Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 08:35:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zimtok is a Super Shifter!  (Read 2471 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 03:34:55 PM »

OK,
My video is not perfect.

Tiptoes: I was trying to keep my right leg out of the way to show my left leg on the clutch pedal.
Foot on clutch: I have no excuse. but I will say that i do not put pressure on the pedal.
Cruise: I like the pedal lock, and I have no problem setting it for any speed (usually full throttle) and if I hav eto make a quick stop I just push in the clutch and hit the brake. The engine can stay at high idle until I can release the lock.

Zimtok I thought the video was awesome! But I did learn many, many years ago that by merely "resting" your foot on the pedal not intentionally applying pressure. That even though you aren't meaning/intending too, but you are actually applying a very slight pressure which is sometimes just enough to make the throw out bearing ride the fingers of the pressure plate which causes premature throw out bearing failure! FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: