Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 18, 2014, 09:22:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Sams success story,  (Read 804 times)
Casper4104

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2006, 06:08:58 AM »

Good Sams success story,

I bought my 4104 back in March, and the shakedown run was 1000 miles bringing her home from Florida.  Now the bus was inspected and looked good/ready to roll, but I’m crazy – not stupid (this is 48 year old equipment we’re talking about here) so I went ahead and joined Good Sams.

Brought the bus home with no problems and I’ve been having a ball with it since.  Bussin’ is fun.

My 17 year old daughter drives my Ford Explorer to school.  Now she’s a good kid, but a little scatterbrained sometimes.  I had 2 keys to the Ford.  She lost one, so I gave her mine with instructions to hit Wallyworld and get a new key cut ASAP.  ASAP is like tomorrow or the mythic “Round-Tuit”, so of course it never came.

This morning she came back into the house with an unhappy look.  She had locked the (only) key in the truck the night before.  Here’s what happened next.

07:45 - I called Good Sams,,, “Please hold”
07:47 – Sams operator picks up, takes info.
07:53 – Local auto service calls house with a few questions.
08:10 – Local auto service truck parks in my driveway.
08:20 – Local auto service guy is done and gone, my Ford is open for business.
08:27 – Good Sams operator calls back, “Is everything Ok? Do you need anything else”.

Now that’s just cool.  I haven’t needed them for a bus problem, and hope I never do, but I was really happy with what happened this morning. Grin

Casper4104

If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?
NCbob

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 06:48:48 AM »

Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together?  Wink   Instead of Knocking  the Good Sam's let's give 'em a cheer for this one!  Grin

NCbob
phil4501

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 08:00:30 AM »

I have AAA plus and did not have a similar experience. I think I will add Good Sams to my existing coverage
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: