Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 06:42:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Profile Updates?  (Read 3160 times)
Songman

« on: October 13, 2007, 07:23:06 PM »

This is an invitation for everyone to update the information in your profiles. A lot of times I look at people's profiles to try to find more information about their buses. In an awful lot of cases, the homepage links that are there come back as errors. You guys have some fantastic looking buses. If you have a new link to a site or pictures of your bus, why not put it on your profile for all of us to see. Thanks.
JimC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 08:04:26 PM »

Along that line, it would be nice if everyone added their home town or state so we could tell where they are from.
Jim

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
rdbishop

'68 MCI-7 892T, 740 Richard & Missy - Texas

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 09:01:13 PM »

why is everyone,or most everyone afraid to put their age?

Richard
johnjem
http://photobucket.com/johnsgmc4905

1970 gmc 4905

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 05:00:42 AM »

i think more people would better there profile,if it was any easyer to post pic!

Never stop thinking,it"s what keeps us going till tomorrow
http://photobucket.com/johnsgmc4905
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 05:51:46 AM »

Judge me by who I am, not by how old I am!   Roll Eyes

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Dreamscape

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 06:00:15 AM »

I think most people don't put personal information in their profile is that they just don't want other people to know.
Otherwise they would. Personally it does not matter to me if people know my age, where I live etc.. It's a matter of personal preference.

Paul
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 06:22:59 AM »

Richard

My age  has been there from day one.  I, for one, am proud of my age.  I love checking to see where people are from and how old or young a bus nut is.  I don't think those age and location are too personal.  I have seen people put their location in a post but it isn't in their profile.  Seems the profile is more private than a post.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Songman

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 07:40:20 AM »

I always list my age as well, but it don't bother me if someone else doesn't want to. But I figure since this is a bus forum people would want to show off their buses. Those tiny little profile avatars don't really do justice to a lot of the fine buses here and I get all excited when I see a link, only to get let down when I get the big 403 page.

Location is helpful a lot of times when someone might want to search you out to invite you to an event, or especially if you are selling something or asking for help. Even if only the state if you don't want to list the town you are from. If people are scared of internet predators, let me tell you, I have been listed on maps for many years that show my exact location and never once has anyone showed up at my door. Even back when I was playing music for a living!  Of course, I am always Songman on forums and you have to know me a little better to know my real name... as a lot of you do! But ya'll are invited to the house anytime anyway!
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 09:47:36 AM »

Hi Songman,
I will update my profile if you or someone else will tell me how to do it. I agree that having your location in your profile would be useful. I have received e-mails through the board but have no idea how that is done either. When my wife originally registered me on this board I guess we didn't think our location was pertinent, now I do. So help me out.
Thanks, Sam 4106

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
bobsw

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 10:19:32 AM »

I just checked my Profile and found out that I am a female, imagine my surprise!!!

73 MCI-7
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 12:12:07 PM »

Hi Songman,
I will update my profile if you or someone else will tell me how to do it. I agree that having your location in your profile would be useful. I have received e-mails through the board but have no idea how that is done either. When my wife originally registered me on this board I guess we didn't think our location was pertinent, now I do. So help me out.
Thanks, Sam 4106

Hi Sam,
The way I did it was to click on the "profile" button at the top of the page, then click on "Forum Profile Information" (under modify profile).  Then, right after "birthdate" there is a box for "Location:".  I put  my home state as Illinois in that box.  Below that, there is an area for signature, in that space I put more location details.  My "signature" is what shows on every post and lists Northern Illinois.  If someone clicks on my profile, they will see what I entered for "Location", in my case, Illinois.

Hope this helps, Phil
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 12:19:19 PM by plyonsMC9 » Logged

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Songman

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 01:57:03 PM »

Hey Sam,

Phil is right on the money. If you click Profile in the menu bar above, you'll see a menu bar on the left side of your page that looks like this:

Each of those selections changes something about your account. It might not be a bad idea to look through them and see what you might want to change.

The one that says Forum Profile Information is the one where you add your location and stuff.

For people that don't have a website to show off their bus, remember that Dallas has his free bus image hosting site. You could upload pictures there and link to your profile there.

http://busphotos.busconversionstuff.com/photo/
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 03:00:38 PM »

I'm not afraid to post my age. I just can't remember what it is!!

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 05:48:10 PM »

I'm kinda' ashamed of mine right now as it's not finished. It still gets a bodyside molding (which I have), the bumpers painted,  Alcoas, and new tires.

The old tires are junk and have white overspray on them.

That said, it doesn't look too bad in that tiny avitar.

When it's finished you'll get to see a bigger pic.

Ed

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
Songman

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 06:24:31 PM »

Boy, I sure hope no one expects to see completed purty buses here. If so, I'm in trouble! The draw for me is seeing the conversion process and the buses in progress.

I'm just as proud as I can be of the Eagle and it surely ain't nothing to look at right now. From the spray paint to cover the letters on the side, to the flat tires on the rear... But here it is in all it's glory.

I don't have an Eagle website yet or I would link it up. I only have two pictures of it so far.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: