Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 08:00:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Build bus for me or the next owner?  (Read 3309 times)
Green-Hornet

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 02:36:44 PM »

If you decide to build for a next owner I would suggest, and I read this somewhere else, build your interior modular, outside the bus. That way it can be stripped out to an empty shell for the next guy, or left alone if they like it.
Dreamscape

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 04:10:20 PM »

I am building our Eagle for US!!!!!

If I was thinking of selling it (won't happen) I would stop and THINK. Why would I build it for someone else who will probably just tear it apart and DO IT THEIR WAY.

Just doesn't make any sense.

The resale market is huge, just look at all the coaches that have been for sale for weeks, months and maybe even years.

FWIW,

Paul
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 05:00:31 PM »

I am not suggesting to build it for someone else...just keep them in mind......read as don't do stupid $#!%...and do what you do well.

besides the obvious resons for the glut on used coaches.......is the large number of poor ones...either from the platform standpoint....or the conversion quality/ or a componenet of the conversion.

there are some who are converting as a hobby....and seems the hobby is a large part of their decision to buy and convert.  some for many years have been converting or rebuilding their platform and have yet to use it.

that is fine if that is what your intention is.

I have seen some spectacular interior conversions...then you open a bay up and it looks like something that was built  out of salvaged Jap Zero parts from a wreck found on an unihabited South Pacific Island.......have also seen the converse

with that said I have not seen many conversions, incuding the MC-8 I bought that I would not have done something to......but I doubt you will find any buyers who intend on gutting a converted bus and start over....unless they are certifiable.......most conversion are not maintained well, and with the small value added in the cost of the converted bus the buyer would be better off starting with a shell or seated coach.

Now before any of you start bitchin......there are alot of well maintained and well built conversions out there.....but those are the ones that only come up for sale from an estate for the most part.

the key is to build/lay it out smartly......and design it with materials that are "timeless" and suit the taste of the masses.

Flowered Couches from some POS S&S do not meet the taste of the masses for example   Something more subtle is a bettter choice
belfert

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 07:59:07 PM »

I'm not sure what type of interior material will be easy to keep clean, not look like redneck central, and be reasonable in cost.

Tongue and groove pine would be a fairly timeless look, but I think it would be hard to clean desert dust out of all the cracks.  Still thinking about it since I won't be working on the bus again until probably next spring.

I built my bus to use and not just sit until the conversion was 100%.  I wanted to have it ready after just six months, but that didn't work out.
BusMom

1978 GM4905A

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 07:44:18 AM »

We bought our bus (GM4905A) less than a month ago knowing that the interior would have to be gutted out to fit our needs.  I say don't worry about what a future owner is going to want (do you already know who is going to buy it and what they want).  Enjoy the fun and excitement of remodeling your coach the way that you want.    Cheesy  When we were looking for a bus we wanted something that the conversion had already been done on, but that was old so we didn't feel so bad about ripping out someones work.  All of the mechanical was already done so it made it easy for us to quickly get what we deemed necessary to use done and get on the road with the kids.  My husband and I figure that within five years we will be able to have it done to the way that we want and we will be ready to full time it when the kids move out of the house.   Roll Eyes  I think it takes a special breed to become a bus nut, and I love all of the ideas that bus nuts have come up with to solve the various problems that pop up with the ownership of a bus.  We can't wait to meet some of you at a rally or even just going down the road so if you see a 1978 GM4905A stop by and say hi! Grin

Amy Riley
Norman (Oklahoma City Area), Oklahoma
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »

I really did not find that desert dust was much of a problem . I went to the desert dunes for many years and several times a year and never really saw a problem.

The bus was closed up most of the time as we had to run the A/C most of the time. Throw rugs on the steps and down the aisle.

Always remove your shoes before entering the bus. A pair of coveralls to wear while out duneing or whatever activity you are engaged in and remove the coveralls before entering the coach.

really a no problem if you take some precautions.

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
HB of CJ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 03:48:09 PM »

Build it 110% for yourself and do it now.  Life is too short.  Naturally, thousands of individuals will be throwing money at you wanting to buy your coach because it will be perfect in every way---or even better!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
belfert

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 05:01:28 PM »

Richard, I imagine the desert dust you're speaking of isn't anything like the fine talcum powder like dust found in the Black Rock Playa.  The dust supposedly can get through some air cleaners.

I did forget a rug for the door which would have helped, but no way would I take off my shoes.  My socks would be covered in dust if I did that.  We were choking on dust inside just from the drive across the playa to our final destination.  The dust gets everywhere, even more so during high winds.

NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 07:39:17 PM »

How much is the next owner paying you?  maybe you should post the question to him. Wink

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
busnut104

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2007, 04:05:31 AM »

Build it the way you want it, any way how would you know how the next owner would want it,  If like most conversions you will only get pennies on a dollar any way.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: