Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 10:30:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new to boards and RVs  (Read 3987 times)
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 04:41:50 PM »

The most "bang for the buck" will be the mid '80s MCIs. 

MCI parts are cheap.  If you can do all the labor yourself, most anything can be fixed, rebuilt, replaced, etc. without breaking the bank.  Labor is what gets you.  Some of these repair projects can be time consuming even for a professional bus mechanic.  If you have to pay him by the hour, get the checkbook warmed up.  I've done everything on the bus myself right in the driveway.  I did kingpins and bushings, brakes, shocks, airbags (inspected and replaced as necessary), leveling valves, dryer rebuild...I basically went through the chassis completely and replaced what looked like it needed replacing.  If I had to pay someone to do that, it would have cost a small fortune. 
coachcrazy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 04:44:57 PM »

keep me informed, southern NH is an easy trip for me
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 05:08:03 PM »

keep me informed, southern NH is an easy trip for me

I'll post it to the board.  From CT you would just come up 91 to exit 7, then it's about 30 minutes to Sunapee.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: