Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 11:57:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Photos of The New Silver Eagle Bus "Model 25"  (Read 11083 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2007, 03:31:26 PM »

bk sorry about the spelling of Setra but my German is not that great and they do have a plant in Mexico City to build transit buses not the real bus you have

bus05eagle,
No harm-no foul! I wasn't aware they were making "fake buses" in Mexico! But then I guess I really am slightly predudiced sorta in a way. I really don't pay much attention to transist's or what/who/where are doing with them. I know I'm a bad busnut to slight them, but I really only keep up with what goes on with "Real Buses" and sometimes not too good at that! Especially considering I never even heard of BCI until the other night when "Tekebird" mentioned them here!
Grin  BK  Grin

By the way Doug, it is awful dangerous that we think so much alike! LOL!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dallas

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2007, 03:36:21 PM »

bk sorry about the spelling of Setra but my German is not that great and they do have a plant in Mexico City to build transit buses not the real bus you have

bus05eagle,
No harm-no foul! I wasn't aware they were making "fake buses" in Mexico! But then I guess I really am slightly predudiced sorta in a way. I really don't pay much attention to transist's or what/who/where are doing with them. I know I'm a bad busnut to slight them, but I really only keep up with what goes on with "Real Buses" and sometimes not too good at that! Especially considering I never even heard of BCI until the other night when "Tekebird" mentioned them here!
Grin  BK  Grin

By the way Doug, it is awful dangerous that we think so much alike! LOL!

I have to vouch for BK on that... He doesn't consider our GMC V-Drives "Real" buses! We'll have to have a real showing at the Spring Rally of GMC coaches!

Come One, Come All to The Semi Annual Busted Knuckle Garage/KY Lakeside Travel/ Goin' Home Transport Rally III
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2007, 03:48:46 PM »

I'd email and ask Craig but since it took him 2 months to answer my last inquiry I figure he is too busy.

Generally thats what companies do though...re into the proven product. two years wasted in my book not to mention the money spent on the 25 thus far.....all with Zero return to date.

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2007, 04:31:20 PM »

Quote from: Dallas
I have to vouch for BK on that... He doesn't consider our GMC V-Drives "Real" buses! We'll have to have a real showing at the Spring Rally of GMC coaches!

Come One, Come All to The Semi Annual Busted Knuckle Garage/KY Lakeside Travel/ Goin' Home Transport Rally III

Now thar ya go put'n words in my mouth again & start'n those nasty rumors! I never said that! As a matter of fact up til you got here, I hadn't had much experience at all withthem except a couple of roadside service calls on them! (That would be thanks to Tommy @ Logan Truck & Tractor Repair tell'n 'm when they call "you gotta broke down what? Oh a BUS, oh in that case you need to call Busted Knuckle Garage @ 885-7460 he's the only one around here dumb enough to fool with buses!")
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dreamscape

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2007, 04:31:51 PM »

tekebird,

I don't understand something. If you have not talked to Craig in person, visited the factory in Brownsville Tx, not seen the 25 in person, don't have the proper knowledge regarding the new factory. Why are you always so negative? Constructive criticism is one thing but this is kind of destructive criticism. I just don't get it.
As someone once said on previous posts regarding Eagles, that's why not much is posted. Too much flaming and negativity. I guess I'm trying to turn that around. Not having much luck am I. That's sad.

Paul
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2007, 04:55:25 PM »

Paul,

I have posted much more negative in the past, I am just curious.

I have talked to Craig in Person almost two years ago know......wasn't too impressed from that  conversation.

Have had several emaill communications with him...none of which were returned any sooner than 2 weeks.

They publicy state stuff in magazine interviews which IMHO could not be true timeline wise....only to be proven correct?

They seem to not follow any logical business plan?

They do not advertise?  No trade magizines ( Bus Ride, Bus Word, Tour Operator, FMCA)

They have not showed up to a trade show.

Their Website is lower quality than what a 6th grader can produce now days

They have hardly any info on the coach in their website.

They are very secretive about photos of the bus and it's production ( no interior photos) have roll out photos of a bus stating it is sold many moons ago....but the bus did not have driveline, fuel tank etc.

Claim to have over 200 bus orders but don't say who.  Someone saying they want one is not an order.  Money in hand or a contract is an order.

They have almost 200 orders for the 15 yet they are going to roll out the 25 first?

They are in a big industry Gross sales wise.....but are still operating like the horse buggy builder.  You can operate a Horse buggy plant or build race cars by word of mouth but not a Bus manufactuing company.

The only public news I have seen has been in Local Newspapers in Brownsville ( most of the stated facts there failed to come to fruit), the Bus Ride Article ( most of what was said there didn't come to fruit ( Oh they were supposed to have 500 people working for them by the begining of 2007, not to mention a running bus), and what are on the two busnut boards.

I would hazzard a guess that there is not one member of either board who is going to buy one of these.

Until they produce, product, or real verifiable info.......  Fancy painted rolling chassis does not count as Product

Critic: yes?
Voice of reason?: Perhaps

Harbinger:  We will see.

If they pull it off more power to them.   I do not wish them bad luck.

We will see.

If they were really smart they would have done a technically advanced version of the Kassboher Golden Eagle.
Retro styling is back if you have not noticed....then they would at least have a edge in the market.

BusCrazyTom

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2007, 05:01:21 PM »

Tekebird,

Silly busnot novice here, but I thoroughly agree with a retro copy of the Golden Eagle. Would be too kool!

Tom
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2007, 05:14:28 PM »

Paul,

I have posted much more negative in the past, I am just curious.

I have talked to Craig in Person almost two years ago know......wasn't too impressed from that  conversation.

Have had several emaill communications with him...none of which were returned any sooner than 2 weeks.

They publicy state stuff in magazine interviews which IMHO could not be true timeline wise....only to be proven correct?

They seem to not follow any logical business plan?

They do not advertise?  No trade magizines ( Bus Ride, Bus Word, Tour Operator, FMCA)

They have not showed up to a trade show.

Their Website is lower quality than what a 6th grader can produce now days

They have hardly any info on the coach in their website.

They are very secretive about photos of the bus and it's production ( no interior photos) have roll out photos of a bus stating it is sold many moons ago....but the bus did not have driveline, fuel tank etc.

Claim to have over 200 bus orders but don't say who.  Someone saying they want one is not an order.  Money in hand or a contract is an order.

They have almost 200 orders for the 15 yet they are going to roll out the 25 first?

They are in a big industry Gross sales wise.....but are still operating like the horse buggy builder.  You can operate a Horse buggy plant or build race cars by word of mouth but not a Bus manufactuing company.

The only public news I have seen has been in Local Newspapers in Brownsville ( most of the stated facts there failed to come to fruit), the Bus Ride Article ( most of what was said there didn't come to fruit ( Oh they were supposed to have 500 people working for them by the begining of 2007, not to mention a running bus), and what are on the two busnut boards.

I would hazzard a guess that there is not one member of either board who is going to buy one of these.

Until they produce, product, or real verifiable info.......  Fancy painted rolling chassis does not count as Product

Critic: yes?
Voice of reason?: Perhaps

Harbinger:  We will see.

If they pull it off more power to them.   I do not wish them bad luck.

We will see.

If they were really smart they would have done a technically advanced version of the Kassboher Golden Eagle.
Retro styling is back if you have not noticed....then they would at least have a edge in the market.        

I have to say I do agree with Doug on this!

I'll also add that my beloved Setra's are direct decedents of the Kassboher Golden Eagle.
As they are built by Kassboher on an updated design or the Eagle!

AS I have stated several times I love ye old eagles! But they are not doing a good job of bringing them back if ya ask me!
Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion and right or wrong they have the right to defend that opinion!
But it would make more sense to me (and apparently Doug too) to start production of what they have the tooling and orders for (generating $ for engineering the 25!) while engineering  their "brainchild"! 'Cause $ ain't everything, but just try living with out it! JMHO FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Dreamscape

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2007, 05:23:02 PM »

tekebird,

Now that's clarifying your opinions. I do now understand where you're coming from.

Thanks,

Paul
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2007, 05:25:54 PM »

No Problem   Wink

with that said I am happy to discuss the cons of any manufacturer past or present.

Grin Grin
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2007, 05:54:32 PM »

interesting comprison:

Beck who some of you may be old enough to remember...they made Buses and fire Appartus.

When they were at their largest ( Engineering Department wise) they had two engineers.  This is in the mid 50's when Gm et al had buidlings of engineers developing the Scenicruiser and 4104.

In Fact the Back Deck and a Half ( 35 foot scencruiser looking bus,) actually was released prior to the Scenicruiser.  Industrial espiange of old.  " Hey GM as building this thing"....." Oh Yeah!...lets beat them to it"  by a year IIRC.

Beck ended up being bought by Mack Trucks.
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2007, 06:04:48 PM »

beck dh 1000
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2007, 06:06:12 PM »

and for those who don't know what the Kassbohrer Eagles looked like
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2007, 06:31:57 PM »

if someone wants to resize it I can email them photos of the eagle model 45 prototype.

from Eagle International

raised roof and Euro Cap as they called it
Dreamscape

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2007, 06:45:53 PM »

Sure tekebird,

Address in profile.

Thanks,

Paul
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: