Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 02:55:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Bus Trip  (Read 1551 times)
redbus

Ignore
« on: October 18, 2007, 08:00:52 AM »

Well we started our winter trip the other day. We are now in the Knoxville area for a month or so and really enjoying these mountains and the music. Next month our plans are to go to south Florida to visit our son for a few days. We haven't seen him for a couple of years and are looking forward to the visit.After that we will inch along toward southern California where we will spend some time in those mountains riding our ATVs and end up in Quartzsite, Arizona for the rest of the winter. Probably. While in California we hope to look up Don Fairchild and get our Jake adjusted. Then in the Spring, if the money holds out,we may head north to Washington state to visit relatives and try out our adjusted Jake !!! After that we may return to southern Indiana(if the wife doesn't talk me out of it) to stay awhile. Wish me luck in the old Bus.

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 08:21:53 AM »

Sounds like a wonderful trip.  You know, we are only 200+ miles from Knoxville.  Visiting Busted Knuckle Garage would make a great weekend trip for you and Dallas and I, and Bryce also, would love to meet you.  They could make that adjustment on your jake for you also.   Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 08:25:06 AM »

And if you decide to head up thru the Central Valley of CA on your way to WA, you should definitely plan a side trip to Yosemite National Park.  Stop in Fresno before heading into the park for a visit, and I'll buy the Pepsi!  Contact info is in my profile.

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
redbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 08:34:35 AM »

Hey Cat,Where are you located? We are actually about 20 miles north of Knoxville in an RV park close to Interstate 75. I didn't know Busted Knuckle worked on any buses other than his own.

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 08:36:52 AM »

We are in Union City, the northwest part of TN.  Dallas is the mechanic for BK garage and he definitely works on any diesel engine, although buses are his first love....well, next to me of course.

Songman

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 08:38:52 AM »

Have a great trip! I hope to meet you while you are out here having Don work on the bus.

He is moving to a new shop this month so make sure you have his website and phone number so you'll be able to find him at the new place. I'll also post the information once he gets moved.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 10:53:32 AM »

I suggest you get the Jake working before you cross the great divide. You can definitely use it there.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 07:44:08 PM »

Red,

I am on I5 in Eugene, Orygun.  Its a college town and there isn't much here to visit.  I am on the emergency support net and available if you have a problem.  Wave as you go past town and I'll wave back.

Best wishes on you trip,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 05:23:46 AM »

If you decide to head to Union City just let us know and we will give you directions on how to find us and put out the welcome mat.

mc8 tin tent

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 09:42:36 PM »

Red
 We are also in southern Indiana,(Evansville). Have a safe trip and we will keep a light on for ya!
          Dwayne
BusMom

1978 GM4905A

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 10:54:26 AM »

I am envious and can't wait to take a trip like you are!  One of these days we will get to travel like that.

Amy Riley
Norman (Oklahoma City Area), Oklahoma
redbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 04:09:38 PM »

Thanks for all your well wishes. Dwayne, yes! Do keep the light on for us! And Bus Mom, just be patient and don't lose the dream. You too will be out here in time.

Terry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: