Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 21, 2014, 06:00:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: low Fuel question..  (Read 2758 times)
lyndon
1988 MC-9 DDC 6V92TA Fuller T-11605D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 09:42:32 AM »

Bob, I was just thinking the same thing. And with our dollar pushing US $1.10, it might be time for a road trip south, sucking fumes all the way, just to load up on cheap US diesel!

Don

Don
1988 MC-9
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 12:11:58 PM »

$3.33 per gal here....

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
TomCat
It's 4:20 somewhere...

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 12:29:23 PM »

$3.40 in my part of Colorado.

Jay
87 SaftLiner

On The High Plains of Colorado
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 01:58:14 PM »

Did you get the coach running yet?
Bill

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 04:26:01 PM »

Did you get the coach running yet?
Bill

No, not yet..Had to work the past few nights. Did some chores and hauled 25 gals of fuel today. There is a primer pump, but it appears to not be pushing fuel. Heading to NAPA in the am to get another primer pump..still crossing my fingers. Ill sleep a lot better once I hear it run again. Using this time to start stripping the interior. Got a few buddy's comming over later to help take seats out and get the luggage racks down....

I'm learning a ton about my bus and haven't even scratched the surface..lol.

I just want to hear it run..

trailblazer2

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 05:25:12 PM »

Did you close the ball valve off at the filler? It will not build up any pressure otherwise.Once it fires up then you can open up that valve again. I am in my 3rd year of ownership,and still learning these kind of tricks.
Bill

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 05:30:35 PM »

Did you close the ball valve off at the filler? It will not build up any pressure otherwise.Once it fires up then you can open up that valve again. I am in my 3rd year of ownership,and still learning these kind of tricks.
Bill

Yep, the valve was closed....JR (aka NJT5047) has been walking me through this problem....

travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »

We have ignition !!! Thanks to many phone calls to JR, my bus is up and running..what a relief !

trailblazer2

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 04:26:38 PM »

Let the good times begin! That JR knows his suff eh? He has directed my flops more than once, a very dedicated person. JR for vice President!!!!!!!Kyle will allow that for sure!@!

David Livingston
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 06:24:07 PM »

I know of these things only because BTDT!  I've screwed up every thing that can be screwed up on my bus...and fixed most of the screwups.  Luke, Gump and Butch Williams (and a lot of other busnuts!) offered 'taylored' help when I was having issues.  I'm only returning the favor. 
Owning a bus is a full-time learning curve...a long curve may I suggest!  Wink
John benefits from our 87 NJT MC9 knowledge base.  I don't know Bo about any other bus model.   However, the repairability of an MC9/DDEC1 is remarkable...as long as one knows what to do.   Easy coach to repair.  Comparatively speaking.   Smiley
John, glad the bus is running!   
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: