that I'd give up a paying gig for our Sat nite jam...the opportunity to put a face on some of the busnuts may well be worth giving up a couple gigs.  How much did you say those gigs pay?   Roll Eyes   
Our music is worth about what you'll pay for it.  Mostly bluegrass (about all that's gonna happen with acoustic instruments), and a little rock.  Probably be 3 of us, but may have a banjo picker...he's a very good banjo picker too!   He's working on coming down from Hendersonville on Sat afternoon.  Anita is a great vocalist.  The rest of us....?? 
Gary, you gonna bring some intruments?   
I play with a working band, but they are not part of this weekend.  As a matter of fact, they are playing with a borrowed bass player on Sat.  Because I'm gonna be at a BUS'N NON-Rally!   Cheesy   How 'bout that....I'm giving up a paid gig too! 
See all ya'll soon!  JR  Cool
BTW Kyle, post what you decide on the food thingy.  Man, I'm glad I'm not in charge of logistics!    I could donate some funds?!  Whatever works. 

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
captain ron

« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2007, 07:12:46 PM »

The 2 gigs would have been $1500 since I was already here. But somethings are more important than money. A good ole jam session will be great. I forgot most of the cover tunes I used to do, been doing the comedy songs only for the past year. They'll come back with your guys's help I'm sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: