Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 19, 2014, 07:44:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: does my bus need to be inspected?  (Read 2497 times)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 12:10:22 PM »

Brian,

When were you here? If I would have known we could had done lunch or something. Dennis (Hi Yo Silver) might have been able to come along also. Next time look us up.

Laryn

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 12:44:14 PM »

Brian,

When were you here?
If I would have known we could had done lunch or something. Dennis (Hi Yo Silver) might have been able to come along also. Next time look us up.

Laryn

Long time ago, back when the DINA Saga began! LOL!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
belfert

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 12:48:07 PM »

This was back in April of '06.  I haven't been any further east than BK's place since then.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 02:54:18 PM »

Brian, we do things the easy way here in NC with as little government control as possible.  I know you folks from the big northern states have a problem with anything that doesn't cost a lot of money...but here it's just to make sure the lights and signals are operating properly, wipers and horn.  That's it.

As it is, these inspections are nothing more than an undercover tax which goes over like a pork chop at a Bar Mitzvahs with us laid back folks.

Our state gives the owner or operator the credit for having good sense about putting a vehicle on the road with less than complete working brakes or running gear...the penalties for which are astronomical.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
belfert

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 05:43:24 PM »

I live in Minnesota and we don't have any vehicle inspections at all.  Just pay your yearly tab fee and you're good to go.  We did have emissions testing for about 5 years in the Minneapolis metro area, but that has been gone for a number of years.
ArtGill

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 05:57:26 PM »

A little more on NC.  The inspection must have a building large enough to hold the Vehicle being inspected.  So, this eliminates may of the inspection stations.  Our coaches are old enough that they can't do the emissions test.  If your car is new enough to have the plug to check its computer, the inspection is $35.00.  And if you have current license plates on a car and don't get it inspected they will mail you a fine of $250.00, even you don't have wheels on your car.  The government gotcha's never end.

Art

Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: