Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 04:23:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how do I bleed h2o ststem?  (Read 659 times)
ttomas

Ignore
« on: October 03, 2007, 02:43:29 PM »

I got the block heater today. After I install it, how do I properly bleed the air out of the water system?  Thanks  Tomas
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 05:10:40 PM »

Fill up the system with coolant.  Look between the two thermostat housings at the crossover pipe and you'll see a bleeder valve.  Open the valve and allow air to escape.   Fire it up, circulate the water and check it again.  Be sure solid water comes out.
Not sure what bus you have, but any hoses or fittings that are in high places and loop back down can be bled by loosening hose clamps.  I wouldn't loosen hose clamps on a hot engine...hose may pop off.   If you drained the whole coach, be sure to bleed the heater cores.  They usually have bleeders on the top of the cores. 
An MCI will self bleed the radiators.   Be sure and recheck the water levels when finished. 
Low water may shut you down on the the proverbial railroad tracks.  Be sure to check for leaks where you removed the plate.   
Constant torque clamps are preferred for trouble free winter operation. 
Sorry, but I cannot advise of any special procedures that may be necessary for Eagle, Prevost, or GM.
Best, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: