Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 02:33:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truck Based Motor Coach with Garage  (Read 4990 times)
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 01:02:20 PM »

My dream would be an early 80's era KW or Pete, long nose all tricked out for a red neck with either a 5th wheel or box. Would love to have the tractor just to drive around in. LOL
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 02:16:43 PM »

We stayed in Sam's Town a few years ago - quite a few years ago I guess cuz we still had the 5th wheel - the guy next to us had a 40' Newmar that he pulled with the Pete he had used over the road.  He had pulled the bunk and front diff out and shortened the frame.  It made a pretty nice hauler - he had it all tricked out with SS plate, side tool boxes, etc.  Probably most importantly from his standpoint it had a drivetrain that he knew intimately & it hadn't cost him anything c/w a MD hauler which would have been his other option for pulling the Newmar.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
TomNPat

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 12:39:48 AM »

Tom,

As one of the best thinkers ever to post to this board used to say "Do it your Way!"

Right now I'm wanting to adjust my brakes, lube and service our bus, and check things out.  Can't just stop at the Flying J service center can we?  All of life is a matter of 'gets' and 'gives'.  If you 'gets' what you want without a whole lot of 'gives' that are distasteful, then you'll be happy.

We had a truck conversion (short) that we pulled a 5th wheel with, but used it for a separate vehicle when we were working two different locations at the same time.  You're over our biggest problem.  We built the box, you'll have it done.  No leaks, dry rot, etc.  Went to the bus for less leaks, etc.  Not sure our 'gets' are exceeding our 'gives'.

Keep us posted so we can share your enjoyment!

TomNPat
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 10:32:28 PM »

I had my bus's oil changed in Las Vegas at the Speedco-they had the 40 weight (this was about 2 years ago).  As long as the Flying J has the oil and filters, I don't see any reason why they couldn't change the oil for your service-after all a bus isn't that much different than a truck-where do you think the drive trains come from in the first place?  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: