Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 05:54:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4104 Owners - Pictures and Description of My Previous 4104  (Read 1232 times)
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2007, 05:40:02 PM »

I don't know if this will help any 4104 owners, but here is the picture blog of my former 4104:  http://usbusin.blogspot.com/

If any of you have any questions I will try to answer them.  Although it has been six years since I sold her!

The 4104 and the 671 engine is one of the most dependable and "tough" buses/engines around in my opinion.

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
JimC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 06:45:44 PM »

Gary,
that is a very sharp looking 4104, one of the nicest I have seen, it looks like you had a lot of good times in it, I bet it was hard to let it go.
Jim

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
usbusin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 07:33:03 PM »

Yes, Jim we had many great trips and memories in "Usbusin".  She never let us down. 

We sold her to the Cherryholmes, a family Bluegrass band.  They had her for several years and when they became IBMA's entertainer of the year in 2005 they got a 45' Prevost entertainer's bus.  Jere Cherryholmes took very good care of her and sold her to the owner of the entertainer coach business that they lease their bus from.

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
houndbus
HoundBus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 05:27:11 PM »

for what it is worth...the Cherryholmes family has since sold it to Tim Dillman of the Dillman family who owns the Bill Monroe Memorial Bluegrass Park in Beanblossom, Indiana.  Tim has taken it to a new level by putting a lot into it.  I saw it twice at festivals there this summer and was invited in...it is one gorgeous coach...best lookin '04 I have ever seen.

Jim
PD4106-736
Milford, OH (Cincinnati area)
superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 05:41:41 PM »

for what it is worth...the Cherryholmes family has since sold it to Tim Dillman of the Dillman family who owns the Bill Monroe Memorial Bluegrass Park in Beanblossom, Indiana.  Tim has taken it to a new level by putting a lot into it.  I saw it twice at festivals there this summer and was invited in...it is one gorgeous coach...best lookin '04 I have ever seen.

Ya know, that does my heart good to see an old girl getting better with age.. Very Glad they are takeing care of her that well.. AWSOM..  Grin Grin

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
usbusin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 06:12:46 PM »

Jim, thank you for the update on "Usbusin".  I haven't seen Jere Cherryholmes for nearly two years, but when he sold the bus, he said it would be in good hands.  Sounds like it is!  It is always encouraging to hear that these old classics are being preserved.  "Usbusin", served us well and was super dependable.

Are you into Bluegrass, Jim?  My wife and I play Bluegrass Gospel.  If you haven't looked at our website; take a look, it'll show you what we do in our retirement.

Thanks again, for the nice report.

Gary D

Gary D

houndbus
HoundBus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 05:58:51 PM »

Gary...Wow!!! you really had her looking great when you sold...don't know what she was like when Tim got her, but the exterior design is still very similar.  The interior appears to have been re-decorated.  Anyway...she is a beauty then and now.  Regarding bg, yes, my wife Aimee plays mando,  a bit of dog-house bass and I saw on the 5-string a tad.  We are both 60 and started playing just a few years ago and go to several festivals withing 200 miles of Cincinnnti where we live.  We are not too good but pick about every night together and improving...looking forward to retiring in a couple of years so we can spend more time bussin and pickin..  Maybe we can hook up sometime...we both enjoy bg gospel.  Cya
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 06:00:44 PM by houndbus » Logged

Jim
PD4106-736
usbusin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 07:34:46 PM »

Jim, you are now the third "bus nut" that we met on this board from Ohio! 

Summer before last we visited and stayed with Merlin and Jim both near Cleveland.  Merlin is building a Prevost and doing a beautiful job.  He is retired and plans on full-timing next summer/fall.  Jim has a GM transit and is just getting started on his.

Our plans are to get back east next summer (have children/grandchildren in Mass.).  Hope that we can connect.

We always tell people to retire as early as you can.  Life on this earth is short.  And, as my dad used to tell me "you get no younger fast". 

Great to hear that you and your wife are starting to play Bluegrass.  We started when we retired and are having the best time of our life now.

Keep on pickin' and get out and do more bussin'!

Gary D

Gary D

houndbus
HoundBus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 05:22:24 PM »

Sounds like we have a lot in common.  If you come near here, let us know.  We keep our coach year round at a campground nearby with reasonable rates and could get you a spot for a visit...hope to see ya soon.   Smiley

Jim
PD4106-736
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: