Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 06:56:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Up comes the old floor!  (Read 2166 times)
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 04:25:58 PM »

I came home today and decided that I'd try to get the ramp up. Well, no joy, it broke my drill bit and pissed me off so I tried on the right front wood flooring.
I used my angle grinder and just dug in and cut the heads off anything that looked strong enough to hold the wood down. With some work and tons of smoke I got them all ground off. I wonder what I was thinking doing this with the door and front windows closed? I about suffocated myself and thought the neighbors would call the fire on me for lighting my bus on fire.
After some prying I got the wood up, it would have been easier with another guy helping plus I'm still recovering fro ma rotator cuff injury but it came up and then the grimy part.

It wasn't too bad really but this is only part of the bus too. I did find an old pair of glasses in there and some other stuff I couldn't identify without cleaning off all the hair and junk.

Ok, so now a basic course in hvac for this dummy. What are the different lines for? I know the fiberglass ones seem to be the output since they blow the bus full of junk if you turn on the fans but how does the rest of the system work? The tin tray coming from the smaller ones (yellow boxes) and then going over the air beam was rotted. Do I need to replace that and do I need those boxes?
I'm guessing that the rusty strip to the side of the fender is the air beam?

Time factor: about 2 hours
Noise factor: 5
Smoke factor: 9
Gross factor: 7
Materials: 2 cut off disks

Mods: My sincere apologies for the pics if they are too large, too many or wrong location to post.

-Dave

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 04:27:38 PM by Dax » Logged

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: