Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 04:15:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: winegard movin view sat.  (Read 759 times)
Busnut83

Ignore
« on: September 20, 2007, 11:25:39 AM »

I would like pro or con comments about this sat.... I plan to purchase one this week... I am hopeing to install it myself... camping world advises me not too... also I checked with 2 other stores that never recommended a 110 power converter for the 12v.... Camping World said this was needed for the warrenty.... can I just use a 12v line???  Thanks
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 02:21:42 PM »

Go to the winegard website and see if you can find the installation manual in their downloads. This will give you a chance to see what is involved in installing the antenna. You can also check the warranty terms to see what, if anything, will void the warranty.   
   I installed one on a 102A3 about 1 year ago. Not difficult at all. Remove cover, attach antenna to roof, set switches for front/rear orientation and Direct TV/Dish. Replace cover. Run wires into the coach and connect to receiver and 12 volt.  We did not use a 120 to 12 converter. (Maybe we should have, we did not read the warranty).  One thing you need to check is other obstructions on the roof (Ac's, vents, etc.) there is a chart in the manual that shows the distance the antenna has to have for clearance. The taller the obstruction, the further the antenna has to be from it.   Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Busnut83

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 05:02:52 PM »

Thanks,,, this is why I like this board !!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: