Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 17, 2014, 11:01:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Profile Updates?  (Read 3101 times)
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »

Hi Songman - I LOVE those kinds pix - !!!!!

Totally!!  I do not get tired of seeing those kinds of action shots.  Very cool - Please keep 'em coming when you can.  I really am amazed when I see what fellow bus nuts can do with these beasts.  How about a close up of that wheel well!!

Grin  Grin  Grin

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Songman

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 06:52:58 PM »

HA! Amazingly enough, that is me and Don Fairchild inspecting the wheelwell. I handed my 10 year old daughter the camera and told her to just go take pictures to keep her from being bored. This is one of the one she got. I have never actually taken a picture of the bus yet.
Dreamscape

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 07:08:10 PM »

One should never be ashamed of the way his coach looks like. Ours is far from looking pretty, but we love it and knowing someday it will look nice is good enough for us.
We even have primer on the front and rear. Fiberglass (notice it on the front in the picture) on the breastplate and siding that is not so shiny. That's OK, it is ours and nobody owns any part of it, not even a bank.
Be Proud and Be Happy! They all start somewhere, some just have a better start than others.

Paul
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 07:14:19 PM »

Well said Paul.  Heck, I'm even fascinated just looking at the wheels.  Check out my Avatar!!  Whoo hoo.  It's a sickness  Bwah HaHaHa.   Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy  But I'm happy.

Best Regards, Phil

Songman

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 07:18:56 PM »

Phil, I have noticed the text under your avatar... Reminds me of a Merle Haggard song.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 07:27:14 PM »

I don't see what age has to do with anything but I sure would like to see the type of bus posted on profiles. I don't care about the condition, I just want to know what kind so I can know who to ask questions of.

It surprises me how many don't list the bus type. If someone has no bus then list the type he is interested in, might even find one that way.

Location is good too, might even be somebody close by with the same kind of bus!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Songman

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 07:29:58 PM »

I like having the bus and the location in the signature as well so you don't even have to look at the profile to get it.
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 11:03:27 AM »

Good suggestion Songman, I'm putting my bus model in my signature now.  and yes, I think you are correct about the Merle Haggard song.  Also, there was a failed TV show called Movin' On about a couple of truckers travelling across the country in their Truck Tractor. I think they sang "big wheels turning" as part of the intro every week.  Very cool pix of big tires, etc., Lots of convoys.  I also really like that show.  Claude Atkins was one of the two truckers - I think.  Not a very realistic show, but lots of big trucks!!  And wheels.  Yes, lots of wheel pictures.   Grin

Best Regards, Phil

Dallas

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 12:33:49 PM »

Big Wheels a-rollin',
Big Wheels a-rollin', movin' On!
Big Wheels a-rollin', gotta kep 'em goin',
Big Wheels a-rollin', movin' On.

The white line is the life line to the nation.
And men like Will and Sonny make it move.
Livin' like a gypsy, always on the go,
Doin' what they best know how to do!

(Cho.)

Jammin' gears has got to be a fever.
And men become addicted to the grind.
It takes a special breed, to be a truck drivin' man
And a steady hand to pull that load behind!

(Cho.)
lyndon
1988 MC-9 DDC 6V92TA Fuller T-11605D

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 01:40:48 PM »

Having lurked for a while here and elsewhere on the Net, I have to say that detailed pictures and drawings have been a great supplement to the fantastic information this community provides.

Gumpy's site ( http://www.gumpydog.com/bus/index.htm) for example, provided much insight before we even purchased our bus, in no small part because of all the pictures. As a result, after just 5 or 6 weekends of work since starting our conversion, we have take literally hundreds of pictures of the process. We were planning to build a website -- as others have done before us -- using the pictures to tell most of the story.

I must say that I shared Kristinsgrandpa's concerns about how the bus looks right now. There's so much that needs to be done. My other concern is simply the feeling that we really "don't know what we are doing" -- learning on the job -- and who wants to see that? But other comments here have provided some encouragement to continue with the photo documentation, with the hope others will find it helpful some day.

As for my age and gender, the profile represents both Lynn and myself, and the difference in age is only exceeded by difference in gender. Should she get her own account and profile?

Don (Male/53/MC9/cradlerobber)

Don
1988 MC-9
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 03:28:05 PM »

Don, you can either share an identity or she can get her own.  Dallas nagged me until I joined on my own and now I am glad he did.  I like getting to know the people here for myself and not just through his posts.  I love it when I see another woman member.  Cat

PS.  I'm a cradle robber also. 

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Dallas

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 03:48:49 PM »

PS.  I'm a cradle robber also. 

Yep, when she was 10 years old I was half her age. Better yet, 13 years before my birth, the Japanese invaded Singapore. in 1862 joint forces retook Roanoke Island! Go Yankees!

On Cats birthday,
1959 - U.S. Naval Observatory introduces system of uniform atomic time using cesium beam atomic oscillators. (exciting)
1962 - Navy SEAL teams established. ( oughta make any lady's heart go pitter-pat!)
Songman

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2007, 04:00:30 PM »

Phil,

Yeah, that was Merle singing the title song to Movin' On. He's done quite a few others over the years as well. Of course, Bonnie and Clyde with Warren Beaty and Faye Dunaway. Also he did the narrative and a song in John Wayne's Chisum. And did a song, as well as had an acting role, in the mini-series Centennial. If you liked Movin On' You might also remember Doc Elliott with James Franciscus. Merle played a part in it once too... Oh wait.. and The Waltons...

Oh well.. This could go on forever! haha ... He's had a good career.

Don, there are lots of free web hosting sites out there. Throw you a site together and show off all those pictures. I would love to see them. There are a lot of us beginners, learning as we go along on here...
Songman

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »

I think the appreciation of older women is the sign of a smart man. When my wife was 10, I was half her age too! I'll have tell her that creative way or saying she is 5 years older than me! haha
lyndon
1988 MC-9 DDC 6V92TA Fuller T-11605D

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 04:06:37 PM »

Lynn says I really am a cradle robber because our bus is 34 years younger than I am. I'll bug her about getting an account so she can say it all for herself.

Don

Don
1988 MC-9
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: