Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 06:52:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mexican insurance  (Read 3906 times)
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2007, 05:19:25 AM »

Where do you turn off MEX15 to get to SB?

Can't remember but it must be well signed cuz we have found it several times.  It must be in Church's book - that's our bible.  I'd have a look but the book is in the bus and the bus is in town getting new airbags.  All I can remember about that stretch of 15 is lots of old Dinas hauling cargo S L O W L Y up and down the hills.  

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2007, 06:12:37 AM »

Since this is turning into a mexico thread I'll chime in with this.  I have driven all over mex over the years.  The one thing I never liked doing was driving at night.  I've done it and it was jsut weird, even in areas I knew.  Now that never stopped me, but I didn't enjoy it.  While travelling in unknown territories I only drive in the daytime (I don't really believe all the horror stories I have heard about night driving in mex, but have heard enough of them to be effected by them).  If this is something everybody already knows that great, but if someone is reading this and plans on trying to pound in the miles overnight....BTW I'm not the only one who doesn't drive at night, the times I have travelled through the countrside at night one of the reasons it spooks me is there atre no other cars or trucks out there.  When one finally does show up that is disconcerting as well....sounds like I'm afraid of the dark!  Oh well.

Hey Flyboy, could you post how much your mex liability is.  Maybe see you in mex, though I am planning on checking out the gulf coast for a change.  patrick

I have to add my two cents about driving at night. There are generally no pull off areas along the highways and if a truck breaks down or has a flat or whatever, they just stop on the highway until they get it fixed. That can cause enough problem in the daytime when you can see further. At night it can be a catastrophe.  I used to go to San Felipe a lot but with teen age daughters I had to quit going. The local boys would not leave them alone.

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2007, 06:41:29 AM »

We have a strict rule about never running at night which we only break occasionally.   Grin

We'll run early in the morning - before daylight but never late in the day.  We left Boca early one morning - really early cuz we made it to Guasave that night.  I was passing something in the pre-dawn when it sounded like we'd been shot - scared the bezeebers out of me.  It was a pretty narrow section of road & I must have got too far to the left.  I clipped a concrete post along the edge of the road with my mirror - it must have just ticked the mirror because it didn't touch the trailer which I thought was at least as wide as the mirrors.  Folded the mirror in against the side of the door RIGHT NOW.  It didn't damage the mirror arms or bucket but the glass was gone. 

R.J.(Bob) Evans
My website
Our weblog
Flyboy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2007, 12:39:04 PM »

Stan,

Yes you are right...the bus belongs to a fellow AC pilot here in Kelowna.  Has a 6v92T in it.  He's a friend of mine.  Funny enough he was the first person to see my bus when it was delivered to my place. 

There was a line up to see it.  My wife figured that buying a bus would be a great idea for all her good looking single friends as the bus seems to attract scads of good looking guys coming to kick the tires! Grin

IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING!
Flyboy

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2007, 03:02:04 PM »

Bob,

Here's what I came up with re insurance.  We are going to go with San X, $200k seems adequate?

[font=Verdana]Due to the year of the vehicle the Meixo insurance company only authorizes us
for Liability only.
Thank you for your inquiry about Mexico Auto Insurance. Your E-mail indicated that you would like a quote for a 6 months policy for Mexico taking your 1954 GMC PD4104 RV for liability only

The premium for  a 6 months  policy would be $109.00

You would be cover for $200,000 combined single limit per accident for property damage and bodily injury. You would also be covered for $5,000 per person and $25,000 per accident for medical payments for the occupants of your vehicle. You would also be covered for legal assistance (legal aid, bail bond and attorney fees)

You would be given a toll free number direct to the Mexican Insurance Company to report a claim 24/7. They in turn would dispatch an adjuster to you wherever you are in Mexico .
If you have any questions please let us know. Fell free to call us on our toll free line 888-377-1570. The policy can be faxed, e-mailed or mailed. We do accept Visa & M/C if this is convenient for you. Our office hours are 7:30 to 5:00 Monday thru Friday.

The Mexican Insurance Company that we represent is Mapfre Tepeyac. They have been in business for over 62 years. They are one of the largest and best thought of companies in Mexico and most financially secure. They are an A M Best A rated company. We have represented them for over 32 years.
Regards,

Lupita Alvarez
San Xavier Mexico Insurance[/font]

IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING!
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2007, 03:46:37 PM »

Only you can determine what is adequate liability for your own situation - it comes down to what you are prepared to risk.  The odds of a Mexican driver coming to Canada (where the potential awards would be higher) and successfully suing me are slim at best so personally I wouldn't worry about it.  $200k coverage inside Mexico has to be more than adequate.  I would take some property coverage though - my Canadian carrier won't cover me for property loss in Mexico - think fire, vandalism, even theft.  Again, it comes down to what you are prepared to risk.  In our case if the $hit hit the fan I'd want a little bit of help rebuilding.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
My website
Our weblog
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2007, 05:52:51 PM »

Aron: As the previous owner of that 4104 didn't have a computer, he sent me the details to write an ad and post it on the BNO sale sight, where your friend saw it. I am sure he is aware that he didn't even pay the cost of the new drive train when he bought it.  It was a brand new assembly bought of the MCI assembly line. Since Cal owned a trucking company with his own shop, everything was well maintained by his mechanic. It was a tremendous buy for anyone wanting a 4104.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: