Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 11:27:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Non-Rally at The Cove, October 12 thru 14th  (Read 39737 times)
BusCrazyTom

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2007, 03:04:24 AM »

Lookin' good Gary. Congrats to Kyle on another success. Again, wish I could've gotten there.

BusCrazyTom
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: October 19, 2007, 07:57:13 AM »

Kyle,

I see where Phil brought one of his busses.  I hate I messed that!  If you have his email would you send it to me?  He had some connections for some Fishbowl parts.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2007, 10:32:31 AM »

Hey JR, I am planning on buying the new Eagle LED lights. Want me to donate my old ones to your MC9?  Grin  Maybe we could call it a transplant.  I think you have a great looking coach.
Tom Hamrick

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
Dallas

« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2007, 01:49:45 PM »

I'd like to find some way to attach Tom's tail lights onto my MC9.  MC9s were blessed with butt-ugly tail light assemblies.   Cry   
Eagles have always been the best looking (Prevost XL LeMirage close..very close) bus ever built.   They have the "look."
I'll bet Gary will soon be posting pix of everyone's buses.  I know he's working on them as we speak!
Kyle, how many posts do you need to make this thread the "maximus?"
This thing has staying power!  Wink
Marked Oct on my calendar.   One nice thing about T's work...we always have calendars for a couple of years forward!
Later, JR   Cool

Hey JR,

There's a scrap Prevost (Is that an Oxymoron?) near you up in Hickory. Check on eBay. Most of it is jusk, but the tail lights and some other stuff are till good.

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: October 21, 2007, 03:47:59 PM »

Hey JR, I am planning on buying the new Eagle LED lights. Want me to donate my old ones to your MC9?  Grin  Maybe we could call it a transplant.  I think you have a great looking coach.
Tom Hamrick

Consider them "transplanted!"   Ummmm...I'll need the front bumper, headlights, and turn signals too!   Cheesy
Thanks for the compliment Tom...my bus has "curb appeal"...as long as you view if from the curb...it's OK...get much closer and  Tongue    It's a "quick and dirty" conversion that has worked out well for what we use it for....Bluegrass festivals. 
I believe Jack Hart is not too far from you?  After hearing Jack's wife describe their bus, I'd like to drive up there and see it in person....I don't recall seeing a nice Scenic Cruiser in person...never even been close to one as I recall?   So long as rush hour is avoided, Hickory isn't but an hour and a few minutes from us. 
Every time we need some piece of furniture, we're Hickory bound!   Wink

Thanks Dallas, I'll check out that Prevost, but I sure don't need a junker Prevost sitting out here...Unless its a nice XL LeMirage...??  There was a set of Prevost tail lights for sale at Arcadia last year, but there ain't no way the tall box would graft onto an MCI.  The radiator access doors are too low.  Eagle lights may be a possibility since they are individual lights. 
May be in need of a junked MC9 for parts one day...so far I've been very lucky with parts failing.  Subject to change at any time!  Shocked
I would really like to smooth side this thing....just not sure it's really worth the effort.  Decisions decisions! b Until I find a way to repair the windshield leaks, nothing's going to happen.   I may pull the windshields soon and see why they leak.   If the problem is visible. Huh 

JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: October 24, 2007, 06:36:20 PM »

Hi Kyle,  I'm here to HiJack your thread.  Wink
Want to post a heads up for those interested that on May 16 thru 18, 2008,  Gene Lewis and Darrell Passer are hosting a bus rally on the Eastern side of the state. 
The rally will be near Fayetteville (just North of Fayettteville) at Wade, NC.  The KOA campground is immediately off I-95 at Wade.     
They have blocked 25 adjacent spaces for buses.  The sites appear to be large pull-throughs.   There are more sites with 30A and 50A, but they are not blocked for us...they are back-in, and would be available on first come basis.   
Incomplete coaches would not be an issue as this CG offers tent camping and bath facilities.
Here's some data for reservations.   I'll post a proper item on the board, but wanted to get to all the folk that were at Kyle's rally and the ex-T'ville rally. 
For those that don't know Gene, he was the most excellent BarbeeQ chef at the last T'ville Rally...and Dave Lang was Big Chief chef for the first T'ville...MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!  And Dave don't live far from this'n  either!    Grin
The format will be similar to Kyle's successful Non-Bus Rally.   

The campground has a good website: http://www.koa.com/where/nc/33123/
There's a sitemap on their website that shows the campsite layout. 

Here's the info for U to make your reservations:
Fayetteville KOA   ---   I-95 - Exit 61   ---   Wade, NC 28395

Group Rates apply for one (1) day early and (1) day after.
            Water/Electric site (30 amp)  $ 31.00 per day
            Full hook-up site (50 amp)     $ 36.00 per day

Rates are for 2 adults and 2 childern.

Each attendee to make his/her own reservation.  Reservations requirements are one night's deposit on Visa or MC.

This is a done deal, so feel free to sign on tonight!   Cheesy

See ya'll there!  JR  Cool
BTW, better get  reservations, already 3 sites gone!  Shocked

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: