Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
May 24, 2018, 01:28:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Folding Tray Table like on airlines?  (Read 417 times)
neoneddy

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2018, 01:05:12 PM »

I've been searching for at least a year now with no luck on being able to purchase  a sturdy airline style folding tray table.   Not the simple fold down ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-kSFwb5EJc

I've got 50% of a plan in my head on how to make one out of 3/4" ply and some hinges.   I want to figure out a way to add these to the passenger seat as well as the side of the sofa seats.

This sofa here has something like it http://shop4seats.com/rv-furniture/sofa-beds/de-leon-double-recliner-xp.html   In my experience anything that can be removed will be lost.   And I'm building a custom sofa anyway, hoping to  have the arm rest flip up to pull out the tray.

Anyway, anyone done anything close to this?    All I find when googling for it is pinterest articles on making a tray for eating in bed or a non folding couch tray for the home.

Raising hell in Ham Lake, MN

1982 MCI MC9

6V92 / 4 Speed Auto (HT740?)
 - Current Status - Livable, still 40-30% more to go.  Video Build Log
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 644MT Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 01:32:42 PM »

Here ya go there are a few different ones here. Grin
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/airline-tray

"PATHFINDER"(Bus)
Toed 1998 Jeep TJ
neoneddy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 01:37:38 PM »

My gosh..... I .... I swear I searched everywhere.

I'll look on ebay.. geese I should know better.

Still curious if there is something more commodity like, but maybe I'm looking for a unicorn.   Whatever I get I'd like to be standard  and if one breaks be able to buy more. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SCIMA-AERO-SEAT-Airplane-Airline-In-Armrest-Tray-Table-Only/173083328172?hash=item284c91feac:g:cnsAAOSw5VtaLsv3   Love the build quality here and price is right, but only 2.  Who knows when or if they will come up again.

Raising hell in Ham Lake, MN

1982 MCI MC9

6V92 / 4 Speed Auto (HT740?)
 - Current Status - Livable, still 40-30% more to go.  Video Build Log
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 644MT Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 02:13:02 PM »

Yep you would have to find the maker through an airplane part buyer. These are probably made only for planes and they would be supplied to the Plane maker Boeing, McDonald Douglas etc.
Might also find a Luxury Limo appointer, company that remodels cars for the Limo market may know where you can get one or who make them.

Had another thought, don't know where you are located because you don't have it in your signature at the bottom of your post, but if you live near or are ever in the area in California dessert Hyway 14 off hwy 58 Aero express way is where the holding area for all the big plane companies. They have an area where they used to have parts off planes that might be needed for other ones and they just sit out there until they are bought or fixed up for reuse. A lot of private companies buy parts or even whole planes from there for the companies private Jets. I will bet there is a lot of those out there.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 02:22:45 PM by Dave5Cs » Logged

"PATHFINDER"(Bus)
Toed 1998 Jeep TJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: