Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 09:31:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on man crushed by bus  (Read 2364 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« on: September 27, 2007, 04:57:19 PM »

I am pasting this from I@n's BNO BB.  Hope this is OK I@n.  Looks like the son will be posting soemthing on the BBs

Hi folks,

Lowell Stewart is the name of the deceased. His handle here was "Preacher". Although he was an avid reader of the web site, he never left a message. I couldn't find him in the MAK profiles.

His son phoned me today and has registered with this bbs. I just approved him now, so please expect to hear from him here very soon, as he has written out something he wishes to share with us all.

To you, Jerry, my heartfelt condolences at the passing of your father. Thank you for joining us here. You are amongst friends.

Best wishes.

Ian
www.busnut.com

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
captain ron

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 09:53:24 AM »

Very Sad indeed and my condolences. I met preacher a few years back when I had my 4905. We met near Valdosta with another bus nut. My heart really dropped when I read his name in the last post.
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 02:43:13 PM »

I can't believe you couldn't let the man rest in peace you had to post his name and handle on here.

Come on grow up there will be enough troubles for this family and what their going through give thought to removing his name.

Larry Higuera
aka LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 02:51:35 PM »

Larry,
   I copied this from Ian's BB.  Ian had talked to his son and I am sure Ian discussed whether his name should be printed before doing so.  I am sure there are many on here that knew or had met him (such as Capn Ron) who would like to know that this happened to him. Some may even want to send condolences. Without his name they would not know that he was the one this terrible tragedy happened to.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 03:53:57 PM »

I do not see any distaste with posting his name here.  Names of the deceased appear in print and online all of the time in news stories and obituaries.  As far as message boards go many here get to know fellow members some in person and some only by a screename.  Many wish to send along their sympathies and condolences, nothing more.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 05:26:32 PM »

I can't believe you couldn't let the man rest in peace you had to post his name and handle on here.

Come on grow up there will be enough troubles for this family and what their going through give thought to removing his name.

Larry Higuera
aka LarryH

Larry, why on earth would our knowing his name cause trouble for his family?  Isn't it better to pray for a specific person and their family rather than praying "God, bless what's his names' family"?  No one here will be saying or doing anything to hurt them.  We all are just interested in knowing which of our bus friends has been lost.  I know Ron was glad to know what happened to his friend, rather than to contact the family later and say something that would embarrass him or the family.  No one here is out to hurt the family in any way.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Dreamscape

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 06:53:02 PM »

I consider all of us to be a family, a family of people sharing the same hobby and caring for the people we share this hobby with. Even if we have never met most of the folk who post here and elsewhere.

My heart goes out to his family in this terrible time they are having to deal with. Our prayers are with them!

May they find peace.

Paul and Becky
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »

This was just posted on BNO and I copied it to bring it here. I am sure I@N will not object.

Posted on Friday, September 28, 2007 - 10:13 pm:      
the family of lowell stewart just wanted to take a minute and thank all of you in the busnut family for your thoughts and prayers for my dad who was tragically killed wednesday september 19th in lake michigan.my dad was avid member of busnut and although he never actually posted anything on the board i am sure he contacted many of you by telephone which was his tool of choice because it was more personal to him that way.my dad was a truck driver,heavy truck mechanic,and heavy equipment operator all his life up to the day of his death and was no stranger to the type of work he was performing on his bus the day of his death it was somehting he had done all of his life.i cant stress enough to all of you how important safety is when your working on these buses it only takes a split second for these terribile accidents to happen and god forbid it would happen to your family as it did ours.we welcome your thoughts and prayers as they will all be needed in the months to come as we continue our journey on earth without our loved one whom we will all greatly miss.lowell was a husband, dad,and grandpa of 5 grandchildren.i am enclosing mine along with my brothers e-mail addresses and feel free to email either of us directly with your thoughts,prayers,questions,as and we would certainly love to hear from each and every one of you.we are going to be selling my dads- bus,spare engines,transmissions,and a lot of spare parts if anyone is interested please feel free to contact us at the following e-mail addresses.... jerry stewart- onesweetdeuce@yahoo.com or steve stewart- jds787@yahoo.com and again may god bless all of you and your families.....thank you... the stewart family....

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 07:26:21 PM »

IN REPLY

Police say the man's family has
asked for his name not to be released.

LarryH let his family do it.

Savvy ponderable:
havin' ta walk,
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
Dreamscape

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 02:01:08 AM »

LarryH,

The previous post submitted by DrivingMissLazy does include his name, it was initially submitted by his family. That post says it all.

DML, Thanks for sharing with us.

Paul
captain ron

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 02:19:58 AM »

Larry Higuera
aka LarryH
Maybe your handle should be AH, (Take it any way you want but I meant it the way it seems) Preacher as I knew him was a very nice guy and would want us to know of his demise. He would call me once or twice a month when I had my GM bus. He even went and looked at my bus to buy it before I did and if he knew me before I bought it would have stopped me. How would you like to call a friend up after not talking to him for a while and ask his widow if you can speak to your friend only to find he had passed several months ago. Your the one that needs to Grow up. Read the post, his son is the one who told who he was. Obviously he WANTED us to know who he was.  Some time the way people show their ignorance on these forums makes me want to quit all of them. I certainly am not glad to find out of his passing but I feel it is something I and we should know. I am not a practicing religous guy but am very sad to hear of this tragedy and wish his surviving family well and Godspeed.
READ things before opening your mouth.
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 04:41:06 AM »

Capt Ron I haven't called any names like you did. That was not posted by his family on this board and it did come on while I was typing my reply READ IT.

Larry H

Savvy ponderable:
havin' ta walk,

Quartzsite,
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 04:44:39 AM »

In defense of Larry, he and I both posted at almost the exact same time last night. When my post went up, Larry's was there also, so I am certain he did not see my post before he posted.
Richard

Talk about coincidence. While I was typing this post, Larry posted his response.

and no more flaming or we will lock the post.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 04:49:26 AM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 06:58:23 AM »

Now that Lowell's  family has spoken I can post again. I had the pleasure of working with Lowell over the last 25+ years and got to visit several times in August while I was in the area for over a month.

Lowell I will miss you for sure buddy why does this happen to all the good guys. My condolences to the family

Larry Higuera

LarryH

Savvy ponderable:
havin' ta walk,

Quartzsite,
captain ron

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 09:00:20 AM »

Larry, I am man enough to admit when I'm wrong and was wrong in calling you names. I was a bit intoxicated at the time.
But if you read the initial post it stated the family ie: his son had released the info for us to share. Although I had only known him a few years he was a friend whom I called upon when I needed info or just to talk on occasion. He would also call  me about once a month. I will also miss him and it put sadness in my heart. We should all learn from the loss of a friend and stay in touch with our friends and love ones as we don't know when their time is coming. Again sorry for the flaming.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: