Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 06:24:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding pre-luber to my 8V71......  (Read 1465 times)
NCbob

« on: May 25, 2006, 04:18:26 AM »

My new pre-luber for the 8V71 in my MC5A arrived yesterday and in reading the instructions (who ever does that?) I noted that the supplier suggests T-ing into the oil gallery at the Oil Pressure sending unit.  Hmmm, don't like stacking up fittings in a virtually unaccessable area.  Undecided

Any sugestions as to where I might find an alternative point? How about some pics if you've done this.  Roll Eyes

There wasn't an oil filter included in the kit but I plan to add a small one in series with the pump on the pressure side. I'd like to know of a bracket mount, full flow, spin on if any of you have done this.

There's a neat timer which (if mine were 12V crank) sets the whole thing in motion once you turn the key.  Unfortunately I won't be able to use this feature so I'll use a spring loaded toggle switch (momentary on) near the dash and when I read 60 PSI of pressure I'll hit the start button.  Should make for a happier engine.  Grin

NCbob
Casper4104

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 12:05:30 PM »

Hey Bob,

Jc Whitney has a selection of 3 "Oil filter relocation kit"'s from $45.99 to $59.99.

These involve a chunk-o-iron made to accept a spin-on (Purolator Per-1A) oil filter with facility to bolt it pretty much wherever you wish, and some pipe fittings/adapters/hose fittings that'll allow you to route your oil flow right through the thing.  I think it's just what you're looking for.

www.jcwhitney.com

Take a look here

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10101/s-10101/p-100000167267/mediaCode-ZX/appId-100000167267/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000167267

What do you think?

Casper4104

If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?
NCbob

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 01:43:06 PM »

All I really need is an oil filter (like something for a Compact car) which I can fasten to a bulkhead and push the oil I am priming with throught before it gets to the oil gallery.  I'll be picking up the oil about 2" above the floor of the pan so I don't get any accumulated sludge (in my engine?) which might have accumulated there.

Or just a spin-on housing with about 1/2" NPT threading would do.  Just have to know what filter it takes.

NCbob
NCbob

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 01:48:22 PM »

All I really need is an oil filter (like something for a Compact car) which I can fasten to a bulkhead and push the oil I am priming with throught before it gets to the oil gallery.  I'll be picking up the oil about 2" above the floor of the pan so I don't get any accumulated sludge (in my engine?) which might have accumulated there.

Or just a spin-on housing with about 1/2" NPT threading would do.  Just have to know what filter it takes.

NCbob
Dallas

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 01:54:46 PM »

NCbob

Look on eBay for "oil filter adapter" or "remote oil filter" many use the standard V-8 Chevy filter, or the PH-8.
There are usually lots of them.

Or you could go to your favorite auto parts store and ask for Fram Kit K3390. It takes the full flow Detroit Oil filter AC PF911 or Baldwin B95 and others.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: