Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 02:55:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (i bet) this question has never been asked ???  (Read 4796 times)
scottie

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2007, 06:24:32 AM »

hi everyone
wow didnt expect this much responce.im not too sure i would like the idea of sitting over the top of the ditch ,looking down (and not falling in )  while the front wheels are still on the laneway,that must  be a wierd feeling!!
i guess i wasnt clear re the mail box (which i just cemmented in this summer) i would be comeing in from the other direction....so when im driveing home i would be makeing a right hand turn into the drineway and the mail bow would be on my left.
gee busted knuckle thats real tempting..just how much money are we talking here  Grin lol lol back it in on the first try ...mmm do i get to keep your 45 footer if you dont make it  Grin ..just kidding..
a friend of mine bought me a set of laneway marker,because they had a hard time backing down my laneway at night in a s.u.v. (i will not mention what sex they were )
scottie
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2007, 06:31:06 AM »

Scottie, my bet is that no way are you going to come in from the right and turn into that lane. I seriously doubt if you can even back in, but no way are you going to pull in.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2007, 06:37:17 AM »

gee busted knuckle thats real tempting..just how much money are we talking here  Grin lol lol back it in on the first try ...mmm do i get to keep your 45 footer if you dont make it  Grin ..just kidding..

scottie

Don't ever bet with a pool shark, or in this case, a bus shark.  I've watched Bryce back up and believe me... he CAN do it. 

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2007, 06:46:07 AM »

scottie

Don't ever bet with a pool shark, or in this case, a bus shark.  I've watched Bryce back up and believe me... he CAN do it. 

A lot of difference between pulling in and backing in. That mailbox would definitely, in my opinion, prevent pulling in from the right.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2007, 07:08:17 AM »

Wow, could I ever make some money betting with you.  LOL

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2007, 10:16:34 AM »

man thats an Idea for Arcadia....Conversion Rodeo

Hmmm, I check into this.  One other thing to remember when turning the bus is that you will be sitting in front of the front wheels. You can actually be sitting "off the road" while your front wheels are still on the road when turning.  Jack

Oops, Looks like Newbee & I posted same message at the same time

They say Great Minds think alike. Tongue Grin Cheesy

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
johnjem
http://photobucket.com/johnsgmc4905

1970 gmc 4905

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2007, 11:20:56 AM »

i didnt question that when i got my first bus but now i have the 2nd bus,i have to ? it now

Never stop thinking,it"s what keeps us going till tomorrow
http://photobucket.com/johnsgmc4905
scottie

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2007, 01:57:40 PM »

well,i think the next time i see one of the  long school buses going down my road, i will flag him over and ask him if he thinks he could turn into my driveway .maybe ill leave my car on the road (lol ) just in case Wink
ill keep everyone posted on this,and report back just how easy /hard it was for the school bus driver.
hopefully i will not be posting a picture of a big yellow bus sitting in the ditch blocking my driveway lol
cheers
scottie
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2007, 02:00:57 PM »

Scottie,

Now that I can see the 3rd angle, NO problem.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2007, 02:08:25 PM »

yep I say no problem for or aft.

I would stone the radius of the lane a bit more just to give you some wiggle room
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2007, 03:07:01 PM »

Yep. With the new photo, looks like plenty of room if you swing wide into the left lane.
Richard

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2007, 03:52:23 PM »

ALSO Scottie that a SKOOLIE/TWINKIE is nothing like a real coach, and can go many places you'd better never think of trying to take a coach! FWIW JMHO ! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
scottie

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2007, 06:31:26 PM »

hi busted knuckle
i just wanted to get a rough idea about getting in the laneway,so i thought a school bus would be a good start.
gee i would hate to finnally get a m.c.i. bring it home and have to park it on the road....the township would love that and so would the guy driveing the snow plow  Roll Eyes
scottie
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2007, 08:24:25 PM »

hi busted knuckle
i just wanted to get a rough idea about getting in the laneway,so i thought a school bus would be a good start.
gee i would hate to finnally get a m.c.i. bring it home and have to park it on the road....the township would love that and so would the guy driveing the snow plow  Roll Eyes
scottie               

Not a problem if he's like the guy that drives the snow plow down here (keep in mind we only have 1 for KY, TN & MS LOL that they share), after he hit it hard enough the first time it'd be spring B4 the tow truck would attemp to remove it from the trees! LOL!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2007, 05:40:44 AM »

What's it worth to you if I park this in your driveway for you to take a picture of it sitting there MINUS the load of course???

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: