Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 08:39:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If we build it - will you come?  (Read 3859 times)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 08:17:12 PM »

Will Queen Vickie be there, I'd like to meet her

Hopefully in spirit!

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
lyndon
1988 MC-9 DDC 6V92TA Fuller T-11605D

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 08:46:23 PM »

We'd sure like to be there, Bob. Long weekend, short drive, born nearby... No reason why not!

Don & Lynn

Don
1988 MC-9
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 09:34:52 PM »

Pretty well 600 miles right on the nose - a good hard day's run or a leisurely 2 days.

That's on the list of things to add to the webpage but it won't likely happen for a week or so.  I'll also list some sights to see along the various byways you might take to get here.  Coming from Grand Forks, I'd give Winterpeg the slip, come through Carmen or somewhere near there.  Then I'd get on the Yellowhead Highway (TC 16) cuz its a pretty scenic trip and I'd stay on the Yellowhead to Elfros where I'd get on 35 and come straight north into Nipawin.  The other way to do it would be to come up through Riding Mountain Park in Manitoba and keep heading north pretty well as far as you want to - there's lots of opportunities to duck off to the west into Saskatchewan at Russel, Roblin, Swan River or Mafeking.  If you really wanted an adventure you could go as far north as Le Pas and then come back down to Nipawin from there but that would add a few miles.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2007, 06:11:12 AM »

Bob,
Quick question: for those of us in Minnesota; how far are you from Grand Forks?
Fred

Google Maps puts the trip at 960 miles from my house in Maple Grove.  Two days of driving for me ...
maria-n-skip

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 06:56:42 AM »

Boy Brian I don't feel so bad now with me at 837 mile.
I wonder if I can do it on one tank. (with a good tail wind)

Skip
Songman

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2007, 07:35:50 AM »

1931 miles for me. Guess I'm out. Happy Birthday to the Queen anyway.
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2007, 10:30:53 AM »

Guess i had better start now.2061.25 miles from nc.

I would love to be there,might just try it if Huggy is ready.

I really want to see the western half of the country and Canada.

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Dreamscape

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2007, 10:43:31 AM »

I wish we could come, it is 1,826.20 miles for us. That's a long way from Texas, and it takes me two days to drive through it!

Looks like very nice country. I have never been there, someday we'll have to make the trip.

Paul
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2007, 06:00:09 PM »

Quote from: Brian Diehl
Google Maps puts the trip at 960 miles from my house in Maple Grove.  Two days of driving for me ...

Naw Brian that's just a very long day! LOL!

Quote from: maria-n-skip
Boy Brian I don't feel so bad now with me at 837 mile.
I wonder if I can do it on one tank. (with a good tail wind)
 Skip

Skip,
Funny you should mention that #! That is exactly how many miles I drove Sunday night / Monday AM from Doswell, VA to Frankiln, TN & on home to UC (after dropping off passangers in Frankiln while I was still legal! LOL) 13.5 hrs! I really should have gotten a motel in Franklin, but who goes to a hotel at 6:30 AM when they ain't tired and only 170 miles from the house? But I'll be honest my butt was dragging when I got to the house! LOL! CAT told dad "Bryce musta been tired when he came in, he parked all crooked! AND HE NEVER PARKS CROOKED!" Boy it's great to have her on my side! LOL! I just wonder where she was about 20 somethin' yrs ago in my heavy drink'n days! LOL! Then she'd been say'n WOW look at that Bryce parked in the drive or street instead of in the yard against the house! LOL! (DARN GOOD THING I DIDN'T HAVE A BUS THEN! LOL! most of the time it was the only place I keep the bike from falling over while I fell off!) Whew, I tell ya I really don't know how I actually lived thru those days to tell about them! But ya know thay say "only the good die young!" So maybe I'll be here a while longer! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2007, 07:06:24 PM »

But ya know thay say "only the good die young!" So maybe I'll be here a while longer! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

A LOT longer

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2007, 07:32:36 PM »

But ya know thay say "only the good die young!" So maybe I'll be here a while longer! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

If that is true, I have achieved immortality!   Grin

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 06:23:52 AM »

Quote from: Brian Diehl

Naw Brian that's just a very long day! LOL!

I here yaw Bryce!  Just turn on the cruise and go make a cup of coffee!  Hee Hee, then who would I sue when I crashed?  Myself for putting in cruise?  Nah ... just kiddin around!
maria-n-skip

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 07:04:07 AM »

BK,

Ok you were under the 14 hr rule Smiley   How about the 60 hrs. in 7 days or 70 hrs in 8 days.
 Good thing I'm considered RV, I've been known to go way to long. Seems I never stop when
 I am within 3 hrs. of home. For the grace of God I have survived so far but I have the feeling
 that as I get older pushing it is less bright than a burned out light bulb.

Keep safe Smiley

Skip
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2007, 07:25:54 AM »

Quote from: maria-n-skip
BK,

Ok you were under the 14 hr rule Smiley   How about the 60 hrs. in 7 days or 70 hrs in 8 days.
 Good thing I'm considered RV, I've been known to go way to long. Seems I never stop when
 I am within 3 hrs. of home. For the grace of God I have survived so far but I have the feeling
 that as I get older pushing it is less bright than a burned out light bulb.

Keep safe Smiley
   Skip           

14 hr rule? I like that yeah, yeah I like that alot! And of course I was well under the 60 - 70 hr rules! I usually (except in certain crazy super swamped times) have no problem staying under the 60 -70 hr rules as we are usually only out 3-4 days a week! But there are times when we be gone long long times! Spring like late April thru June we are usually swamped! Which I got lots of trips on the books for then already! 
Grin  BK  Grin 

14 hr rule yeah that's the ticket! oopps or would it be a ticket if I get caught? ! LOL!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
maria-n-skip

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2007, 07:36:23 AM »

BK,

Only if you goof up on your logs.

Side note:
   Truck driver come into the way station and turns his log book in. The GVW guy looks at the driver
  and says this looks nice now let me see your real logs. The truck driver goes back to his rig and
  gets the other log book. Result: Ticket and Sleep time. The driver was so exhausted he wasn't thinking
  too quickly..true story.

Skip
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: