Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 12:48:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I never cease to be amazed.....  (Read 1699 times)
NCbob

« on: May 23, 2006, 07:11:33 PM »

I never cease to be amazed at the quality of content, the 'savoir faire' and the humor of the participants of this board.

One of the first things I do in the morning, even before I have my first cup of coffee, is to turn on the computer and see what tidbits of information are being offered to our community.  I mostly sit here, reading a laughing my fool head off, at the offerings.

Certainly there are questions "from out of the blue", like some of mine.  But they are treated with the most sincere responses, articulate and honest, based on real life experiences and knowledge.

I, for one, feel welcome (until Nick decides that he's had enough of my Tomfoollery) and enjoy every minute I spend with my fellow
BusNuts.

To all, I thank you, and were it within my power (but we all know it isn't) on my Epitaph, I'd like the world to know that I enjoyed every single, solitary moment...being a BusNut!

A fond and personal "Thank you" to all.

NCbob
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 07:21:16 PM »

NCBob,

This is what we strive for in this board, Good clean information and sometimes some laughs from good sperited people!

No mud slinging and such. We won't tolorate it.

I belive it's foundation is well covered from my fellow members to our awsome team of moderators.

I also love this board. Can anyone remember the old board? there is no comparison!

Thanks to all who partisapate!!  And Thank You NCBob for your nice comment!

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
DrDave

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 06:57:20 AM »

NCBob,

This is what we strive for in this board, Good clean information and sometimes some laughs from good sperited people!

I belive it's foundation is well covered from my fellow members to our awsome team of moderators.

I also love this board. Can anyone remember the old board? there is no comparison!

Nick-

Nick, You need a Smell Checker....or was that Spell? Undecided Roll Eyes Shocked Grin Smiley
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 07:01:24 AM »

NCBob,

Nick-

Nick, You need a Smell Checker....or was that Spell? Undecided Roll Eyes Shocked Grin Smiley

Naw, he only had five typo's in that post. LOL
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
darrenayres

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 09:08:06 AM »

I, too, enjoy this board. As a relative newcomer to the bus world, I get a lot of info from you all. I drove my first bus in July of 2000. Still can't believe how much I enjoy it. I drove for others for 3 years and then decided to help out some local churches by starting a small charter bus line. By using older MC-9s and 102s, I cut the charter price in half for youth group trips. I had up to 3 buses at a time. Having little experience but a strong mechanical inclination, I learned to do a lot of the minor repairs myself. What a great feeling it is to find and fix a problem myself, that a mechanic couldn't find. I learned that few people know my bus better than me. I guess I'm just not good at mimicing the noises that indicate a problem.  Undecided

I've recently sold my last bus. Yet I can't stay away from this board, Ebaymotors, Heartlandbus.com, etc. I've been told that you either love or hate the bus world and I guess I'm hooked. I've closed the bus company to return to a church staff position. At 47 I'm not ready to retire but when I do, or maybe sooner, I'll have another bus. One that seats 6 instead of 47 and sleeps only two! You can come over for the party, but you'll sleep at your place!!  Wink

Darren
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 09:39:22 AM »

OE NOE,  Pleez DOENT styart Nick GOEING Abowt thayut SPEL chucker Agin!!!!

Grin  Cheesy  Roll Eyes

Kinde ReeGguards - Fill

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
El-Sonador

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 09:50:22 AM »

As for a spell checker....

Do you guys know that so long as you have the first and last letter of the word, some of the letters in the middle can be left out and our brain will automatically decipher the word.
You can even do this through an entire sentence...

Kinda like a language of its own...

Don't believe me...? Try it!

Steve
Dallas

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 09:51:29 AM »

Darren,
My wife and I have decided our bus will be able to:
Have drinks for 6
dinner for        4
and sleep        2

We also bought a tent to use as a guest room. 3 rooms, and an entry. If you are cozy, it'll sleep 8 or 9.

Everyone else is on their own.

Buy a bus soon, of whatever type, convert it and join all of us as a bonafide 1D10T.

Dallas
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 11:30:43 AM »

Eye doent spll rong evrybode elss dozz!! Angry Angry Angry
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 11:32:38 AM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: