Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 07:16:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tires and Nitrogen  (Read 3175 times)
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2007, 06:05:47 AM »

Unless your a fleet and putting tons of miles on, its probably not worth it! Now I can vouch that it worked in racing, tires build heat while racing, and I mean lots of heat it wasn't abnormal to see tire temps reaching 200F, now if your using O2 there is a lot of moisture and as the temperature climbs the pressure also climbs, as they climb the tire size or diameter grows also (stagger) as the diameter changes the car setup changes on both dirt and asphalt this makes a huge difference and drastically affects how your car handles!  This at one time was a secret in racing but that was a long time ago.  N2 made the handling predictable!  The way we put N2 in the tires was we also had a pressure relief valve in each wheel, we used this to purge the O2 as we filled them with N2!  Unless you start racing your bus......i'd stick with 02!

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2007, 06:59:07 AM »

OK OK I got an Idea! If everybody here will send me just $10 I'll buy one of those nitrogen generating compressor, an then I can run it in all the buses that come thru our shop and do an indepth study on how it effects all of US! And any of you will be welcome to come by and fill the tires on your buses for free! See I think we gots a winning real life testing solution here!  Cheesy

Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: