Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 06:25:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Photos of The New Silver Eagle Bus "Model 25"  (Read 10906 times)
Dreamscape

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 07:11:55 PM »

The siding on the New Eagle is Stainless, with Aluminum as an option. They went with Stainless because of the modern look, Aluminum had also been requested for the nostalgic look.

Will let you know the interior headroom as soon as I find out.

Paul
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 05:53:08 AM »

Wow, you are are some harsh critiques!!!  Sad
I can't say as that I like it better than my Buffalo, but maaaaaan. It's my feeling he had to start somewhere with something and that to him, that was the best design. Boxy is cheaper. Rolls and body lines cost ALLOT extra. (I am a fabricator.) I may not have a "warm and fuzzy" for it, but I bow before him for taking on such a monumental task. And I remember some saying it couldn't be done and he really isn't doing it, etc.
  I think most new products have their "nay sayers" - which is fine - but is there any encouragement  you can give the guy??

Oh by the way, all the late model cars you drive - boxes and wedges alike - suck. My 1956 Chevy, that I drive everyday, is the best looking car out there and you should bail all of yours because of the eyesore they are. And, if you ever decide to design and build one, that will be ugly too.  Shocked Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 06:19:00 AM »

Oh by the way, all the late model cars you drive - boxes and wedges alike - suck. My 1956 Chevy, that I drive everyday, is the best looking car out there and you should bail all of yours because of the eyesore they are. And, if you ever decide to design and build one, that will be ugly too.  Shocked Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
    Chaz

'Boxy' needn't mean bad - personally I like the look of many very modern 'boxy' designs, especially a lot of the current Euro coaches which are both very boxy and very striking. My friend and I often have arguements about the new Land Rover Discovery - he prefers the older curvy & stylish design, whereas I prefer the bold new 'square' look.

Which isn't to say that curvy old designs like (for example) the Porsche 911 don't blow 95% of current vehicles off the road in styling terms

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Songman

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 09:04:44 AM »

I think we are all pulling for him, Chaz. But we aren't talking about some throw away product. This is something that is going to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and 'fabrications of curves is hard' can't be an excuse when people are putting out that kind of money. I also think there is a responsibility of sorts when you take on a name like Silver Eagle. I suppose you wouldn't want someone to make something that should be a direct descendant of that 56 Chevy of yours and have it look like a new Toyota econobox. There should be some lineage. Remember what they did with the GTO a few years ago that had absolutely no lineage back to the original. That is why it is already cancelled. They had a perfectly good prototype that actually looked like a GTO but chose to use a 15 year old Australian design.

You are right about most cars not having the style of the older cars. That is why I talked my wife into letting me buy her a Chevy HHR. Direct descendant of the 1949 Chevy Suburban. It sits pretty well beside it's big brother too... my 1948 Chevy Fleetline sedan.

cody

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 09:16:41 AM »

As an eagle owner, I'm happy to see the line renewed. I can see a few things I don't care for but as always the product will evolve over time, the designers had to start somewhere and with a completely new concept of a classic bus, they had an uphill battle at the start.  The first thing everyone wants to do is compare it to the eagles we all know, this is normal, what I'm trying to do is to see where they will take it and if they are willing to listen to what people want.  Their first concern should be function and dependability, form will follow as they smooth out the bumps in the production, I'm sure the next couple of years will bring many changes, some we will like, some we won't, the important thing is that they have taken the first step.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 09:33:26 AM »

Wow, you are are some harsh critiques!!!  Sad    Chaz

Chaz, you know how us busnuts are.  We all have our opinions and don't hesitate to voice them.  That's what makes this board so great.   Grin

« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 09:55:05 AM by bubbaqgal » Logged

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
belfert

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 09:51:21 AM »

Aren't the passenger coaches going to be exactly the same on the outside as the older Eagles?  I thought they plan to use the old molds for the passenger models so they don't need to have them crash tested?

Personally, I like the model 25 even though it looks more like a stick and staples than a bus.  Square sides make fabrication of the interior a lot easier.  If I had the money for a new shell, I would likely buy a model 25 over an MCI or Prevost mostly because of the torsion suspension.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 02:21:26 PM »

Aren't the passenger coaches going to be exactly the same on the outside as the older Eagles?  I thought they plan to use the old molds for the passenger models so they don't need to have them crash tested?

Personally, I like the model 25 even though it looks more like a stick and staples than a bus.  Square sides make fabrication of the interior a lot easier.  If I had the money for a new shell, I would likely buy a model 25 over an MCI or Prevost mostly because of the torsion suspension.

NO YOU WOULDN'T ! ~ You'd go right on down into Mexico and buy a new Dina shell! Who you try'n to fool ? ! ? ! ? LOL! I know how much you love your Dina! (and I can come up with phone records to prove it! LOL!)

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 02:36:32 PM »

NO YOU WOULDN'T ! ~ You'd go right on down into Mexico and buy a new Dina shell! Who you try'n to fool ? ! ? ! ? LOL! I know how much you love your Dina! (and I can come up with phone records to prove it! LOL!)

My understanding is Dina is out of business.  If I had the money to buy new I would NEVER buy a Dina anyhow.  I bought the Dina because it was downright cheap for a Series 60.
Moof

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 04:06:03 PM »

Here is a link to a video about the rebirth of the Eagle.

http://www.silvereaglebus.com/video.htm
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 04:36:40 PM »

Cool video ... thks for the link.
Ron
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2007, 04:44:16 PM »

Chaz, you know how us busnuts are.  We all have our opinions and don't hesitate to voice them.  That's what makes this board so great.  

As do i. And that is why i voiced it.

As an eagle owner, I'm happy to see the line renewed. I can see a few things I don't care for but as always the product will evolve over time, the designers had to start somewhere and with a completely new concept of a classic bus, they had an uphill battle at the start.  The first thing everyone wants to do is compare it to the eagles we all know, this is normal, what I'm trying to do is to see where they will take it and if they are willing to listen to what people want.  Their first concern should be function and dependability, form will follow as they smooth out the bumps in the production, I'm sure the next couple of years will bring many changes, some we will like, some we won't, the important thing is that they have taken the first step.

I think you're right on the money, Cody. Ya gotta start somewhere and it won't be with a "Mega-Ultra-Techno-Super Duty-Wonder Coach. Just don't work that way. And like Jeremy said,"some people like the boxy look".
 Personally I like curves (all kinds! Kiss) but I will also give the guy a chance before I harshly critique him. Too much of that out there. Try to find a little good in the product. If nothing else, I commend him on the size of nuggets he has for trying it. If it works for him, I'd like to see him take on the old Buffalo's!!! Now THAT would be a kick in the pants. Or even some of the older cooler curved line bus's. But square is much easier.

Hey Songman, I thought Fleetlines all had slanted backs.  Huh  I'm a big Fleetline fan and can't say as I ever seen anything but.  Check this site out: http://www.carnut.com/photo/list/flist.html
It has every car imaginable and usually LOTS of them. It's how I can see what someone is talking about if I'm not familiar. (just a thought)

Later,
      Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 05:02:46 PM »

thx for the vid link....now if they would spend an hour and proffesionalize the website.

Still think they should have done some market research on the design.

seems the consesus thinks it sucks.....thats prob wy they have more 15 orders
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 05:13:25 PM »

87 model 25 on order and 190 model 15 on order
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2007, 05:15:49 PM »

Moof,
Thanks for the interesting video link on the Eagles and I to wish these guys luck in reaching for their dream.  Not everyone likes the looks of even the older Eagles bus so what, I don't like all the looks of lots of other buses even high end cost one's, but that is our privledge and right to do so.  This is an American Made vehicle, good luck to you guys in Brownsville, TX.  
Gary

Gary
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: