Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 25, 2014, 03:04:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Feature for Bus Conversions Magazine  (Read 5539 times)
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 06:35:24 PM »

how bout Busnut Cafe

good luck Dennis,  hard to come up with great info every time

i was flattered that my post stood out enough to get posted but it does seem like filler.

I liked RV Today for the food tips too.  maybe you can keep it oriented on buses.  good rally food etc.

maybe, readers grills section.  There was enough info at kyles non-rally from all the different food coming from different places to to make an article.  burger, sausage, spagetti

Gene Lewis's BBQ at timmonsville last year woulda got a pulitzer prize.  Not to mention all the treats Homegrown's lovely bride kept bringing out.

I would like to know more about convection microwaves.  

I don't keep this school girl figure by going hungry Wink

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
captain ron

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 07:44:24 PM »

Between Roberta, Kathy and Sue my anorexia has been cured.  Grin

For a column name how about Recipe's from a Bus Boy? (Get the twist?)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 08:06:37 PM »

Add away, Cliff!!!! That is a good one!
 I don't think a recipe section is a bad idea. As long as there isn't a limit on pages to where something else would suffer.
  I think more bussing adventures and interesting (read: bizarre) stuff like the wild bus's in this months issue. I just like community and personal stuff - WITH LOTS OF PICTURES!!!  Grin  (thats for you guys who can't read!!   Wink And good vacation spots, etc. But NEVER, EVER give up the tech stuff. That is the only reason I subscribe. I know I can get it here, but it's nice to get articles about stuff too.

My .02
     Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
chris4905

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 09:41:19 PM »

I'm with Gus.  Please keep Bus Conversions Magazine about buses.

If I want to chat or read about cooking, I'll go to a cooking chat room or forum.

Personally, if I start seeing cooking articles in Bus Conversion Magazine, I'll spend my money elsewhere.  I subscribe to Bus Conversion Magazine to read about buses, and I belong to this board to learn/teach about buses, not exchange recipes.

Just my opinion, sounds like I'm probably already out-voted.....and that's OK too.

Well, I gotta go, gonna log into my muzzleloading board to see if they are talking about bowling.

Chris & Cheryl Christensen
Ex-Bus Owners
Eagle, Idaho
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 10:08:42 PM »

Lots of the people that read the magazine are women busnuts.  We don't always get into the classified section like the men do but a page of cooking ideas and recipes are not going to take away from the "manliness" of the magazine.  If you say it should be all about buses, then cooking and camping and living related articles should also be included.  Would the next step be to say, "if you write about certain types of buses, I'll cancel my subscription" which is basically what some of you seem to be saying about a column that lots of us women readers (as well as lots of men) would enjoy.  If you don't like to cook, then just skip that page and move on to the things you do like.  This magazine is supposed to be for and about ALL busnuts, not just the macho dudes.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 05:38:51 AM »

Although I do not cook (Paula is a wonderful cook, as was my grandmother who raised me), I see nothing wrong with a SHORT monthly feature in the magazine.  As times change so do the formats of all magazines (and rallies). 
   We have always tried new and different things at our Bussin' rallies. Some worked, some didn't.  We learn from this and do not repeat those that do not work, such as a pizza night and karaoke (not sure why these did go over, but we learned that these are not popular). This year we are going to try a DJ one evening. And speaking of recipes & cooking, we will have a seminar by Dave Seigal on cooking on the road for 1 or2 people. 
   Anything new that is tried can always be changed if it is found that is is not popular.  Years ago, when I was in Fire School, one of my mentors told me to always keep an open mind and not judge someone or something until I knew more about them/it.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
GeorgeMyers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 07:50:46 AM »

Yes, most other RV magazines have a cooking column. However, they are for the gourmet cook who carries tons of spices and other ingredients.
   We need a column that tells things like how to put the meal in a pot powered by the inverter that will prepare the meal while we travel. How to keep us safe from the hot contents of the pot if there is an accident. What prepared food items from the grocery are good in a coach? No recipe should have more than four ingredients (keep it simple). Recipes should use the whole container because leftover are hard to keep in a small refrigerator. Think of "whole meals," not just one dish. Fast meals for when we have been driving all day or have been out recreating and returned to the coach tired and hungry. Meals over the fire. Cooking appliances that work well in a coach. How to use them.
   Is there anyone out there who can write this column?
George Myers
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 08:01:57 AM »

Great suggestion George!!! Those are all good ideas!!!

Chris,
    Wouldn't you think that even you could maybe gain from that sort of stuff?? Just curious. To be honest, I can't benefit much as I am not a cook. I eat out 75% of the time. Or do really simple stuff : salami cheese and crackers, fruit, etc.
    I think George made some good suggestions for eating in. I could even M-A-Y-B-E get a good idea or two from those suggestions. He raised some valid issues that I have even thought about........................ briefly.  Grin
    But bottom line, I'm with you, DON'T shorten or take away any of the tech!!! I can flip the page if they get to envolved with a recipe, but I read ALL the tech even if it was something I wrote here!
    Not cookin,
      Chaz
  p.s. More pictures of more bus's!!!!!!!  Wink

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/

GeorgeMyers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 08:06:35 AM »

Another good item would be "How to cook for a bus conversion rally." This includes the menu, where to buy the food, how to figure out how much to buy (the big problem), and the equipment needed to cook it.
   We would be looking for items that are not too much work. We also need complete lists of what is needed and what needs to be done. We don't want to have 50 hungry folks and no can opener or silverware.
George Myers
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 03:58:33 PM »

Another good item would be "How to cook for a bus conversion rally." This includes the menu, where to buy the food, how to figure out how much to buy (the big problem), and the equipment needed to cook it.
   We would be looking for items that are not too much work. We also need complete lists of what is needed and what needs to be done. We don't want to have 50 hungry folks and no can opener or silverware.
George Myers

Depends on the size of the rally.  Our bussin' rallies (160=180 coaches) are much different than a SE Cruiser rally with 20-25 coaches. I learned a neat idea for a breakfast for a small rally at the SE busnuts rally in Hoboken, GA a few weeks ago. "Breakfast In A Bag" is made by setting out bowls of chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, chopped mushrooms, cooked sausage, chopped green pepper, and eggs.  Each person takes a freezer bag and adds their favorite omelet ingredients and 2-3 eggs. seal the bag and work with your fingers to mix all the ingredients. 8 bags into a boiling pot of water for 13 minutes (Exactly 8 bags and exactly 13 minutes with water at a rolling boil before putting the bags in). Makes great omelets.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 06:03:25 PM »

That sounds like a good one for the magazine article!!

NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2007, 08:11:33 PM »

........ "Breakfast In A Bag" is made by setting out bowls of chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, chopped mushrooms, cooked sausage, chopped green pepper, and eggs.  Each person takes a freezer bag and adds their favorite omelet ingredients and 2-3 eggs. seal the bag and work with your fingers to mix all the ingredients. 8 bags into a boiling pot of water for 13 minutes (Exactly 8 bags and exactly 13 minutes with water at a rolling boil before putting the bags in). Makes great omelets.  Jack

Thanks alot Jack,  you've just ruined another article for Dennis Cheesy  You and that NEWBIE George Meyers are always startin trouble Wink Cheesy

we used to do the campfire omelets at the cub scout events.  bacon bits work good too.  eat right out of the bag for less mess.

I agree the article should be bus oriented somehow.  We have lenghty threads and articles about the crapper and the black tank.  why not something for the other end.  it could be a test of the ronco rotiserre with tech data like actual amperage.  fridge feasibility and maintence etc, stoves, microwaves. and all the tech data.   i also agree, something else shouldn't suffer.

if you cook something in a bus article, include amp, energy, method, usage and tech stuff, and details.  not this is a picture of a typical stove, but this is the model*** and we used this this or that and we like this or that, and the food.  unbiased opinions like consumer reports.

i haven't met a busnut that doesn't like to eat.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
gus

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 08:50:20 PM »

Dennis,

Since you are the new editor I have one more request, could you please reprint the Eagle article from  the Nov issue? I tried to connect the text to the photos but just couldn't do it. I guess it was easy for Eagle enthusiasts but I'm kind of slow anyway. If the photos had been numbered I probably could have followed it better or if the photos were in chronological order by bus model.

I've always admired Eagles, had a good chance to get a Golden Eagle just a couple of months after I got my 4104 but it is just too much bus for me. It was painful to have to let it go and it was a steal.

Richard,

I think you missed the point, the BCM articles haven't shown anywhere near all the postings to any one question so it is not really clear as to what is going on. If I hadn't already read them on the board I wouldn't have understood most of them.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Dallas

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2007, 08:11:30 AM »

........ "Breakfast In A Bag" is made by setting out bowls of chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, chopped mushrooms, cooked sausage, chopped green pepper, and eggs.  Each person takes a freezer bag and adds their favorite omelet ingredients and 2-3 eggs. seal the bag and work with your fingers to mix all the ingredients. 8 bags into a boiling pot of water for 13 minutes (Exactly 8 bags and exactly 13 minutes with water at a rolling boil before putting the bags in). Makes great omelets.  Jack

Thanks alot Jack,  you've just ruined another article for Dennis Cheesy  You and that NEWBIE George Meyers are always startin trouble Wink Cheesy

we used to do the campfire omelets at the cub scout events.  bacon bits work good too.  eat right out of the bag for less mess.

I agree the article should be bus oriented somehow.  We have lenghty threads and articles about the crapper and the black tank.  why not something for the other end.  it could be a test of the ronco rotiserre with tech data like actual amperage.  fridge feasibility and maintence etc, stoves, microwaves. and all the tech data.   i also agree, something else shouldn't suffer.

if you cook something in a bus article, include amp, energy, method, usage and tech stuff, and details.  not this is a picture of a typical stove, but this is the model*** and we used this this or that and we like this or that, and the food.  unbiased opinions like consumer reports.

i haven't met a busnut that doesn't like to eat.

Along that line of thought,

what is the best wine to serve with Broken bus?

Is there an etiquette in serving beer, like is before 7AM too early?

When serving the kids, do you leave the lid on them until done or do you just use the rotisserie?

DF
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2007, 08:25:46 AM »

Quote from: Dallas
what is the best wine to serve with Broken bus?
DF

Dallas I think that is supposed to be what kind of cheese do you serve for with the whine of Broken bus! LOL! But what
t do I know I don't even own a conversion yet! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 08:35:49 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: