Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 12:06:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4106 water booster pump wanted  (Read 1296 times)
4106-123

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2007, 12:39:19 PM »

hello i by mistakenly tossed my booster pump when i cleaned out the ac bay and am i need of another one its  a 12 volt bus maybe  someone has used a different pump than the original. by the way how much of the bus will the front drivers heater heat? thanks george
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 01:09:42 PM »

don't really need the booster pump in a 35 foot bus.

In Good condition the driver defrost/heat will heat the front 1/4 to 1/3 providing you have no monster air leaks
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 10:03:50 PM »

I have a 40 ft transit and just the engine (8V-71) water pump has enough power to push the hot water to the front of the bus.  Only use the booster pump when I open up the valve to the big heater.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
maria-n-skip

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 06:40:00 AM »

George,

These people probably have one of the better selections.

http://www.meziere.com/index.php?pgName=Remote

Hope this helps

Skip
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 04:45:19 PM »

Here's another source of pumps for you... http://commerce1.cera.net/tacbusparts/sections/catalog/catalog.asp?cat_id=64

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
4106-123

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 04:54:26 PM »

ive been trying to get all the air out of the lines going to the front defroster and i cant get the anti freeze to come out of the bleed screw. also i was thinking about getting one of those bus type heaters that you can put anywhere and mounting it in the ac bay and piping the hot air  back up through the floor. any thoughts? has any one used theses heaters? i thought maybe adding a webasto later would make a great heat set up for the bus. i took a suburban lp heater out during the refit and can decide if i want to put it back in. thanks for the replys. great forum!
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 05:04:26 PM »

I had to loosen one of the hoses to the heater and slide it back a little to finally bet my heater/defroster bled. After that, no further problem and I did not need the booster pump. The Webasto is a great way to go.
Richard.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 03:38:36 PM »

are the valves in the engine compartment and heater compartment open?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: