Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 01:46:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Profile Updates?  (Read 3232 times)
Songman

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2007, 08:11:17 PM »

Nothing quite like having your better half on the forum with you. Kinda keeps you in your place a little. Dallas would be all outta hand without Cat here! haha... Luckily my wife is too busy on all her other forums to come here and pick on me!
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2007, 08:21:33 PM »

Songman & Phil -

When I read the caption under Phil's avatar, it makes me think of "Proud Mary", sung by Tina Turner:

Big wheel keep on turning
Proud mary keep on burning
And we’re rolling, rolling
Rolling on the river

Oh, and I have lots of info both in my signature, and my profile, and don't worry about it, either!

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Songman

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2007, 02:15:44 PM »

I've enjoyed seeing the new info being posted in the profiles and on the sigs. Thanks to everyone who has done that.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2007, 05:44:32 PM »

Well I for one have always had my info in my profile! And if anyone on the boards can't figure out what kinda buses are my favorite, or even how many of each we own. Then they sho ain't been pay'n no attn! LOL! Setra's are #1 and MCI makes a great work horse! That's my story and I'm stick'n to it! Big Wheels Roll'n, Mov'n on! I became addicted to the grind by watching that show! And I did it lovingly for many, many years and miles! But when it turned out that every day was a hassle just to get on down the road, I decided enough was enough and got out of it! But even though I don't grind gears anymore, and I don't haul freight anymore! I still love roll'n that big rig down the road, and mak'n new friends with every trip I do! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2007, 06:23:58 PM »

Nicely said Knuckle!!   Grin  As usual.

What a great thread!

Dallas - thanks for posting the words to that song - brings LOTS of happy memories back of watching that show, and just imaginnig what it would be like to drive one of the big rigs.

Songman - thank you for the info about Merle and "Big Wheels" & other great info!!

Russ - another one of my favorites.  Thanks - Of course, I like their "Jeremiah was a bullfrog" as well.   Cheesy

Kind regards to all - keep 'em coming.   Grin  Grin

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Songman

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2007, 06:47:46 PM »

Of course, I started watching the show only because Merle sang the theme song, but I fell in love with the whole idea of being a truck driver... Driving around all day listening to country music on the radio, talking to people on the CB, seeing the country, sleeping in a different place every night! It sounded pretty good to a 10 year old boy. Of course, later on I found out about log books and weight stations and how much trucks cost... So I did the next best thing and became a singer! haha
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2007, 06:54:31 PM »

Of course, I started watching the show only because Merle sang the theme song, but I fell in love with the whole idea of being a truck driver... Driving around all day listening to country music on the radio, talking to people on the CB, seeing the country, sleeping in a different place every night! It sounded pretty good to a 10 year old boy. Of course, later on I found out about log books and weight stations and how much trucks cost... So I did the next best thing and became a singer! haha

And now, as a bus owner...you can only sing the blues!  LOL

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Songman

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2007, 07:23:34 PM »

The Got No Money In My Bank Account Blues
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2007, 07:24:17 PM »

Russ - another one of my favorites.  Thanks - Of course, I like their "Jeremiah was a bullfrog" as well.   Cheesy

Phil -

Three Dog Night sang "Joy to the World", which had the opening line you quoted above:

Jeremiah was a bullfrog
Was a good friend of mine
I never understood a single word he said
But I helped him a-drink his wine
And he always had some mighty fine wine
Singin'...
Joy to the world
All the boys and girls now
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
Joy to you and me

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2007, 08:12:07 PM »

LOL -  Grin   Thanks Russ!!  A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Anyways - at least I remembered one of the lines!!!!

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
cody

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2007, 08:39:45 AM »

My sister in law lives in Peoria Illinois so we're in that area several times a year, now figure out where that came from lol, expiring minds want to know lol.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: