Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 05:24:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Microwave Convection Ovens  (Read 5150 times)
Chuck Newman

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 07:20:15 AM »

Cliff,

An important issue:  How are you going to use your bus?  Weekends only?  Lenghly trips?  Fulltiming?  Do you and/or your partner like to cook on the road?

If you plan on being plugged in to a post or running a generator much of the time, as mentioned above the convection oven will work fine.

We will be full timers and  plan to boondock much of the time.  We have a gen, inverter, and microwave, but for serious lengthly cooking/baking, we opted for a full range with oven.  Quiet and efficient.  Low energy use.  If you wait for certain times of the year, I got my Amana range from a Camping World sale for less than I would pay at and RV Surplus store.

Everyone has different needs and wants.  That's one of the advantages of converting a bus vs buying a commercial rig.  Put those items in it that will suit your
lifestyle.

Chuck Newman

1989 MCI 102A3, Series 50, DDEC III, Allison 740D
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 11:31:45 PM »

I am old fashion, in that I have a three burner stove with oven beneath.  Above the vent is the Sharp microwave that is very fast!  The microwave is the same width as the stove.  On my bus I only have two propane powered appliances-the stove/oven and the furnace.  I like that when using the oven, it can be a silent affair with no generator or fan running.  As to space consumption, the convection is alot larger than the microwave.  With taking the oven out and using a cook top with the much larger convection oven, I'd bet that the size difference between the stove top and convection compared to the stove/oven with microwave would be very close.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: