Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 23, 2014, 06:31:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is a trickle charger what I need?  (Read 565 times)
ttomas

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2007, 05:21:08 PM »

I have a mc9 NJT with the split doors. Until I change the door to a single, I have installed an air tank and separate ac compressor tied into the door air dump switch, with a valve blocking the rest of the coach air system. (my wife can not manually open the door.) It works great supplying a constant source of air to the door without cranking up the engine.
    The only drawback I can see is that I have to keep the battery switch on to work the door.
     My question is twofold: with long term parking and using the bus daily, 6 months, what would be a good way to keep the batteries up while parked?
AND, if I use a 120 volt ac to 24 dc converter, how large would it need to be.(I am clueless as to whether or not this will work)
   As always, any advice is appreciated. Thanks,  Tomas
Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 06:01:46 PM »

I'm kinda' critical about people always trying to change peoples minds about how they are wanting to do something, that said I'd like to make a suggestion.

Could you replace the solenoid with a manual valve and eliminate the battery drain.

Ed

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 06:31:02 PM »

I had the same problem with my NJT 9B. I had a lock hasp installed at the bottom of the door ,and then I pad locked it. I also had a key made for the door (towards the back of the coach)I then decided to take the two doors and make one out of them. I wished I had done this earlier,this is a whole lot easier than tolerating those bifolds. Material cost is about $120.00,and labor is basically welding ,and riveting.

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: