Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 18, 2014, 08:21:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If we build it - will you come?  (Read 3585 times)
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2007, 09:29:34 PM »

I think it was Cat that said - if you want to have a rally just go ahead and plan one.  Fools jump in and all that.  So I went ahead and got approval from SWMBO - in fact she is an enthusiastic participant in all of this.

So far all we have done is pick a date and start a webpage.  The date will be Queen Victoria's 189th birthday and the days surrounding that auspicious date.

The webpage is here: http://www.rjevans.org/VicDayRally/RallyIndex.html

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 11:19:10 PM »

Is that in Sk Bob ... I maybe talked into that ...go visit some outlaws that I haven't seen in a long long while in Eyebrow and Brownlee.
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 01:52:44 AM »

Good Luck at your future rally Bob, I assure you that you will thoroughly enjoy your fruits of labor of arranging it with any problems that you feel may happen.  Believe me they won't.  Everyone attending will assist you in most anything that you plan to make it work, don't tense up.  Kyle's two rallies this year were both a success for his first venture into this and I assure you, as I write this that Kyle's Rallies will surely turn into one of the biggest functions for SC Busnuts and be for any one within traveling distance.

You can get information on tips from Jack & Paula Conrad, Dallas & Cat, Bruce Knee & Bill Glenn, Paul Lowery, Christy and now Kyle on what to think of as a beginner.  The rest will fall into place automatically.

Wish we could plan to attend, maybe we will as we sure love to have good times and meeting our big family. Good Luck again.

Gary

Gary
Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 03:25:50 AM »

Bob,

Yes they will come!

Good Luck on planning for your future rally. It is a lot of work but worth the effort. Fun and fellowship with fellow busnuts is the best.

I was a bit scared when planning for TBR 2007. Wondering if there would be enough interest. What it boils down to is, it doesn't matter how many show up for the first one. It will grow in time.

These mini rally's are becoming popular and springing up all over the place.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 04:12:51 AM »

Good for you!!   I am so glad to see you ready to jump in.  Remember, everything might not go smoothly, but. who cares.  Everyone WILL have fun.  Whether you have 2 bus nuts or 20, it will be fun.  Just don't try to overplan things, that way you can have fun also and won't be stressed out.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
cody

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 06:08:56 AM »

I just never know what kind of a birthday present to buy someone that old.lol
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 06:14:01 AM »

Prevost82: That can't be Southern Saskatchewan, there is a tree in one picture.
Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 06:20:04 AM »

That is THE Saskatchewan tree....you can see it for many, many miles around....
I can almost see it from here (Southern Manitoba)  Wink

We hope to make it to your non-rally.

Mark

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 06:38:54 AM »

We would love to come. Sask is beautifull in the summer. Good excuse for a road trip.

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
maria-n-skip

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 06:51:54 AM »

Bob,

I am real bad at remembering birthdays. What would the date be?

Skip
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 07:04:16 AM »

Hey BoB
Great Idea Count me in for two buses.  I'll bring the 47 MCI courier for a conversation piece. I can also give you a hand if needed.  In fact I can arrange for a donation of a 100 printed t shirts to give away proving that those that came drove 100 miles on flat road without seeing a tree. Grin  

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 07:12:36 AM »

Hey Paso,

Not to get too far off topic, but I would like to see some more pics of that Fishbowl you've got.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 07:23:58 AM »

Hi Buddydawg  no problem bring a camera to Bob's rally.  Grin Grin Grin   Oh thats not what you meant Grin Grin
I can send you some pictures if you like but it is still a work in progress. Any particular area??

Paul

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 07:28:33 AM »

I think Bob's rally may be a little out of range for me!

No areas in particular I just like to see what others have done with their transit conversion.  There are not too many around and we deal with some different issues especially as fitting everything on the underside.  How far along have you gotten?

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
Songman

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 08:59:26 AM »

That's pretty cool, Bob! My wife is a Victorian freak! Her little side business is called Victorian Valhalla and she buys, sells, and collects Victorian items, mostly mourning jewelry. She'll get a kick out of seeing this.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: