Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 01:54:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Photos of The New Silver Eagle Bus "Model 25"  (Read 10968 times)
Dreamscape

« on: October 01, 2007, 07:36:10 PM »

New photos have been added to the Silver Eagle Bus website showing the "Model 25".

Click here http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2932248#158199618

The first bus is sold, the next will be a demo. Several bus orders from the USA and Mexico have been placed. Production is ramping up for these deliveries.

Paul
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 07:45:33 PM »

For some that might be OK, but to me, in my own personal opinion, (And we all know about opinions), That is one ugly bus.

The front side windows kind of look like MCI windows stood on end?

No Eagles were harmed in the making of this bus.
Any resemblance to Eagles past or present is purely coincidence.

I hope someone likes it, I'd like to see the new Eagle corporation make it into full production.

Dallas
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 07:49:31 PM »

wow, really goofy lookin from the front.

Songman

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 07:58:12 PM »

No, I don't like it at all. The old Eagles had style. This is just a big ole box with absolutely no character. From what I got from their website, they also intend to start building model 15s and 20s again. Is that correct?
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 08:27:12 PM »

Damn! Eagles used to have CLASS! But I gotta admit............................
 I'll take 2 of 'm! 1 to $h*t on an 1 to cover it up! Man those are some UGLY BIRDS! ! Sorry NO I ain't, those are just plain butt ugly! JMHO!  Angry  BK  Embarrassed

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 08:28:54 PM »

I hope they can make it. I have a soft spot for the old eagles.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Dreamscape

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 08:33:20 PM »

Songman,

Yes they will be producing the 15 and 20's, do not know the specifics.

I am not totally sold on their design either. Front windows too tall, windows look boxy, front grill and lights could use a change. I do though want them to succeed. I think seeing it in person might change my mind. Pictures never do anything justice, just look at our Eagle!  Wink

I just like the look of the older Eagles I guess.

Just like other buses, that probably will change as time goes on.

BK, thanks for your humble opinion. Grin

Paul

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 08:39:06 PM »

Paul,
I'm sorry opps no I ain't I'm honest, if that hurts well then I guess I am sorry! Only because it hurts, not for being honest! And sometimes my opinion is sorta bold or harsh, but I am honest to a fault! BK

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dreamscape

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 08:42:11 PM »

BK,
I did not feel hurt at all, I thought is was just your stylish sense of humor. Did you now see smily?

You quak me up.

Paul
captain ron

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 10:01:23 PM »

The drivers window sucks, Could use some more radius on the bus overall. But I think with a couple small changes it will be a very nice and popular bus.
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 09:14:28 AM »

Since the Model 25 shown in the link is a conversion or entertainer shell it probably has a taller floor to ceiling height, and a seated bus might have  shorter windows. I noticed that the drive axle is in front of the tag instead of the old way of the drive axle behind the boggie. I wonder what that did to the great Eagle ride. Since that appears to be a 45' bus,  maybe they had to do that to keep the turning radius reasonable. At least that would eliminate the drop box. Is that stainless steel fluted siding or polished aluminum? I sure wish them well on getting Eagle back into production.
Sam 4106

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 01:16:30 PM »

I would surely hate to have to buy a windshield for that thing.>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 01:25:10 PM »

I have to say that the rear of the coach looks like to design of some third grade art student at best. Compare it to a real Eagle or a Prevost and I not consider buying it.
Richard
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 06:58:34 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 02:33:22 PM »

GREAT pictures.  Thank you for the post!  Smiley Smiley
pabusnut

P8M4905A-333 former MK&O lines #731

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 05:43:08 PM »

Hey, I know why the new Eagle is ... well....so, *unattractive*!

They obviously have to many engineers on staff concentrating on "function", and not enough of the dreamy "artists"!!!!

(As an engineer, I am allowed to say that)  And maybe someone who has access to Photoshop could doctor one of the pictures for them to make it look right.  It seems like a little bit smaller front windshield, and a little more angle on the roof, another two headlights, and a big awesome eagle stamped in the stainless below the windshields might fix it up a little.  ...but I'm not an artist Sad

Steve Toomey
pabusnut

Steve Toomey
PAbusnut
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: