Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
December 14, 2017, 12:28:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The bus is gone  (Read 1754 times)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« on: November 13, 2007, 12:35:10 PM »

My old 4104 left under it's own power with the new owner last night.  I must admit to a rather large lump in my throat as I heard her wind through the gears for the first time in about 8 years.  She made it about 100 miles to her new home with just a couple of minor glitches as might be expected under the circumstances.

Alva, the new owner is very excited and plans a veggie conversion very soon.  Had to pay $3.39 a galon for enough fuel to get home.

Fortunately, he is surrounded by several GM Busnuts who can help and keep him on track. 

I think I might have done more with the old girl had I any bussin' friends close by. This community of "virtual" friends has been a big help but it's just not the same thing.

As an aside, we are moving to Saint Petersburg where I will probably find lots of bus nut buddies now that I don't have a bus.  I feel very certain that there will be another 4104 or 06 in my life sometime down the road.

Regards to all,

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 12:38:58 PM »

Len, you have lots of bus nut buddies no matter where you live!!

I'm sorry you had to say good bye to your old "friend" but I know you are happy to have a new owner that loves it.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 06:15:08 PM »

Len,

That is really sad, I don't even like to think about seeing my 4104 rear end as a new owner drives it away!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 06:11:40 AM »

My sympathies. Really. I have 10 vehicles. 3 of which I have had over 25 years EACH! I'm not one for selling.

Hopefully there will be another one in the future for you.
      Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Len Silva

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 07:23:19 AM »

Thanks for the sympathy, I'm feeling a little sorry myself.  Life goes on and life's circumstances have called for a move from acres in the boonies with my large shop to a small home in the city with no room for the bus.  Storage would be way too expensive.

So, the next project is restoring and remodeling a 1920's house in a historic district of St. Pete.  Now I've got to find houseconversions.com and join the housenuts!

Len

Hand Made Gifts

superpickle

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 05:01:46 PM »

Shocked

Sad

Cry

Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 07:05:37 PM »

i missed something.  Did you sell the acres and house already?  where was it?

oh, and i'm sorry to hear you're not driving a real bus anymore.  Please stay on the board as a busnut until you get your real, new-to-you bus to fix up.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 02:22:30 AM »

sorry about the bus.  Finehomebuilding.com has a forum similiar to this one (full of old codgers and know it alls).  The guys there have millions of years of combined experience and some of it is actually useful.

Len Silva

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 04:14:24 AM »

i missed something.  Did you sell the acres and house already?  where was it?

oh, and i'm sorry to hear you're not driving a real bus anymore.  Please stay on the board as a busnut until you get your real, new-to-you bus to fix up.

No, the property is still for sale but we are buying the new home in St. Pete.  The property is on 5.6 acres with a large (2400 sf) house, a 4 stall barn with tack and feed rooms and my 40 x 60 shop with a 24' pit.  Make a great busnut home.  Fort White is in north central Florida, between Gainesville and Lake City.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: